Babies on the Brain
Options

Ovulation = Extremely hungry?

Does anyone else experience this? For about 4 days around ovulation, I get so hungry. I can't eat enough food, which is causing my diet/weightloss to suffer greatly. DH is very worried about it since I usually eat well under 1500 calories/day and during ovulation I can easily put away 3000+ without even flinching. He's worried about my health, I say it's just ovulation and it will stop in a couple of days. I don't know if it's normal or not. Other not so fun symptoms are spotting, bad cramping, headaches, & dizziness. Add all of that to hunger and I'm a real pain to be around. Maybe this is nature's form of birth control. Just making me a royal b*tch during my "prime time"??

Re: Ovulation = Extremely hungry?

• Options
    Hmm, not me. I usually get like that after O and before AF. A week before AF i'm exactly like you describe.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get this around ovulation, during my LP, PMS, and my period. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always got terrible headaches when I ovulated, but none of your other symptoms.  I'm sure the big O hormones just affect everyone differently.  I'm sorry you have to feel all crazy and hungry though!!
    image EBFing, CDing, Baby Wearing, Bed sharing, SAHM and loving every single minute of it! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Sushi Sister to Chatham2007
  • Options

imageprincess101:
    Hmm, not me. I usually get like that after O and before AF. A week before AF i'm exactly like you describe.

Me too. I am not usually very hungry at all around  O.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Sadly, I can't tell you. Give me another month and if the Clomid works, I'll let you know. Sad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Your DH is worried about your health because you eat a bit more for a few days a month?  Indifferent
  • Options

imageMrsErinnElizabeth:
    Your DH is worried about your health because you eat a bit more for a few days a month?? Indifferent

Well, my overall health. He's very weird about food and eating. So anything out of the ordinary he immeditately jumps to the doomsday conclusion. It concerns him on days when I eat close to 1500 cals. He thinks average is around 900 cals. Of course, he will go most days and only eat a steak and a few berries, so he's not really aware of how most people eat.

• Options

imageMrsErinnElizabeth:
    Your DH is worried about your health because you eat a bit more for a few days a month?  Indifferent

ditto this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageGin*In*TN:

imageMrsErinnElizabeth:

Well, my overall health. He's very weird about food and eating. So anything out of the ordinary he immeditately jumps to the doomsday conclusion. It concerns him on days when I eat close to 1500 cals. He thinks average is around 900 cals. Of course, he will go most days and only eat a steak and a few berries, so he's not really aware of how most people eat.

erm...he's going to freak the hell out when you start the cravings and pregnancy feedings huh? Wow. No offense but God forbid you ever have a weight issue.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hope you're exagerating about the 900 calories in a day.  That is really unhealthy.  You burn that just by being alive.  Would he be content if you talked to a doctor about the number of calories you should take in on a given day.  (You might recommend the same for him too.) 

• Options
    imagebuckin:

erm...he's going to freak the hell out when you start the cravings and pregnancy feedings huh? Wow. No offense but God forbid you ever have a weight issue.

?We've got an 8 month old, so he's already been through the pregnancy cravings and such. But yeah, he's really weird about food in general (no grains, no sugar, no HFCS, no starches, no dairy, 95%+ organic/natural, no breads, etc). Most of the time I just ignore it though.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"