Natural Birth
Options

anyone done a DIY belly cast at home?

I would like to do one and I welcome your tips or suggestions... Also do you have any recommendations for a kit to use? Thanks!

Re: anyone done a DIY belly cast at home?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure LanieLove did one, I seem to remember her mom did it for her?  I don't think she's on the CO board much these days, but maybe someone knows how to get ahold of her.
  • Options

imageCheriCO:
    I'm pretty sure LanieLove did one, I seem to remember her mom did it for her?  I don't think she's on the CO board much these days, but maybe someone knows how to get ahold of her.

That was my thought too...I think Robin is FB friends with her, you could see if Robin could ask her. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We did ine when I was pg with DS1. I bought a roll of plaster guaze from a craft store (like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UHNDFW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000OH2CA0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RWST00HS85AHX3QSFZX)

Anyhoo, you have to use petroleum jelly wherever the cast is going to be, and it's a pain to clean up. Make sure you use multiple layers when you do it, so it's sturdy enough. And then you can just paint it or whatever after it's dry. If you google around, there's various examples of DIY. hth 

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I didn't do mine myself and I don't think I would have been able to . You can do them at home for sure, but I think it really helps to have someone there to help. Good Luck! My dad is helping me make a fiberglass version of mine so that I will have it forever and can airbrush it. (Plaster breaks down eventually, no matter what you do).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"