Trouble TTC
Options

Oops took an extra day of clomid.

I was supposed to take clomid days 3 through to 7. 

I accidently  took it days 3 through to 8.Do you think this will effect anything.

Re: Oops took an extra day of clomid.

• Options

I only get ten pills.  How did that happen?  Anyway I'm not sure what will happen but when you go in for monitoring be sure to tell them.  In fact, maybe call them right now and tell them.  GL.

• Options
    I am only ever given the five pills at a time. I would call your RE or nurse and tell them and see what they say.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenotquiteblushing:

I only get ten pills.  How did that happen?  Anyway I'm not sure what will happen but when you go in for monitoring be sure to tell them.  In fact, maybe call them right now and tell them.  GL.

This exactly. How did you have extra pills? 

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • Options

lol, wow....

I took my pills kinda weird this cycle, too.... forgot to take the last one the night I was supposed to, and I took it the next day.... I O'd so... guess that's the goal

• Options

imagekatherinewilloughby:
    I stole them!

ha! Anyway you got them, I'd just call your doc and let them know. 

• Options
    Anyhoo, I guess this is what happens when you're not monitored on Clomid despite receiving advice to do so several weeks back.
  • Options
    Not sure who's the bigger idiot - you, for taking too many pills, or your OB for prescribing too many in the first place.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options

I stole them!

huh?!

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Options
    imagehootie123:

I stole them!

huh?!

kinda what I thought

• Options

First off, therefore so many reasons why this is wrong. Is that your real name? Because now we all know Katherine Willoughby stole prescription drugs. I wouldn't want my real name attached to that.  OP, in all seriousness, call your pharmacist.

Edit for sp 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • Options

You ladies needs to calm down and not be so judgemental when someone posts on this board to ask for advice. 

This is my first time TTC. So what if she gave me two cycles worth of clomid. 

How was I supposed to know I should be monitored. My doctor went to school for this and I trust her judgement. She did not mention anything about being monitored and seeing as this is my first time on the medication how was I supposed to know, other than AFTER being prescribed it,on other message board people start to insult me and saying how stupid I was for not being monitored.  

Debatethis- when someone posts on a trouble TTC board, looking for some simple advice and you call them an idiot it does effect there feelings. You need to get off the message board and go focus on your own life, stop caring so much about everyone elses and stop being such a B****. 

• Options

I stole them!

Is this a joke? Stole from a friend? a pharmacy? This is 12 kinds of strange.

ETA: Nevermind. Still strange that they give you 2 months worth!  They only gave me 5 little pills in a jar. 

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They were prescribed, just SOME of the other ladies were acting as if I had stolen them.
  • Options

You ladies needs to calm down and not be so judgemental when someone posts on this board to ask for advice. 

How was I supposed to know I should be monitored. My doctor went to school for this and I trust her judgement. She did not mention anything about being monitored and seeing as this is my first time on the medication how was I supposed to know, other than AFTER being prescribed it,on other message board people start to insult me and saying how stupid I was for not being monitored.  

Debatethis- when someone posts on a trouble TTC board, looking for some simple advice and you call them an idiot it does effect there feelings. You need to get off the message board and go focus on your own life, stop caring so much about everyone elses and stop being such a B****. 

Did you not have an info sheet with your prescription?   Mine said I should be monitored. There was a whole paragraph about it along with risks.  Really you are probably fine (meaning the one extra pill, not clomid unmonitored).  I have heard of people taking a second round later in the cycle as some sort of boost.  I don't know enough about that to explain it or the risks, but I have heard of it. 

TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    You asked for advice weeks ago and we gave it to you and you didn't listen.  I guess the 8 of us are wrong and you are right.  Good luck with your sextuplets.
  • Options

Affect. Their. ......it does affect their feelings.  

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

• Options

3 things: 1. I bet taking the extra clomid isn't going to make much of a difference except that you're now missing a pill for next cycle. If this doctor routinely gives out 2 cycles worth then I'm sure you're not the only person who has ever done this. Just call the office and tell them what happened.

2. it is your health, so make sure you read up on whatever pill or instructions you're given. I also didn't know that I should have been monitored my first time using clomid prescribed by my OB, but I definitely asked about it when I was prescribed it again. 

and 3. It's sort of ridiculous to call someone out for calling you an idiot and then call them a "B."  kwim? Anyway- good luck.

---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How was I supposed to know I should be monitored. Because you posted the other day about it and EVERYONE told you you need to be monitored while taking it.

My doctor went to school for this and I trust her judgement. She did not mention anything about being monitored and seeing as this is my first time on the medication how was I supposed to know, other than AFTER being prescribed it,on other message board people start to insult me and saying how stupid I was for not being monitored.  

Debatethis- when someone posts on a trouble TTC board, looking for some simple advice and you call them an idiot it does effect there feelings. You need to get off the message board and go focus on your own life, stop caring so much about everyone elses and stop being such a B****.  Really? Come on now. Not you debatethis.

• Options

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/66122065.aspx

Can you not read? You posted this BEFORE you started taking Clomid. You were warned to request monitoring. The packet that comes with the Clomid says to get monitoring. ANYTHING you Google about the drug says you need to be monitored.

And no, your OB did not go to school "for this". She went to school to be an obstetrician and gynecologist, not a reproductive endocrinologist. Apples and oranges.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options

Thanks Honeygirl. 

No I was not given anything. I did call the Doctor after the girls told me I should be monitored and she had told me if there are any side effects to give her a call and she will let me know if I should stop taking them or not.

• Options

They were prescribed, just SOME of the other ladies were acting as if I had stolen them.

You said you stole them, what are we supposed to think?

• Options

Thanks Honeygirl. 

No I was not given anything. I did call the Doctor after the girls told me I should be monitored and she had told me if there are any side effects to give her a call and she will let me know if I should stop taking them or not.

That is not monitoring and why she should not be prescribing it in the first place.

• Options

Thanks Honeygirl. 

Your presciption didn't come with any sort of government mandated information about the drug you were prescribed to take? I call BS. You're one of those people who just wants a baby and doesn't care that it takes patience. You ignored our advice about proper monitoring - which, by the way isn't intended to be a burden or delay for you, but to keep you healthy and keep you from possibly damaging your fertility forever - and you just want what you want when you want it. Not to mention, your doctor is a damn fool and shouldn't be prescribing that drug as she is. I would never take Clomid with my OB, but at least she offered proper monitoring if I wanted to consider it.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

Thanks Honeygirl. 

Your presciption didn't come with any sort of government mandated information about the drug you were prescribed to take? I call BS. You're one of those people who just wants a baby and doesn't care that it takes patience. You ignored our advice about proper monitoring - which, by the way isn't intended to be a burden or delay for you, but to keep you healthy and keep you from possibly damaging your fertility forever - and you just want what you want when you want it. Not to mention, your doctor is a damn fool and shouldn't be prescribing that drug as she is. I would never take Clomid with my OB, but at least she offered proper monitoring if I wanted to consider it.

This totally!

~Jen
    4/12: HSG All Clear
    5-1-12: DX of PCOS
    5-4-12: DH S/A all normal.
    5-16-12: Offically start IUI#1-->Clomid(50mg) + Trigger + IUI + progesterone supplements=BFN
    IUI #2-same treatment-->BFN
    July IUI#3-same treatment--->BFN
    Aug 22, 2012-Laparoscopy Found/Removed extensive endometreosis.
    September 2012-IUI #4-Same treatment as before. BFN
    October 2012-forced break/Surgery to remove abnormal cells in left breast.
    November 2012-First Injects Cycle (IUI #5)! 225IU Follistim CD 3-5, then monitoring appointment. 20+ follier & e2 >2000-Mild OHSS
    December 2012-#2 Injects + IUI#6): Beta 1/18/13-BFN!
    Jan 2013-Starting IVF!!! BC starts Jan 17/Lupron on Feb 13/Stims on Feb 18/ER on March 1 IVF Protocol: Lupron 10 units in am until stimms. Then 5 units of Lurpon in am, 150iu of Follistim and 1 unit of Menopur in pm. Holding dosage throughtout since response has been great. Thought we would be freeze all due to OHSS, but ended up getting more follicles then expected! 14 total!!! 12 mature and 11 fertilized. Dr calls for a 5 day transfer!! :) Will freeze remaining.
    With Love & Strength, Hope Grows!
    WHEN, not IF!!!
  • Options

I didn't see anyone being judgemental at first.  They were asking legitimate questions.  You were the one that took it too far.

If you realized how stupid you were being not being monitored after it was prescribed, why didn't you get monitored?  Watching for symptoms on your own is not monitoring.

Don't go telling any one of us to get off the message board.  You don't have to post here.  If you don't like what we have to say, then YOU get off the message board. I don't see why you are still posting anyway, when you obviously don't want to hear what we have to say.

• Options
    imageAurora1181:

I stole them!

ETA: Nevermind. Still strange that they give you 2 months worth!  They only gave me 5 little pills in a jar. 

This past month I was prescribed 10 pills of Femera and the pharmacy gave me 30. It happens, and I don't see why its a big deal. As I recall when I posted about it I sure wasnt the only one with extras.

ETA - OP, I don't care if you "think" you're having side effects or not. I had no idea I had two gianormous cysts growing on my ovaries for months because of clomid and my own stupidity. I wish I had found these boards back then so I knew what I was getting into but I didn't. By the time my RE discovered my cysts (and OHSS) I could have been left sterile or dead because of the size they were (Due to possible rupture. and the fact that I'm so highly active in the Army.) So get your head on right and GET MONITORED

• Options
    alb245alb245 member

Wow. Just wow.  

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

***Ticker Warning***

imageHinessn:
    imageAurora1181:

I stole them!

This past month I was prescribed 10 pills of Femera and the pharmacy gave me 30. It happens, and I don't see why its a big deal. As I recall when I posted about it I sure wasnt the only one with extras.

ETA - OP, I don't care if you "think" you're having side effects or not. I had no idea I had two gianormous cysts growing on my ovaries for months because of clomid and my own stupidity. I wish I had found these boards back then so I knew what I was getting into but I didn't. By the time my RE discovered my cysts (and OHSS) I could have been left sterile or dead because of the size they were (Due to possible rupture. and the fact that I'm so highly active in the Army.) So get your head on right and GET MONITORED

THIS! My experience exactly. Do yourself a favor and go to an RE. Yes your OB is trained, but not in fertility treatment. Dont be an idiot.

TTC Since March 2010
    DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
    3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
    Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
    Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagesarahaaron08:

***Ticker Warning***

imageHinessn:
    imageAurora1181:

I stole them!

THIS! My experience exactly. Do yourself a favor and go to an RE. Yes your OB is trained, but not in fertility treatment. Dont be an idiot.

Careful, Sarah! She'll tell you to get off the boards for that strong language of yours. ;)

And how the heck are you doing, anyways?! I hope all is well. :)

• Options
    imageDebateThis:
    imagesarahaaron08:

***Ticker Warning***

imageHinessn:
    imageAurora1181:

I stole them!

Careful, Sarah! She'll tell you to get off the boards for that strong language of yours. ;)

And how the heck are you doing, anyways?! I hope all is well. :)

Yikes, I better run and hide! HA

Im doing great, thanks for asking. I miss you ladies, but lurk everyday!

TTC Since March 2010
    DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
    3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
    Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
    Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

***Ticker Warning****

I have to step in here and defend my girls!  In your previous post no one at all was being rude to you.  They were mainly asking questions about what you are going through and voicing their concern for YOU and YOUR health with taking clomid without monitoring.

My OB had me take clomid for 2 cycles without monitoring.  I was clueless until I went to my RE.  My RE was beyond pissed at my OB for perscribing that to me and said that OB's are not in the job profession of getting people pregnant and don't fully know about fertility drugs unless they have the specialty.  Although if they have that specialty, they would know to monitor you closely under clomid.  My RE said that I was very lucky that I didn't have complications on it.  Your body doesn't always give you side effects when something is wrong. 

If, or when, you go to a RE, which I would suggest making an appointment now to get testing done prior to treatments,  he or she will tell you the same thing.  OB's should not be prescribing clomid they should send you directly to a specialist. 

The women on these boards unfortunately have been around a lot longer than you and know a lot more.  Listen to them, they know what they are talking about.  They were very nice to you until you didn't want to hear their advice anymore and got snippy with them.  This is a family on these boards.  It is not just a forum to get questions answered.  When one of us is hurting we hurt with them.  So when you come in and insult even just one of us, we will jump all over you. 

• Options
    imagenotquiteblushing:
    Anyhoo, I guess this is what happens when you're not monitored on Clomid despite receiving advice to do so several weeks back.
    Ooh, snap!!
    TTC Babypants with low motility and low morphology since 6/2010.

Trials & Adventures in Baby Making

Stuck in counting limbo.

SAIF always welcome!!

Fortune from UnderwaterRhymes: A new outlook brightens your image and brings new friends.

imageimage

• Options
    OP, you're an idiot.  That is all.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagegenmalone:

You're just a big ol'meaniehead!! Get off Katherine's internet, you BEYOTCH.

Stick out tongue 

• Options

imagegenmalone:

This. How the heck would you consider "wait to see if something bad happens" monitoring?

• Options
    OP, what are you going to do next cycle when you have only 4 to take? 

And I get my pills in a blister pack - all 5 of them. It's kind of hard to mess it up. 
  • Options
    imageExcitedtostart:
    OP, what are you going to do next cycle when you have only 4 to take? 

And I get my pills in a blister pack - all 5 of them. It's kind of hard to mess it up. 

Oh, she's going to have quadruplets from this cycle so don't worry about any of those actual concerns, ETS!

::pats head:: OP's got it ALL figured out.

• Options
    Suz+MoSuz+Mo member

imagenotquiteblushing:

Nice Sleuthing, NQB!!  :::::high five::::::

• Options
    imageDebateThis:

imagegenmalone:

You're just a big ol'meaniehead!! Get off Katherine's internet, you BEYOTCH.

Stick out tongue 

I have no patience for stupid!  Super Angry

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"