3rd Trimester
Options

Help me poop! TMI

I was lucky to avoid constipation until this week...but it is miserable!  My stomach looks even bigger & people at work keep telling me how huge I look...If they only knew it's in part to me not going for over 4 days!  It's making me grumpy!...Any suggestions?  I've been drinking water, eating fruit & oatmeal, walking & I even started taking the darn DHA fish pills again because they did the trick before. HELPPPPPPPP! LOL!!!Stick out tongue
Photobucket Sydney Elise 5/9/09 Kate Reese 8/2/11

Re: Help me poop! TMI

• Options
    Talk to your doctor about taking a laxative.  There is no reason you should be suffering this long!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    a cup of coffee... reg or decaf always works for me. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    half a cup of coffee always does it for me, and fast.
  • Options
    Try some stool softener and do not pay attention to people's comments. GL. I am trying to go all day, too. LOL
  • Options
    I had major constipation issues earlier in my pregnancy and started taking Colace twice daily until I got back on a regular schedule. I cut back to once a day a couple of months ago and haven't had any problems since; I'm feeling MUCH better. You can get colace over the counter, but of course you probably want to check with your OB before you take it. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    200 mg of magnesium should do the trick. Once a day. GL!
  • Options

I had the same problem... 1 green apple with skin and 1 fiber one bar per day.  Then every other day I take 1 colace.  Works great!

BFP#1: 9.16.08 DD: 5.28.09
    BFP#2: 7.10.11 MMC: 8.3.11 D&C: 8.29.11
    BFP#3: 12.5.11 MC: 12.22.11
    BFP#4: 2.14.12 MMC: 3.8.12 D&C: 3.13.12 Loss due to Trisomy 16
    BFP#5: 6.11.12 MC: 6.28.12 Loss due to Triploidy
    RPL BW, Sonohystogram, Chromosome testing on DH and myself = everything is normal
    BFP#6: 12.4.12 EDD: 8.16.13
    Things I did different with this pregnancy:
    1. Waited TTC until after I had 3 normal menstrual cycles.
    2. Got a new OB - amazing man who listened!
    3. 200 mg progesterone until 12 weeks
    4. Daily lovenox injections
  • Options
    Keep drinking as much water as you can... Maybe even try some juice... I would definantly talk to the doc though, because that doesn't sound very lovely...
  • Options
    I always heard a cuppa coffee and some greazy pizza does the trick ;)
  • Options
    I have been guzzling juice throughout my pregnancy, cranberry, orange, pear and have only had a problem 1 time when I was traveling GL!
  • Options

My doctor has me taking Colace daily as of last week, but when I saw her this week I told her I still hadn't gone #2 and she told me it was fine to take a laxative once in a while to get things going now that I'm in the 3rd trimester.  She said Mira Lax was a good one and it worked!!  I feel great today and my smelly gas is gone.

BUT, check with your doctor before taking anything.

Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Options

Colace

Increase your magnesium

Glycerin Suppositories when really needed

• Options
    My sister in law is a doula and recommended Mama Calm to me when I had this problem.  It is a flavored magnesium powder that you add to hot water to work like a tea.  It is the best stuff ever!  I have had zero problems since taking this.  But you have to remember to drink a cup every night - no more worries.  It's also good to use for after the baby is born.  Google it.
  • Options

I drink a cup of coffee and that help get things moving. I am also big on the Fiber One bars, one a day. But you proabably need Colace to get things moving, to get regular again. I can't imagine how you feel I've felt uneasy after just one day of not being regular and my stomach got harder and harder then the day before I thought I was going to pop, literally. Hope something help you soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"