January 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else not know you get examined every week now??

Fun surprise at the dr office today when the nurse handed  me a gown LOL I didn't know that after 35 weeks, you get your cervix examined every appointment now. My husband isn't even getting that much action! LOL

Re: Anyone else not know you get examined every week now??

• Options

I definitely don't get a cervical exam every week from 35 on. my dr. asked if I wanted it at 37 (or maybe 38?) weeks last time, and said it was optional.

I opted for it last time but this time I think I'll hold off till at least 39 unless I'm having contractions or if I change my mind (I reserve the right!!) Wink

• Options
    I honestly don't know what my OB's policy is on this.  I saw him today (36w2d) and did not get an exam.  I think it's because we'll be inducing next week.  He did tell me he wanted to check my cervix next Tuesday so he knows which meds he wants to use for the induction.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I knew my doc's office started them at 36 weeks. Mine started at 34 thanks to some contractions and an L&D visit. The cervical checks are definitely not fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    I'm 36 weeks and my MW hasn't mentioned anything at all about cervical checks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I won't be getting one until probably 38 weeks.  I feel it will be kinda pointless to get one on my visit on Thurs being only 36, and I feel the same way at 37 unless I'm having questionable labor symptoms.

But I will say that I WAS surprised at my last visit b/c I'd forgotten it was time for my Strep B test so I didn't get to 'prepare' down there.  Luckily I was fairly well groomed, but that was literally just by chance!  I should probably pay more attention to it from now on.  I'll also try and make sure my toenails are painted pretty from here on out so they look nice whenever I deliver.  I remember the nurses last time commented on them when I was delivering DD.. Lol.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My doctor doesn't start cervical exams until 38 weeks unless there is a reason to do one.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    Im having my first at 35 weeks...not looking foward to it!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My OB doesn't start them until 40 weeks unless medically necessary. Happy about this!
  • Options
    My doctor doesn't do them until 40 weeks, although I have the option to if I want.
    If you haven't gotten it already, be prepared for the strep B swab. Not that it's uncomfortable or anything but you might not want to be surprised by it, haha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My office will start at 36 weeks, but yeah, I knew because I asked. I wanted to be prepared :)
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    I was told at my appt yesterday (34w4d) that at my next appt (36w4d) I would need to put on a gown so they could do the step test. I was also told they would start doing internal checks "if I wanted" but I think I'm going to decline and wait a few more weeks.
    Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

we get them every week starting at 35 weeks from my OB. It is optional, however; I get them every week. I like knowing my progress and also if I go into labor and delivery knowing what the status of my cervix was last week can be a great help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"