Working Moms
Options

Working on Christmas...

I am...and Christmas Eve. Usually I don't care about working holidays but this being my daughter's first Christmas, it makes me sad.  I work the midnight shift so I'll be home during the day, but I have to sleep sometime and I would rather just spend the whole day with my family and my baby!

Anyone else have to work on Christmas?

Re: Working on Christmas...

• Options
    I have to work Christmas eve and it stinks!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagerickandcaitlin:
    I have to work Christmas eve and it stinks!!!

LOL looks like we are the only ones!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

look about 1/2 way down the page. 

yep.  working.  eve and night 7p-7:30a.  we're celebrating a day early.  tomorrow will be our Christmas eve, the 24th will be Christmas day.  just won't turn on the TV so my older child doesn't figure it out. on the 25th, while I"m sleeping, dh will take the kids to see Tangled.    at least we're not working 7a-7:30p.... then I really wouldn't see the kids at all on the actual day or eve.  

• Options
    me im working 11 am to 4pmish
  • Options
    Yep. It sucks. Normally I get christmas eve off but since my boss is on mat leave, her replacement didn't bother to arrange things for that to be possible.we had our Christmas dinner tonight, we'll open presents and see a movie when I get home christmas. I also work nights.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do, but I don't go in until afternoon. DS is still too young to really get it, so I didn't push for the day off this year. It worked out that we can see my ILs the day after, and my parents aren't having anyone over until the day after that because my OOT sis won't make it until then, so working on the 25th isn't really putting a damper on any plans. :)
  • Options
    My DH has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas.  I am glad that DD is to young to even know what's going on but I know as time goes on and she gets older it's going to suck.  He also has to work New Years Eve and New Years Day.  The night shift has to suck.  Maybe stay awake to open presents on Christmas Day and then go to sleep and then get up in the early afternoon...then you have the whole evening till you have to leave for work.  Your sleep is important too.  Your LO is to little to remember so when you celebrate is not a big deal.  
  • Options
    Oops spoke too soon!  Yeah I know she won't remember.  And maybe next year I'll have enough seniority to get holidays off!  
  • Options
    Totally didn't see the same post about halfway down the page...wow...
  • Options
    A little late on this post for me... I had to work Christmas. This is DS's second christmas, but one that he understood more. I was sad that I had to work, but absolutly no way to get off. I worked 3-11. We spent all of Christmas eve with family.
  • Options

DH and I both had to work on Christmas.  This was our first year doing santa, so we did it yesterday :)  I am pretty sure our 2.5 year old didn't know.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"