October 2011 Moms

Cramps/contractions at night?

Lately I have been having period like cramping at night... like when I wake up from sleep I feel it... but during the day I just have painless BH contractions....

Is anyone else experienceing labor type cramps and contractions at night only?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cramps/contractions at night?

• me....I thought it was weird too that it only was at night...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me! It actually woke me up last night and I was thinking, "Oh my gosh, this could be it..." but no such luck. I fell back asleep after about 20 minutes and then felt kind of off this morning, but I'm doing ok now. I'm not sure what it is; maybe you're just progressing and your body is getting ready for labor? Here's to hoping!
  • Loading the player...
  • yes, it woke it me up at night too but then went away after about 1.5 hours.
  • Me too!!

Maybe our bodies are taking advantage of our relaxed state to make progress?

• Same here, seems like cramping and BH intensifies at night.  The last few days have been less, but the night before I was uncomfortable and seemed to get frequent contractions so I thought it might be the beginning, but 3 days later clearly not.

• I get crampy at night too. My midwife said a lot of women get them at night and after they use the restroom they will usually ease up. I was hoping they were secret night cramps that meant I was dilating and effacing! No such luck though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was going to post this today.  Yep contractions last night :/
  • Me too!  I mentioned it to my doctor that I only have contraction type feelings at night and he didn't seem to think it was odd at all.  But every night for the past week or two it's been happening.  
  • I get contractions a lot at night. I thought the other day that this was it the baby was coming and nope! I get a few during the day but seems to be worse in the evening. Maybe because I am less active???
  • Hm...I have started experiencing this too...except I'm only 35 weeks.  Seems like most everyone else is further along.  Hope that's ok...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"