October 2011 Moms
Options

Cramps/contractions at night?

Lately I have been having period like cramping at night... like when I wake up from sleep I feel it... but during the day I just have painless BH contractions....

Is anyone else experienceing labor type cramps and contractions at night only?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cramps/contractions at night?

• Options
    me....I thought it was weird too that it only was at night...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Me! It actually woke me up last night and I was thinking, "Oh my gosh, this could be it..." but no such luck. I fell back asleep after about 20 minutes and then felt kind of off this morning, but I'm doing ok now. I'm not sure what it is; maybe you're just progressing and your body is getting ready for labor? Here's to hoping!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes, it woke it me up at night too but then went away after about 1.5 hours.
  • Options

Me too!!

Maybe our bodies are taking advantage of our relaxed state to make progress?

• Options
    Same here, seems like cramping and BH intensifies at night.  The last few days have been less, but the night before I was uncomfortable and seemed to get frequent contractions so I thought it might be the beginning, but 3 days later clearly not.

• Options
    I get crampy at night too. My midwife said a lot of women get them at night and after they use the restroom they will usually ease up. I was hoping they were secret night cramps that meant I was dilating and effacing! No such luck though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to post this today.  Yep contractions last night :/
  • Options
    Me too!  I mentioned it to my doctor that I only have contraction type feelings at night and he didn't seem to think it was odd at all.  But every night for the past week or two it's been happening.  
  • Options
    I get contractions a lot at night. I thought the other day that this was it the baby was coming and nope! I get a few during the day but seems to be worse in the evening. Maybe because I am less active???
  • Options
    Hm...I have started experiencing this too...except I'm only 35 weeks.  Seems like most everyone else is further along.  Hope that's ok...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"