3rd Trimester
Options

Does this happen to anyone else?

I tell my doctor about this and he thinks it's not pregnancy related but it's a panic attach. But, I've never had anything like this happen before being pregnant. I bet I?m not alone and some of you girls have this too... This is what happens...I'm in traffic in my car in the morning, or on the bus and my heart starts to race and my breathing feels restricted, then I get light headed and dizzy like I'm going to faint, then I vomit.  Do you girls ever have this happen to you?

Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

• Options
    That's never happened to me while pregnant. I used to have bad anxiety and would get panic attacks, that sounds like a panic attack.
  • Options

Yes! The same thing happens every morning, usually in the car as well!

I used to get anxiety attacks, but this feels a little different. I'm wondering if it has something to do with low blood sugar or dehydration after not drinking anything all night.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had that happen, but without the vomiting.  I usually get a large glass of water to drink, lay down on my left side, and focus on breathing calmly.  Within 20 minutes, the feeling subsides.  It seems like this happens to you when you're not able to lie down.  My MD said it is not unusual for pregnant women to experience rapid heart rate (greater than 100 beats per minute) due to extra volume of blood you're producing.  As long as your heart rate doesn't exceed 120 beats per minute and it subsides after about 20-30 minutes, she said it's ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"