Breastfeeding
Options

Tattoo

Can I get a tattoo well I am still nursing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tattoo

• Options
    candr09candr09 member
    only if your willing to pump and dump until your tattoo is completely healed. At least thats what my tattoo guy said, haha.
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know this from personal experience but I did read one time that getting a tatoo breaks open the skin and leaves you more susceptible to infection. IMO, it may not be a good idea to open yourself up to possible infections. Hope that  helps
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ya I think I will wait till Lukus is a year old then go have it done then...Thanks ladies
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

yes i did. I did my research. no pumping and dumping for me  good luck

• Options

-->

FAQ's

Bookmark and Share
    //jQuery.noConflict(); //make jQuery play well w/ others, like Prototype! //--- Should have already been done in the header! jQuery(function(){ var htmlStr = jQuery("#addthiscontent").html(); jQuery(".subhead:first").css("width", "300px").css("float", "left"); jQuery(".subhead:first").after("

"); jQuery("#addthis").html(htmlStr); });

"IS IT SAFE TO GET A TATTOO WHILE BREASTFEEDING?"
    "I have heard various opinions on the subject of getting tattooed while still breastfeeding. I have a 16-month-old daughter who still nurses on demand and want to get a tattoo on my forearm. Is there a possibility this could hurt my daughter? "

The ink used for tattoos will be safe, as it primarily stays in the skin and does not get into the circulation. HOWEVER, the needles used for the tattoo will pose a very small risk of transmitting hepatitis C. Recent research shows that a larger, multi-colored tattoo poses a higher risk than small black tattoos. Another study showed that the risk of contracting hepatitis is actually higher during a dentist visit than while getting a tattoo, so this subject remains controversial. My thoughts are: before you permanently alter your body, imagine what this tattoo would look like on your Grandmother? because some day that is how you will look!

Dr. Jim

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"