3rd Trimester
Options

help with bras

So i have basically not been wearing a real bra for about a month now - the tatas have expanded too much. I wear a camisole with a built in bra that does okay and i stick little pads in there for coverage. This seems to be the most comfortable. Im 28 weeks and I went from a C to bigger than a DD (as i found out this weekend when bra shopping at target). Nothing fits! I had to buy a bra because I was in a wedding so I found a 38DD in leopard (not my style but it was either that or flame red) that was also a nursing bra, so I hoped that at least I could get double use out of it after my little girl comes. Well after only a few hours of wearing it I was done. I had my husband take the underwire out the next day and everytime I bend over, one boob completely falls out!

So what do you ladies use for bras? I have never found a maternity/nursing bra that is comfortable. This is what Im looking for in ideal bra world if you can help me out

Tan/neutral in color, padded so the headlights dont show, no underwire, full coverage, straps that can be adjusted all the way down to the bottom and preferably $30 or less. Needing like a 36-38E? I live in the middle of corn so we have walmart, jcp, kmart and kohls. If i drive an hour away we have a leggs/hanes/bali outlet. HELP! i cant go braless forever.

Cloth diapering, VBAC, BF & FF, AP momma to two 2 and under. Special needs - DS born with clubfoot and diastrophic dysplasia (dwarfism)

Re: help with bras

• Options
    I had the same problem.  I went from a 34DD to a 36EE and im still growing.  Ive been going to Motherhood Maternity for bras and have gotten good bras and pricing.  They all are either black, while or tan and i havent spent more than $25 on each one.  The only complaint i have is the underwire on the side hurts a little bit after ive been wearing it all day but i just put some athletic tape on the sides of the bra and i dont have a problem.  They have tons of options there and you can order them online.   Hope this helps
  • Options

I think you should go and get sized professionally. A good fitting bra makes all the difference in the world. I had bought some bigger bras and they were not fitting right. Kind of same situation as you-really painful underwire and just uncomfortable in general.

I went to a store for breastfeeding bras and supplies and had a fitting. Turns what I was wearing was too big around and too small in cup size. Putting on a bra that fit felt like heaven. I even wore it home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my Lane Bryant bras! Their line (Cacique) is very well made and very comfortable. They also come in a variety of styles and colors. They are available online if you don't have a store near you.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options

I could never find a comfortable nursing bra with DS. All of them dug into my skin or gave no support.....after several professional fittings. I just received this bra and love it. https://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-body-silk-seamless-nursing-bra

There are no wires but it still fills very supportive. It also appears it is going to be very comfortable during nursing. It is a little more expensive than what you want to spend, but IMO it is worth it. Also, check online where to buy. Some hospitals carry them in there shop and I found the hospital by me (and I live in BFE, too) has a certified fitter as well. GL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I plan to be fitted after baby is born and buy some bras then.  But for now, I bought a couple of nursing tank tops, which were on sale at Target and a couple sleeping bras, which are light weight a stretchy.  I have no idea what my boobs are gonna do once my milk comes in so I don't want to spend too much money on bras that may or may not fit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The bravado body silk seamless is the best bra i've found. runs small, though, and the size chart on amazon is a bit confusing. They also sell this on target.com, i don't think its available in the target stores.  This is the size chart from the packaging, i would recommend to go up one size from what's suggested, it will give you more room in either direction as you grow and shrink:

Use current measurements to find rib band (inches) and cup size.

Small - 32B, 32C 32D, 32DD, 32E, 34B, 34C, 36B

Medium - 32DDD,32F, 34D, 34DD, 34DDD, 34E, 34F, 36C, 36D, 38B, 38C, 38D, 40B, 40C

Large - 36DD, 36E, 36DDD, 36F, 38DD, 38E, 38DDD, 38F, 40D, 40E, 40DD, 42B, 42C, 42D, 44B, 44C, 44D, 46B

XL - 40DDD, 40F, 42DD, 42DDD, 42E, 42F, 44DD, 44DDD, 44E, 44F, 46C, 46D, 46DD, 46DDD, 46E, 46F

Again this the size chart from the package, i recommend going up one size for a better fit (if the chart says your a L, get a XL instead, even if you think it might be too big, they run that small).

Features:

Removable molded foam cups, for the option of a thicker cup lining to hide nipples and breast pads when you need it.

Comfortable stretch fabric and wide elastic banding provides proper support without an underwire.

Fully adjustable in shoulder straps (goes all the way up and down), and 4 hooks in back to adjust between 2-3 rib band and 2-3 cup sizes as your breast change during pregnancy and breast feeding -- big win for me because i hate bra shopping and this thing should get me through the next year.

Nursing clips, hooks and seams lie flat and the bra is very comfortable.  I'm on bedrest and have been sleeping in it for the last 5 weeks without any problems of it digging into my skin or creating sore spots.

Full coverage, no chance of falling out.

It is a bit more expensive than what your price range is (i found them online between $44-50), but totally worth it in quality, fit and comfort.  i bought 2 bras and i haven't needed anything else.

You can also check out the reviews on amazon.com, make sure its the "bravado body silk seamless" as bravado makes a bunch of styles of maternity bra and this is the only one that meets all your criteria.

Good luck!

• Options
    The GAP online has a nursing bra that is wireless, super comfortable and supportive, I love the quality of GAP and Old Navy maternity wear, you can't go wrong!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"