February 2012 Moms
Options

This might be dumb, but...

How gassy is your LO? Mine's not that fussy, but she farts A LOT. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but  even my DH has commented on how much gas she passes (like he's one to talk, ha!). We are in the process of switching to 100% FF. So, I didn't know if I should try a new formula or leave it be since she seems happy otherwise.
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: This might be dumb, but...

• Options

We have a super gassy baby here! In fact, the last few weeks I've questioned my husband whether or not it was him or the kiddo- it sounds so adult like!

To be honest, I'm super relieved my LO is passing gas so easily now. The first two months or so he struggled with such bad gas pains, it was so sad to watch and hard to cope with the screaming/fussiness. 

I've talked to a lot of moms with babies around the same age and they've basically told me the same thing- LOTS of farting. I think if your LO isn't in any pain and is happy, there is no need to switch formula. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSevenT7Switch:

We have a super gassy baby here! In fact, the last few weeks I've questioned my husband whether or not it was him or the kiddo- it sounds so adult like!

To be honest, I'm super relieved my LO is passing gas so easily now. The first two months or so he struggled with such bad gas pains, it was so sad to watch and hard to cope with the screaming/fussiness. 

I've talked to a lot of moms with babies around the same age and they've basically told me the same thing- LOTS of farting. I think if your LO isn't in any pain and is happy, there is no need to switch formula. 

Yup, this. Aria farts a ton! The pedi said it was completely normal as long as she wasnt in pain. :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BGoBGo member
    My DD can fart a grown man under the table. And she LAUGHS when she does it, so much so that we've added the "fart" sign to her baby signing vocabulary. FYI, after about 1 month on formula we switched her from milk to soy (she still gets about 1 oz breast milk at each feeding) due to extreme "I am going to effing DIE" crying during/after feedings, and she's calmed down quite a bit, but she's still farting away. The doctor said that if she seems happy and not in pain, then leave it be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD is farting up a storm over here.  She seems happy enough and isnt having trouble passing it.  She is also 100% FF.  I say as long as she is happy otherwise, I wouldn't switch formulas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Pedi told us farting is good, means she is able to pass the extra air she gets from eatting without pain.

Emily farts alot. Once we were at the store and she was farting so loud and I thought it was this guy in the same asile as me, I kept giving him dirty looks...turns out it was my sweet baby. That guy probably thought it was me...lmao.

• Options

We call DD "Fart Machine" lol.  Sometimes it sounds like she has a machiune gun in her dipe, and sometimes I definitely hae to ask if it was DD or DH making all the noise.  She is BF'ed so it definitly not just the formula causing gas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pics-25untitled_zps5ec34838Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We have a super gassy baby. She rarely ever fusses about it but every now and again she gets upset. I assume its because the gas is getting trapped somewhere.

LO is EBF so I have no advice on the formula. 

• Options
    Audrey is FF, and we switched to Enfamil Gentlease and that helped on the gas. I think any formula that's gentle on the tummy will help some though.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker peri-partum cardio myopathy survivor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"