November 2011 Moms
Options

Target Registry- Items not getting marked "purchased"

My mom ordered a few things off my registry online a couple days ago and she noticed after she ordered them, they still were not marked as "purchased". So she called customer service at Target (was on the phone for 45 minutes!) letting them know that the web site is not taking the items off after someone buys them. The man she talked to said "Oh we've had a lot of people that call in and let us know they bought something off of a registry and then we manually help them take those items off." And he wasn't going to do anything about it to fix this issue! Pretty sure not everyone is going to call and tell them to take items off that have been purchased! So now I am probably going to end up with 5 of everything.

Ugh. I am sooo not impressed with Target's registry.

Re: Target Registry- Items not getting marked "purchased"

• Options
    I've had the same issue with stuff bought online AND in the store. One of my friends bought 5 items in the store and only 2 were marked as purchased on the registry (so obviously she even gave them the registry printout to be scanned). I've been marking things as purchased manually as we've received them...there's a catch though because marking things manually doesn't make them show up in the gift purchase log (for easier returns). I'm beyond annoyed with Target's registry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had the same issues. I ended up with lots of multiples at one shower, and I just had to go back and return them. Even without a receipt, Target will take things back, whether they are on your registry or not. They just give you a gift card. So, we used the gift card to get other things we needed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So far no one appears to have bought anything from my Amazon or Target registries and I was feeling kinda bad about it. So I'm actually happy to hear maybe people have bought stuff and it's just not getting marked purchased :)
  • Options
    imagejuliamay08:

My mom ordered a few things off my registry online a couple days ago and she noticed after she ordered them, they still were not marked as "purchased". So she called customer service at Target (was on the phone for 45 minutes!) letting them know that the web site is not taking the items off after someone buys them. The man she talked to said "Oh we've had a lot of people that call in and let us know they bought something off of a registry and then we manually help them take those items off." And he wasn't going to do anything about it to fix this issue! Pretty sure not everyone is going to call and tell them to take items off that have been purchased! So now I am probably going to end up with 5 of everything.

Ugh. I am sooo not impressed with Target's registry.

I have had the same issues with Target.  My mom was also on the phone with customer service for almost an hour, and she told them if she weren't trying to buy for her own daughter, there is no way she would have gone through all that.  We received double items at our shower because they hadn't been marked off.  When I try to access my registry online to manually remove the items, all I get is a "bad request" error page.  I've emailed Target three times, and they just keep telling me to be patient with their updates.  I told them there should be some kind of explanation message on the website, and they responded with, "Well, there was an apology message on there in August."  

In addition to that, the whole registry was flat out deleted at one point and it couldn't be restored.  My shower hostesses from my second shower ended up listing "Babies R Us" on our invitations as the only place we were registered. 

• Options
    Ugggh, Target!! Angry
  • Options

And then when you try to return all your double items, there is a good chance you'll get attitude from the C/S lady.  "Well since they aren't on your purchase log, you'll get lowest sale price".  Listen b - not my fault your website sucks and didn't mark any of these items. 

Yeah, I'm jumping on the "I hate Target" bandwagon.  

• Options
    Same here.  And it's not working again today.  I've already warned my friends about using them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"