3rd Trimester
Options

advice for packing hospital bag, from new mom

hello, i just wanted to drop some advice for people who are packing there bags for the big day. the diapers they provide are usually fine, our room was stocked with pampers swaddlers, but take your own wipes!!! the wipes at the hospital suck, they are like little paper towels you have to wet in the sink with warm water, they are rough on babys bottom. i would also bring bordux butt paste, this stuff is awesome! diaper rash is gone in 2 days or less. and brng enough snacks for dad.

Re: advice for packing hospital bag, from new mom

• Options
    Thanks for the tips!
    www.mvstephenson.wordpress.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I heard about those wipes at the hospital, it's so strange they don't use regular wipes! I was thinking about just using those and saving the money on bringing our wipes, but maybe I will bring some just in case if they seem rough on new baby skin.

I have heard that Beaudroux's Butt Paste is great, I have yet to pick some up!

A friend of mine told me her DH packed all the diapers in the room and took them home, so I'm planning on doing the same Wink . Hey, I'm paying for them aren't I ?!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    weird, we had Pampers wipes at the hospital.  ::shrugs::
  • Options
    imageJ.R.LANDRIGAN:

I heard about those wipes at the hospital, it's so strange they don't use regular wipes! I was thinking about just using those and saving the money on bringing our wipes, but maybe I will bring some just in case if they seem rough on new baby skin.

I have heard that Beaudroux's Butt Paste is great, I have yet to pick some up!

A friend of mine told me her DH packed all the diapers in the room and took them home, so I'm planning on doing the same Wink . Hey, I'm paying for them aren't I ?!

THIS is why I am taking baby's diaper bag. it will not be pre-packed, but be used to take all of those diapers and extras home haha

but good tip on the wipes! thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not all hospitals provide diapers.... ours doesn't, but I know that is not common.  Just something though, make sure that your hospital provides diapers before you don't bring any!!!!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options

We had the disposable washcloth things to use as wipes, too.  They sucked.  Especially for trying to get the meuconium off.  You're better off either bringing wipes, or just using a regular cloth washcloth (wet).   

Definitely bring enough food, etc... for dad - and make sure he eats!!  I packed snacks, but the day I delivered everyone was so focused on me and baby that DH managed to go all day without eating and ended up sick to his stomach with a migraine that night.  Not good.  

When we were discharged, my nurse told us to take anything in the room and bathroom that was disposable - diapers, dry washcloths, maxi pads, etc... She said anything disposable that was opened would just be disposed of, so to take it with us.  

When DH went home one night I did have him bring back one of our Swaddle Me blankets; it was much easier for me to wrap DS up in that than in the receiving blankets.  

• Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    imageAndi98989:

We had the disposable washcloth things to use as wipes, too.  They sucked.  Especially for trying to get the meuconium off.  You're better off either bringing wipes, or just using a regular cloth washcloth (wet).   

Definitely bring enough food, etc... for dad - and make sure he eats!!  I packed snacks, but the day I delivered everyone was so focused on me and baby that DH managed to go all day without eating and ended up sick to his stomach with a migraine that night.  Not good.  

When we were discharged, my nurse told us to take anything in the room and bathroom that was disposable - diapers, dry washcloths, maxi pads, etc... She said anything disposable that was opened would just be disposed of, so to take it with us.  

When DH went home one night I did have him bring back one of our Swaddle Me blankets; it was much easier for me to wrap DS up in that than in the receiving blankets.  

I just thought about bringing a swaddle me blanket to the hospital for LO last night. I better write it down before I forget again! I don't know how well I'll be at swaddling with a regular blanket!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"