High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

~~Bed Rest Mama's Friday Check In!~~

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added or removed, or if anything about your status has changed.

Congrats to Cindy453!!! Off of bed rest and enjoying her baby!!!!!

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

QOTD: So being high risk and on bed rest gives us lots to complain about!  But let's be positive today. What is something good about being HR or on BR???

Name: mrst1014 (Meagen)
EDD: Sept. 22, 2009 (God Willing)
Type of BR:  Strict, just get to go to the bathroom, shower ever other day, but I have to use a shower seat.
Since when: 8 weeks (2/13)
Reason: It started with a SCH. At 14 weeks I had massive bleeding and needed two blood transfusions. I also have partial placenta abruption.

Name: jennandjt (Jen)
EDD:  September 22nd
Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!
Since when: April 22.....19wk2day
Reason: during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                
Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: Lucky428
EDD:  10/13/09
Type of BR: Modified
Reason: small placental tear

Name:
Yellowb
EDD: 9/5/09
Type: Modified with one outing per week
Since: 5/26/09                                                                                
Reason: large fibroid on cervix, cervix continues to shorten. Possible use of steroid shots in the next few weeks if cervix continues to shorten

Name: Realisticdreams8
EDD:  11/9/2009
Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet
Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days
Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Name:  n&d+2
Due date:  August 28th
Since when: 6/10---28 weeks 5 days
Type of Bedrest: Modified, at home. resting most of the day
Reason:  twin pregnancy, shortening cervix, positive ffn test

Name: 2baclark (Shanika)
EDD: 11/10
Type of BR: Modified bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower and brush teeth
Since when:  5/19
Reason: Incompetent cervix.

Name:  mrsjrmiller (Arika)
Due date:  October 21
Since when:  22w 5d (June 22)
Type of Bedrest: Strict, can shower, use bathroom obviously go to my appointments...
Reason:  preeclampsia

Name: kadyra (Andrea)
EDD: September 13th
Type of Bedrest: Strict until 28 weeks, modified from 28 weeks until...
Since when: 25weeks 6days (June 6)
Reason: Placental abruption, IUGR, preterm contractions, and severe dyspnea of pregnancy (sometimes requiring 02)

Name:  Jen (Jen*Johnson*)
Due date:  October 29th
Since when:  20w (June 12)
Type of bedrest: Modified... I am allowed to do what's necessary to watch my 9 month old but I need to be laying most of the day still.
Reason:  Low Amniotic Fluid.

Name:  Francisca
EDD:   10-25-09
Type of BR: Hospitilized, bed pan and IV until either 32 wks or I stop contracting and re-efface a little
Since when: 07/7/09
Reason: pre term labor

Name: Sandra_05 (Sandy)
EDD: Sept 6th
Type of Bedrest: Modified ? allowed to shower, make quick meals and walk down stairs. Not supposed to be on my feet for longer than 15 minutes at a time. 
Since:  July 20th
Reason:  PIH and previous history of pre-e

Name: Jessica (JessandJeremy)
EDD:
10/4/09  
Since when: 7/18/09
Reason: PT Contractions

Name: Jessica-Kay
EDD:
9/20/09 
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom and shower)
Since when: 7/11/09 (29 weeks 6 days)
Reason: PT Contractions and positive Fetal Fibronectin test.

Name: lynnew
EDD: 8/28/09
Since when: 6/11/09
Reason: So many reasons, they are hard to list.  I was carrying twins and lost one at 20 weeks.  I have had a shortened cervix, contractions, a positive FfN test, abnormal Dopplers on blood flow, baby's heart rate dropped and is low,  now a drop off in growth or small growth.  I was in the hospital a bit but now and home and hoping she is going to be healthy healthy healthy!

Name:  sunandsand
EDD: by LMP its 9/14/09, will be induced 2 wks before that
Type of BR: Can shower, get up to pee, microwave a meal, drive myself to appts
Since when: July 22
Reason: PIH, swelling, h/a, RUQ pain, contractions

Name:  mefsta777
EDD: 1/4/10
Type of BR: Modified, no more than 30 minutes of sitting or standing, no leaving the house
Since when: 7/31/09
Reason: "threatened miscarriage" and placental abruption

Name:  megan (megsok11)
EDD: November 11, 2009
Type of BR: strict - only quick shower, bathroom, food, and doctor appt.  hope to get modified BR after 28wks, but i know i won't be able to go back to work.  Getting 17P injections from home health weekly until 36wks, and received betamethasone injections at 24wks.
Since when: July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  one episode of spotting, vag US showed cervical funneling.  no risk factors, first pregnancy, no spotting since that one time

Name: Carrie (cagreeran)
EDD: Sept. 11
Type of BR: Modified (can walk around the house a little, bathroom, shower, make quick meal, not allowed to go up and down stairs more then 3 times a day)
Since when: July 27 (33w4d)
Reason: Intense BH Contractions the night of July 27. Went to Hsp. next morning was put on the monitor was having more then 6 an hour. Two shots to relax my uterus and was sent home on bedrest.

Name: Angeline924
EDD: 11/28
Type of BR: strict bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower( 5 min every other day)
Since when:  7/30 22w3d
Reason:
 Incompetent cervix, I was dilated 2 cm w/ bulging bag at last appt, had an emergency cerclage

Name: Cindy (Timmylulu)
EDD: 10/16
Type of BR: wasn't specified but for the next week I can use the bathroom, shower, make lunch, go to dr. appointment and my baby shower this weekend
Since when:  8/7 (29w 6d)
Reason:
History of loss at 21 weeks, reason unknown, but I went into labor early and baby boy was too young to live. This pg I have been getting P17 shots weekly
starting at 16 wks and biweekly us starting at the same time. At my visit last week my cervix shortened from about 30-31 to 29 but when pressure was applied it went to 27 so dr. wants me off my feet

Name: Mandy (mandyunc2003)
EDD: 11/10 (more realistically, 10/13-10/27 since it's di-di b/g twins)
Type of BR: Strict!  Allowed to get up for restroom breaks and meals only.
Since when:  8/6 (26w 2d)
Reason:
Went from 3.7cm to 2.4cm within 3 weeks, and Baby A (girl) is only in the 9th percentile for weight (1 lb 11 oz).  Baby B is doing great and checked in at 2 lbs (45th percentile), so I'm ordered to eat every 3 hours and make it fattening :)   

Name: Erica (ericacathryn)
EDD: 1/29/2010
Type of BR: Modified, but this was explained as only getting up for meals and bathroom breaks.
Since when:  8/5
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma that keeps getting bigger. 

Name:Sarah
EDD: 9/29
Type:hospital with bathroom rights and one 30 min.
wheel chair ride a day
Since When: 8/5 @ 32 weeks
Reason: mild pre-e with previous late loss so they want me closely monitored.

Name: JustMeg8378 (Megan)
EDD:
10/22
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom/shower privleges
Since When:
7/31 at 28w1d
Reason:
Pre-Eclampsia

Name:  Sara (Fusonies)
EDD: November 9, 2009 (?Oct 9th due to twins)
Type of BR: Bathroom and showers only.
Since when:
July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  Hospitalized at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix and had a rescue cerclage.  Rec'd steroids at 24 weeks.  Weekly progesterone injections and doc visits.  U/s every 2 weeks.  Expecting twins after 4 yrs of trying and 2 IVF cycles.

Name:  MrsDeLaVara
EDD: 11/06/09
Type of BR: Strict - Hospital until delivery.. can get up to pee and that's about it.
Since when: 08/10/09
Reason: Water broke on 08/10 at 27w3d.

Name:  retroeva (Eva)
EDD: 18 Oct 09
Type of BR: Modified Couch Potato ;)
Since when: 17 Aug 09
Reason: GD, dizzy spells, and pre-term contractons

Name:   mhenry (Marisa)
EDD: C-Section scheduled Dec 16, 2009
Type of BR: Bedrest while still taking care of my 2 yr old w/ help (for now)
Since when: August 10, 2009 (21 weeks)
Reason: High Blood Pressure. The doctor is being pro-active due to me having my son Cameron at 29 weeks from Pre E.

Name:  Jenn (JennRN65)
EDD:
  10/31/09 (undecided whether scheduled induction or C/S at 38 weeks)
Type of BR:
  Modified, bathroom and shower priviledges, can cook for myself, dr.'s appts, and pre-natal classes/baby shower as long as I sit
Since When:
  8/14/09 (28w, 6d), though on 8/7 my work hours were cut in half and I was told to do nothing at home
Reason: 
Contractions, Dizzy spells when upright, GD, 2 clotting disorders, and history of Pre E, PTL, 3 abruptions (one of which was a full term still born), and 3 m/c.

Name: Hipstrix (Chrissy)
EDD: October 9, 2009 but c/s scheduled for October 2nd
Type of BR:  Modified.  I had to stop working and now I'm basically supposed to listen to my body and "take it easy" which, right now, means bed/couch punctuated by 10 minutes up to do things around the house here and there.
Since when: 8/21
Reason: Irritable Uterus and daily, strong and regular contractions which seem to be brought on by activity.

Name: Meg1031 (Megan)
EDD: October 31st, 2009
Type of BR:  Between modified to semi strict- I spend most of the day reclined in my recliner, lie down in bed once or twice a day for a bit, can go potty, shower daily (although that takes a lot out of me so I only do it every other day), and avoid going downstairs for anything.
Since when: 28 wks 4 days-Spent 5 1/2 days in hospital first
Reason: I went to local hospital with a "gut feeling" and a few more contractions than I had been having along with an aching like cramps and rectal pressure.  I had contractions every 4 minutes and a positive FFn with cervical shortening and funneling with some dilation.  Got transported to "mothership" hospital an hour away.  They switched the Mag to Nifedipine which I am tolerating "ok"- but still get really dizzy and weak a few times a day though BP is great- and the hot flashes are intense.  Got the betamethasone.

Name: MaggieB79 (Maggie)
EDD: October 30th
Type: STRICT
Since: 8/19
Reason: Pre-eclampsia.  Went from doing just fine to severe swelling, rapid weight gain, headache and high BP in 2 short days.  2 days of modified bed rest turned into strict bed rest indefinitely...

Name: FutureMrsPrestwood (Heather)
EDD:
October 10th (although dr. is saying now she won't let us go past 37 weeks so now its looking like we will have a September baby!)
Type:
Modified: no going out except for weekly hospital visits for NST and blood work and then another weekly visit with my OB. I'm allowed to "piddle" around the house (dr's words, not mine!) but am basically staying on the couch, off my feet 90% of my day.
Since:
8/17
Reason:
Elevated BP now has me diagnosed with gestational pre-hypertension. So far we are maintaing at an elevated (but not normal) BP with the hopes that it will not go up and we won't have to have strict bed rest or be admitted to the hospital.

Name: curlyworms (Kendra)
EDD:
Oct 16
Type: hospital since Aug 5, as long as no bleeding I keep bathroom and shower access, can take 30 min spin in wheelchair each day. I might (crossing fingers) get to go home in a couple of days as long as no bleeding, it has been about 1 week since. I dont want to get my hopes too high just in case.
Since: Aug 5
Reason: I have had PIH and marginal previa but to my surprise those werent the biggest issues I would face. Had a placental abrubtion 3 weeks ago and have been given 4 units of blood since then. Dr is hoping to make it at least 34 weeks but preferably 36. Its all up in the air right now, had I been further along a week ago last Friday they would have delivered that day because of so much blood loss but thankfully they were able to get it under control so baby Jackson has had 3 more weeks in mommies tummy.

Name: Manders127 (Amanda)
EDD:
October 18th (definitely won't make it that far, tentative c/s scheduled for 39 weeks due to breech and GD, hoping to make it til then!)
Type:
Hospital, but possibly going home tomorrow depending on US results, then will be modified at home.
Since:
8/21
Reason:
Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid).  Baby is tolerating it well though.. hoping to make it to full term

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
Since when: 7/28/09
Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)
EDD
Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)
Type of bed rest 
Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.
Since when
7/7/09

Re: ~~Bed Rest Mama's Friday Check In!~~

• Options

No updates. BP had been up a bit but it is more normal now!

QOTD: So being high risk and on bed rest gives us lots to complain about!  But let's be positive today. What is something good about being HR or on BR???

The best thing is that so far I have not had a baby. I have surpassed my last pregnancy and even the dr. expectations at this point, and I hope to keep on going. I want to avoid the NICU and take my baby girl home with me. Other good things are, I do not have long time periods between dr. visits to wonder and worry, I am so closely monitored and I get to see my little gal all the time. I also have been checked over so much that I feel confident that if my body can hold out for her, she will be just perfect. Lastly, BR has reminded me that I have a wonderful husband. I did know this before but he is such a trooper as a hubby and as a daddy to our DS. I cannot wait till this is behind us and our fam is complete and mobile!

• Options

No updates for me today.  No appt. till next week.  C/S tour today that I'm looking forward to.

I agree, the best part is that Bella is still where she belongs, in my belly. Next week I'll be where I was at my last delivery.  I have high hopes that I'll at least make it that far.  Another thing I've been enjoying is seeing my family more.  I work nights so on bedrest I've switched around and have been sleeping at night and up during the day like a normal person.  Because of this, it makes it easier to schedule appointments and I don't feel as exhausted all the time like I do usually (even when I'm not pregnant lol).

I'm off to make some breakfast before DH gets off duty.  If I learn anything new at my class today I'll post it later today Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Update:  my proteins are holding steady....Sunday will be another 24 hour collection.  My BP is still looking good!  I have made it further than the Dr.s told me I would make it - feels good!

QOTD:  BR has made me appreciate my friends and family so much!  My DH and I have grown stronger - even though it's been difficult adjusting I am thankful for this time we can spend just the two of us - even if we can't really go anywhere or do anything. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Update: well, i failed my 3hr test, so i'm officially a gestational diabetic.  i see the dietician today and will start checking my sugars.  just one more thing to keep track of! 

QOTD: I'd say that bedrest has brought my husband and I closer and I have realized how much I appreciate and love him.  We have wanted to start a family for such a long time, and now that the time has come, bedrest has just reiterated to us how much we really want this baby!  It has also helped me to realize how strong I am.....between cervical funneling, weekly US, weekly injections, hospital visits, shingles, missing work, PAPERWORK, and now GD....I'm proud that i've handled it all as well as I have.  It helps to have the motivation from my LO cooking in there :)

• Options

I am not on the roll call yet:) 

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
    EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
    Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
    Since when: 7/28/09
    Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

The upside of bedrest is that I have been able to catch up all my scrapbooking (digital)!  I just use my laptop and some great websites and have been able to accomplish alot!  It has been so great to catch up!  I am almost done though and that depresses me because I need more projects to keep me busy!  I am also very thankful that my baby is still baking! 

• Options

I also need to be added.

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)

EDD Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)

Type of bed rest  Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.

Since when 7/7/09

• Options

Welcome to all the new bed rest mama's!

QOTD: Its made me truly not sweat all the small stuff. While I appreciate a clean house and a delicious dinner, its okay to have socks in the floor and soup and sandwiches 2+ nights in a row. My husband has been super helpful and is always considerate of my needs and makes a point to check in on me often. I've also learned the very hard lesson of not borrowing trouble. If I freak out about what could happen in the near future I won't enjoy being a pregnant woman today. If something happens I can worry about it then, but there is no need to waste my time and energy on that now.

Oh yeah! I've also become a recipe hound! Its a new challenge to find dinners and desserts that honor both bed rest restrictions and GD diet. Big Smile

• Options

Welcome to the new members of our crappy club!  Hope all the bed rest mama's have a great weekend! 

I think next week we can share nursery pics of you guys have them... so maybe see if DH can take some this weekend if you do not have any!!

• Options

Sorry I'm late with my post today ladies, but I have been in bed.  Well, I went to the hospital yesterday for my usual monitoring, 24 hour urine check and labs.  BP was actually good the whole time but my urine protein has doubled since last week.  I go back again on Sunday to do it all again and if it's over 600 then I may have to deliver.  I"m scared to death right now to tell you the truth.  Trying to sleep as much as possible and not think about any of it so i don't get upset.

QOTD:  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.  He's a firefighter so he works 24 hours shifts at a very busy station, then comes home and takes care of me and our 5 y/o daughter.  He's exhausted I know but never complains or even slows down.  He's my rock right now!  Also, our amazing friends have been super helpful by picking up our DD while he's at the fire station so that I can rest and bringing us dinners.  I am also thankful that I live only 20 minutes away from one of the top 3 children's hospitals on the East Coast and they truly work miracles there.  Every day that I am still pregnant is a blessing right now. exactly 3 weeks to our goal date!

• Options

Late check in today...  

UPDATE:  Had appt today- I am now 2 cm dilated at least- she didn't want to se if I would stretch further but I might.  I have been very uncomfortable- lots of pubic bone pain, baby seems to have dropped (which is why she checked me because of all the pressure), developed a nice hemmie, and am trying really hard not get hubby's cold.  I did ask if I could drive to appts that are in town- not my peri appts an hour away- and that is ok if I get a volunteer to drive wheelchair up to office.  Also- unless things change- I can go for about 30 minutes to my DDs pre-school orientation nearby. 

We discussed plans should my water break, etc- i was ok with all, but a little scared.  Tomorrow I am 31 wks, and i delivered DD at 34.  I have so much to get done, and I can't do it...

QOTD: 

I have gotten closer throught this PG with my inlaws.  They have always been great, but are being a great help to us with meals and housekeeping.  Since I have done this before- I really knew what we would need and was able to enlist help.  I kind of had to get over my inability to ask fo rhelp and actually give people a list of what we need and let them fight over it.  So far it has worked.  

My hubby, too, has been more accepting of help.  He will never ask for help, and hated last time when my GF came to clean my house onenight.  He freaked.  This time he is way mellower about it.  I think the fact that he is so damn busy helps that, too.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"