August 2012 Moms
Options

My kid will crawl before she rolls

I'm convinced DD will crawl before she rolls over.  She doesn't even try to roll, but when she's doing tummy time and I put toys just out of her reach she will make her legs frog style then push them up under her so she's on her knees and scoot forward!  We're doing the naked tummy/back time after bath every night on a towel.

I know they do everything on their own time, so I'm not worried at all she hasn't rolled yet.  She's one of the "older" babies on here with a 7/28 birthday but was a 36 weeker.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My kid will crawl before she rolls

• Options
    Haha! I was thinking Evie would skip crawling altogether and go from roll clean to walk. She's kinda lazy. :p
  • Options
    I was just discussing this with Dh.  Our little one has only rolled once.  I am not worried though.  She will get there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daycare provider says that LO has rolled front to back and back to front, but I have yet to see it.  When he's at home what I do see is him scooting and his butt goes up in the air.  He wants to crawl!  I'm sure he doesn't know that's what he's getting at, but I feel like he's gonna skip rolling and just crawl.  

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    Same here! He moves his legs and arms like he's swimming during tummy time. He did roll once last week when he was only in a diaper but not since.

• Options
    Same here! DS has ZERO interest in rolling but has a ton of interest of figuring out how to move around, like his big brother.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options
    I have said this to DH as well, he moves backwards, does the swimming on his belly thing and even turns in a circle, but has yet to roll.  He has started to seem interested in rolling, gets his face turned into the blanket and his belly half turned, but can't get his huge leg over to actually roll.  He's so big!
    image image image
  • Options
    I feel this way too sometimes. She is more interested in trying to pull herself along than roll over. I'm not worried though.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageKimnBen:
    I was just discussing this with Dh.  Our little one has only rolled once.  I am not worried though.  She will get there.

Yes 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"