Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Drinking ? for BFing moms...

I'm going to a wedding tonight and MIL will be watching DD.  I'll be having some wine / champagne at the reception, what is the procedure for this?  Do I pump & dump?  If so, for how long afterward?  Just when I get home, or all night?

Re: Drinking ? for BFing moms...

• Options

There's no need to pump and dump.  Alcohol metabolizes out of breastmilk the same way it does blood.  Just don't feed your baby until after you've waited long enough to no longer feel any effects from the alcohol.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• Options
    like pp said, no need to pump and dump.  but if you feel uncomfortably engorged and are still tipsy, then you can if you wish.  keep it to one drink an hour and a glass of water in b/w drinks.  those rules plus no more than 3 drinks in a night have kept me with not having to pump and dump (only had to use this twice)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rule of thumb if you dont feel the effects you are ok.... I wait about 3 hours before I feed, so if you know you are going to be home by 11, stop drinking by like 8-9
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • Options
    if you can drive, you can nurse. have a good time!
  • Options
    no need to pump & dump, just don't feed DD until you're good and sober.
    DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options

haha My doctor told us when we were leaving the hospital, and I quote...

"If it puts you in a slump, please pump and dump".

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"