Minnesota Babies
Options

Pregnancy Massage Recommendations...

Hi Ladies, at my last appointment the doctor recommended massage to help with the headaches I've been having.  She said to be sure to get a pregnancy massage.  Does anybody have experience with getting a pregnancy massage in the metro area?  If so, please share...TIA!
bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
The Bump MoM Recipe Collection

Re: Pregnancy Massage Recommendations...

• Options
    I got one at Spalon Montage in Edina and it was AMAZING!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I got one at Salon Ultimo in Woodbury. It's a great idea!! If you've been to a masseuse before that you liked, check and see if they have prenatal massage, it seems like many do. Good luck with the headaches!
    DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've gone to Healing Waters in White Bear Lake.  It was worth every penny. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had one when I was pg at JUUT Southdale.  It was fantastic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    massage envy-introductory massage is $39 plus tax (granted they will give you membership info, but they don't press you to join).   loved mine so much that i did join!!!   and have had 3 prenatal massages that rocked my world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    check into any chiropractic center or physical therapy (if dr. writes a prescription) insurance may cover??   our hospital has a massage therapist in the physical therapy department and even without it being covered was less than a spa.   granted the setting wasn't spa like, but still very relaxing!
  • Options

I went to Blooma in Edina for a prenatal massage and it was wonderful!  The woman's name was Stacy and it was worth every penny!

• Options
    While pregnant I had one at Massage Envy in Eden Prairie, it was good, but not great. I had an amazing massage at Life Balance in Waconia with Kathy, I believe. I got to lay on your belly, which hadn't been done in such a long time, that alone felt fantastic. At Massage Envy (at least in EP) I was on my side and actually walked away with a kink in my neck the way they had me laying down.
  • Options
    Kari at Blooma is fantastic! 
  • Options

I actually got one at the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis. It is only $40 for an hour and you just tell them how far along you are and they set up the table to accommodate your belly.  It was awesome and cheap!

• Options

I had one over Xmas - it was awesome! Spalon Montage - Mary.

I want to go back!!

• Options

I had several prenatal massages at Bodywise in Crystal.  They were all amazing.  If you do go, ask for Damian.  He is the greatest!

• Options

Linda Posthumus (ignore the off-putting last name) in Eden Prairie is amazing, and she is specially trained in prenatal massage.  She's also a doula.  I also like that she is independent.  For a little extra, she may come to  you.  Her website is www.MassageHealingArtsCenter.com .

For anyone getting massage, be sure to tell the therapist that you're pregnant.  There are triggerpoints that can cause pre-term labor.

• Options

Linda Posthumus (ignore the off-putting last name) in Eden Prairie is amazing, and she is specially trained in prenatal massage.  She's also a doula.  I also like that she is independent.  For a little extra, she may come to  you.  Her website is www.MassageHealingArtsCenter.com .

For anyone getting massage, be sure to tell the therapist that you're pregnant.  There are triggerpoints that can cause pre-term labor.

• Options
    emeigh(amy) or june at spalon montage in woodbury, 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"