Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When to switch Advent nipples from newborn to next size up? And a gassy baby!

My 3 week LO is eating quite well out of the Advent nipples, but seems to make a cute sucking noise as she drinks. I was wondering if it is normal or if I should try switching out the nipple to the next size up.  She only drools a little bit toward the end of the feeding when she starts getting full.

She is also a gassy, constipated baby at times, which can stress me out b/c she looks like she is pain.  We switched her to Similac Sensitive and hoping that helps.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it either.  I might try switching to Dr. Brown bottles when she starts to outgrow the small Advent ones I have. 

Any advice?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: When to switch Advent nipples from newborn to next size up? And a gassy baby!

• Options

The best way to know if she's ready for a faster nipple is to try it. If she spits up after, she's not ready.

We use Dr. Brown's bottles and they are the best. The extra parts are a bit of a pain to clean, but it's worth it. DD was MUCH less gassy with them.

• Options
    jenm53jenm53 member
    Thank you!  I will give it a try this week.  I think I am definitely going to try the Dr. Brown's soon as well.  I have heard the same thing about them being a pain to clean, but if the difference in the amount of gas decreases, well worth it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DD uses Avent as well, and after eating with the newborn nipple really well, all of a sudden she started seeming like she was mad or frustrated while she was eating, got more fussy and gassy afterwards, and would spit up, but she had never spit up before.

I thought it seemed like she was having a hard time getting the milk out.. so I switched to the 1 month+ nipples and she has been eating better than ever. No more frustration, less gas, and no spitting up whatsoever! Sounds like it would be the same for your LO!

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"