Stay at Home Moms
Options

Bored? Anyone want to throw their name choices out to be judged?

Re: Bored? Anyone want to throw their name choices out to be judged?

• Options
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageCnAmom:
    Hizzo- I like both of those!

DS1 is Conner Joseph (I got the name, H got the spelling). DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.

I've always liked Conner. I have no real opinion about Andrew. I think it's a nice name, but I grew up with so many Andrews that I'm sort of immune to it. 

I was just thinking about how many Andrews I know. I like both names. 

• Options
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageHollylb3:
    imageCnAmom:
    Hizzo I like both of those! DS1 is Conner Joseph I got the name, H got the spelling. DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.

Very classic names. I would assume you're traditional.

DS is Tucker David.

I'm not that traditional but the MN is my dad's name, and DH and I couldn't agree on anything else. :]

I like Tucker, I've always liked the way it rolls off your tongue. There is the obvious trouble with what it rhymes with, but beyond that, I think it's good. 

That's why everyone tried to talk us out of it. Heck, I do it myself sometimes, lol. But we mostly call him Tuck.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekayla&joe:
    Finn is not my style but I like it and think it goes well. Clayton is obviously a fantastic name! Mine are: Clayton Eugene Chance Joseph Cutter Anthony We did not plan on all C names but once we had two we loved we figured why not one more.

Well, of course, Clayton is wonderful! I love Chance but nixed it when it became popular. Cutter is NMS, but I like the hard T's in it. 

• Options
    imageMermaids&Magic:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageHollylb3:
    imageCnAmom:
    Hizzo I like both of those! DS1 is Conner Joseph I got the name, H got the spelling. DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.

Very classic names. I would assume you're traditional.

DS is Tucker David.

I'm not that traditional but the MN is my dad's name, and DH and I couldn't agree on anything else. :]

I like Tucker, I've always liked the way it rolls off your tongue. There is the obvious trouble with what it rhymes with, but beyond that, I think it's good. 

I think Tucker is a good Southern boy name. Works since you're in KY.  

Exactly. DH tried to talk me into Wyatt. I said no way because he would call him white. Then he tried to talk me into Huck. Umm, maybe for our first dog.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Options
    imageHollylb3:
    imageMermaids&Magic:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageHollylb3:
    imageCnAmom:
    Very classic names. I would assume you're traditional. DS is Tucker David. I'm not that traditional but the MN is my dad's name, and DH and I couldn't agree on anything else. :]

I think Tucker is a good Southern boy name. Works since you're in KY.  

Exactly. DH tried to talk me into Wyatt. I said no way because he would call him white. Then he tried to talk me into Huck. Umm, maybe for our first dog.

Finn has a few uncles who call him "Huck." I don't mind it for a pet name, wouldn't have put it on the birth certificate. 

• Options
    imageKateMW:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageKateMW:

It's stressing me out to see her name spelled "wrong" LOL 

Lillie is the very old fashioned way to spell it, popular in the 1900s. People used to ask me if it was a youneek spelling. Almost had to choke them. 

I don't doubt you, but I'd have spelled it like the flower. Not because it's better, just because that's how I think of it. 

I get it, but she's named after somebody. Couldn't {and wouldn't have, since I hate flower names. LOL} have changed it. I don't believe in the whole "honoring somebody with a name really close" LOL But I totally get why people spell it that way. 

Absolutely, your Lillie needed to be a Lillie. My phantom Lily would have been a Lily. That's all I'm saying. Smile

• Options
    imageLoriLee14:

imagerockyrollgirl:
    Cadence Elizabeth. Future kids...Michael Patrick for a boy. Not sure for a girl. I like all the names here, not being a kiss ss, I really do.

I like Cadence. Are you musical? And I like Patrick

To be honest, I fell in love with the name since watching the movie Shallow Hal.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Clearly since I love the names Lydia, Amelia and Eleanor I will be having a boy with baby 2... 
  • Options
    imageCnAmom:
    imageKateMW:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:

imageCnAmom:
    Hizzo- I like both of those!

DS1 is Conner Joseph (I got the name, H got the spelling). DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.

I've always liked Conner. I have no real opinion about Andrew. I think it's a nice name, but I grew up with so many Andrews that I'm sort of immune to it. 

I was just thinking about how many Andrews I know. I like both names. 

The funny thing is that we have met several other Connor/Conners but have yet to encounter another Andrew.

I got the same speech when we named him Matthew. That there were too many matthew/matt's out there but I have yet to meet another one in his peer group.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecjcouple:
    imageKateMW:

imagecjcouple:
    Awww. So many nice names. Brayden Shawn and Lucas Michael Ftr I really dislike Shawn but its a family name on dh side and since it was middle name I said fine. Ha Michael is after my dad and l love it.

I'm not a Brayden, Jayden, Aiden fan, but I like the rest of them. I love Lucas Michael. 

Yes, I wish I could have seen that whole Brayden, aiden, caedan, jayden thing coming. Lol It did not seem that common in 06 when I picked it. I didn't know a single person that was similar. Now....boom. I think the name suits him of course but if I could go back I would have gone with William or Benjamin.

The -aiden names don't bother me as a whole but I do see how trendy they are.

I like Brandon

• Options
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageKateMW:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageKateMW:

Lillie is the very old fashioned way to spell it, popular in the 1900s. People used to ask me if it was a youneek spelling. Almost had to choke them. 

I don't doubt you, but I'd have spelled it like the flower. Not because it's better, just because that's how I think of it. 

I get it, but she's named after somebody. Couldn't {and wouldn't have, since I hate flower names. LOL} have changed it. I don't believe in the whole "honoring somebody with a name really close" LOL But I totally get why people spell it that way. 

Absolutely, your Lillie needed to be a Lillie. My phantom Lily would have been a Lily. That's all I'm saying. Smile

LOL Oh! I thought you meant change it to Lily. I've been seeing that a lot on my BMB and on the BNB...people picking a name that sounds like or starts with the same letter, as a way to honor somebody. I was confused! 

• Options
    imagecjcouple:
    imageKateMW:

imagecjcouple:
    Awww. So many nice names. Brayden Shawn and Lucas Michael Ftr I really dislike Shawn but its a family name on dh side and since it was middle name I said fine. Ha Michael is after my dad and l love it.

I'm not a Brayden, Jayden, Aiden fan, but I like the rest of them. I love Lucas Michael. 

Yes, I wish I could have seen that whole Brayden, aiden, caedan, jayden thing coming. Lol It did not seem that common in 06 when I picked it. I didn't know a single person that was similar. Now....boom. I think the name suits him of course but if I could go back I would have gone with William or Benjamin.

And I love William AND Benjamin. 

• Options
    imageMermaids&Magic:
    imagerockyrollgirl:
    imageLoriLee14:

imagerockyrollgirl:
    Cadence Elizabeth. Future kids...Michael Patrick for a boy. Not sure for a girl. I like all the names here, not being a kiss ss, I really do.

I like Cadence. Are you musical? And I like Patrick

To be honest, I fell in love with the name since watching the movie Shallow Hal.

I got Cadence from a song. 

Really? What song?

• Options

Are we great namers or what? So far none of the names are, well, bad or weird. They are all good names. I have trouble because I associate some of the names with people I know. For example, I went to high school with a male-slut named Andrew, so that is what I think of there and I know a little boy Finn who has more energy than the sun. I love Lydia and Leilani for girl names. 

Here are my names: Kaylie Noelle (we caught the end of the trend, but both liked it and she is a Christmas baby, hence the middle name)

Alaina Rose

Annalise Sara (she goes by Lise (pronounced Lease-E) or her full name) Both her grandmas have Ann in their name. That was just a bonus.

Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • Options
    imageKateMW:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageKateMW:
    imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageKateMW:

LOL Oh! I thought you meant change it to Lily. I've been seeing that a lot on my BMB and on the BNB...people picking a name that sounds like or starts with the same letter, as a way to honor somebody. I was confused! 

No, no, no, that bugs the living crap out of me. If you're naming a kid for someone, name them for that person. My grandma was Elaine, which is also my middle name, and I might have passed it on to a daughter if I'd had one. Someone suggested I do "Elena" instead because it's prettier and I was like, um, no, there are no "Elenas" in my family. "Elayne" wouldn't have worked, either.

• Options
    Oh yeah! I heard that song before, I can't believe I forgot about it

• Options
    imageJoyce+Mike:

Are we great namers or what? So far none of the names are, well, bad or weird. They are all good names. I have trouble because I associate some of the names with people I know. For example, I went to high school with a male-slut named Andrew, so that is what I think of there and I know a little boy Finn who has more energy than the sun. I love Lydia and Leilani for girl names. 

Here are my names: Kaylie Noelle (we caught the end of the trend, but both liked it and she is a Christmas baby, hence the middle name)

Alaina Rose

Annalise Sara (she goes by Lise (pronounced Lease-E) or her full name) Both her grandmas have Ann in their name. That was just a bonus.

Alaina is about to be my niece's name. and I like it (Sophia will be her middle name. Not my style and too popular right now but it is a family name so I get it)

• Options
    imageJoyce+Mike:

Alaina Rose

Alaina is about to be my niece's name. and I like it (Sophia will be her middle name. Not my style and too popular right now but it is a family name so I get it)

• Options
    imageJoyce+Mike:

Alaina Rose

• Options

DD is Noelle Harmony - We thought her first name went extremely well with our last name.  She is not named after anyone in our family.  We literally were looking at baby name lists and wrote our favorites.  I was really liking Madeline for awhile but Noelle stuck with me and DH was shocked when I said I liked it best because he did to.  

I had the hardest time thinking of a middle name to go with it.  I thought about using my mom's middle name -Renee-.  DH mentioned the word Harmony because I love music and play instruments.  

If we have a boy next I have no idea what we will name him. 

• Options

I will play! Hudson James and Harper Joy. If we hadn't lost our third, I liked Hazel Jayne (grandmothers name), Hadley Jayne, Hadley Elisabeth, Hayes (not sure of a mn) and Harrison (calling him Harris). 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options

Olivia Kate. I love the name Finn, it was on my girls name list. Love the character from how to make an American quilt named Finn. I also do like it for a boy.

another girls name I love is Carson. I must love boyish names for girls lol! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jlee03Jlee03 member

My DD's name is Gabriella, her mn is Suk Yin which is Chinese and can be translated as graceful beauty. My DH is Cantonese and his family chose her middle name.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLalaMama81:

Have an Eleanor Mae & a Violet Frances. 

Potential names girl: Caroline, Elizabeth or Cecelia, boy: Holden William

Love Lillie and Finn. Clayton is NMS but perfectly fine. I'm partial to Leah b/c it's my name, :). Matthew is a total classic. I can't do Jayden - too trendy w/ the Y for me.  

I love Violet.  And Holden William is one of my all time favorite names.

I'll play!

DS1: Landon Ryker

DS2: Finn Xavier 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
    You fill me!!! Z! My BFP Chart
  • Options

I honestly like all the names mentioned. However, I'm not one to really judge names unless they're really out there.. like Rainbow or Bear.

DD1: Esbeidy Xochitl - fell in love with the name when I was single, mn is Aztec (FIL's family is of Aztec origins, DH's grandma speaks one of the dialects which is pretty neat to hear)

DS1: Ricardo Jr (Ricky) - named after DH

DD2: Giuliana Xiomara - loved the name Giuliana, mn is Aztec

DD2: Aaron Natael - only boy name I liked after going through tons, mn is the name my dad had picked out as his boy name but never got to use since he has 3 girls  :)

Newbie: ??  No clue, and I only have about 5 weeks left to pick out one of each since LO decided to be team green  :/ 

We try to do names that sound good in English and Spanish, since our families are hispanic and the older generations aren't fluent in or can't speak English. I'm sure my kids' names sound pretty out there to some.

• Options

I'm not a big fan of flower names, but Lillie I can get behind since it's not Lily.

Warren Ferris is too many double Rs for me.

I'm indifferent to most of the other names.

DS is Baron Howard (Howard is DH's late grandfather)

Our girl pick is Adeline Everly (not family names)

If we have another boy I'd like to use Alastair or Marston (this was my first pick but DH liked Baron better). I like Tad but not Thaddeus and I don't like giving a nick name as a proper first name. I can guarantee my parents will hate either choice. They hated DS's name and made no bones about telling me repeatedly.

• Options

Joining the party a little late, There are some great names out there.

Twins names are Celia Jane and James Alexander - My niece and nephew staying with us are Hannah Lea  and  Jack ( John) Patrick 

Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Options

DS's name is Sullivan Truett. We call him Sully 90% of the time. I love it and got it from Monster's Inc, not gonna lie. He's having a great time with all the Monster's Inc stuff out right now;) Truett is a family name.

We are having the worst time picking out a girls name this time around. I want something I love as much as Sullivan, but nothing is sticking. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageLoriLee14:

my best friend just named her daughter Cloe. I tried to tell them to keep the "H" in (Chloe) but I guess my vote didn't weigh much in that conversation.

People are going to pronounce her name "clow" (rhyming with blow). Ugh.

I really dislike unusual spellings. Conner would bug me; I would have gone with Connor.

I named DS Eric William. The spelling Erik would have been more appropriate for honoring my Scandinavian heritage, but in this country the "c" variant is more common so I went with the one I felt like people would default to. I didn't want DS to spend his life correcting people on how to spell his name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagewishtonight:
    DD1: Esbeidy Xochitl fell in love with the name when I was single, mn is Aztec FIL's family is of Aztec origins, DH's grandma speaks one of the dialects which is pretty neat to hearDS1: Ricardo Jr Ricky named after DHDD2: Giuliana Xiomara loved the name Giuliana, mn is AztecDD2: Aaron Natael only boy name I liked after going through tons, mn is the name my dad had picked out as his boy name but never got to use since he has 3 girls nbsp;:

My first thought was that Aaron seems a little out of place with the others.

Mine are Matthew Michael and Alexanda Renee, goes by Lexie. DS's names came from both sides of our family. DD's name was a compromise...her first was the only one I picked that DH could stand, and her middle was the only one of his I could stand.

• Options

Aw, I was hoping to see some "uneek" names, but all your children have lovely, normal names.  I've seen some doozies as a teacher! :) 

Mermaids - Wilhelmina  Aria is not my style for sure.  I'm not even 100% sure how to say it and no one would ever spell it correctly, in my opinion.

We have pretty common names - Nathan Lucas ( MN after DH) and Caleb Alexander (MN after a family friend)

If we have a 3rd (which we won't!), baby would be an Andrew or Nora

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    id012id012 member
    I love the names finn and harper that have been mentioned.

Ds is Anthony. We call him tony. Hes the 3rd. But i like the name even if it wasnt a family name.
    Im not sure what we would do for another boy maybe George
    And for a girl maybe Scarlett
  • Options

imageSunnyDays26:
    DS is Matthew William. DH's middle name is William. If we have a girl we want to use Ava Grace or Ava LeighAnn. Not sure which spelling of LeighAnn is the most correct. "Lee" or "Leigh" with an "e" on the end or no "e."

I think Ava Grace flows better. I think of "Lee" as a masculine spelling and "Leigh" as a feminine one, but I don't know if that's correct. Our son is a "Lee," but it's a family name on DH's side and that's how they spell it. 

• Options
    kmc217kmc217 member

I am very late to this game... not sure if anyone is still playing.

My girls are Lila Jean and Elena Marie. DS is Logan Don.

(Middle names are all in honor of family-- Jean was MN of my SIL who passed away when I was pregnant with DD1, Marie was my grandmother's MN and my other SIL's MN, Don is after my dad who was Donald but HATED being call that, I don't love the name Don or Donald but it was non negotiable not naming DS for my dad who was my best friend and passed away 18 months ago.)  

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Options
    imagetrizzie:

I will play! Hudson James and Harper Joy. If we hadn't lost our third, I liked Hazel Jayne (grandmothers name), Hadley Jayne, Hadley Elisabeth, Hayes (not sure of a mn) and Harrison (calling him Harris). 

I went to school with a Harris and always thought that was a cool name. I prefer Hazel to Hadley. 

Love the H names.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    imagekmc217:

I am very late to this game... not sure if anyone is still playing.

My girls are Lila Jean and Elena Marie. DS is Logan Don.

(Middle names are all in honor of family-- Jean was MN of my SIL who passed away when I was pregnant with DD1, Marie was my grandmother's MN and my other SIL's MN, Don is after my dad who was Donald but HATED being call that, I don't love the name Don or Donald but it was non negotiable not naming DS for my dad who was my best friend and passed away 18 months ago.)  

Welcome to the world baby Logan! While I usually don't like Donald/Don, I like it paired with Logan. I think it sounds great, especially with the background story.

I feel like all three of your kids names 'go' well together.  

• Options
    imageNotwifezilla7:
    imagetrizzie:

I went to school with a Harris and always thought that was a cool name. I prefer Hazel to Hadley. 

Love the H names.  

I love Hudson and Harper. I'm not a huge fan of all the same letter sibsets, but those are really cute. Love Harris/Harrison and Hayes. I am not a huge fan of Hadley, though I do love the one we already have here! Wink
  • Options

imageSunnyDays26:
    DS is Matthew William. DH's middle name is William. If we have a girl we want to use Ava Grace or Ava LeighAnn. Not sure which spelling of LeighAnn is the most correct. "Lee" or "Leigh" with an "e" on the end or no "e."

My .02 - either Ava Grace or Ava Leigh - skip the Leighann, Leeann, or any other variation.

Matthew William is very classic and will age well IMHO.  

• Options

Three M girls:
    Moira Ann (we pronounce it Moy- Rah) NN Mo 
    We found the name in a baby book and fell in love! Ann is my middle name. 

Maeve Kathleen  
    With having Moira first, we figured we needed a different kind of name for DD2, and I had had a student named Maeve who was the cutest and friendliest little thing. Kathleen is in honor of my friend who passed away not too soon after we discovered I was PG, though my MIL thinks its for her. (She's Kathleen too). 

Margo Elizabeth
    After having two M girls, we kind of felt we had to go w/an M name for girl three. We were toying with Molly (too many dogs with that name), Maren/Marin (too close to Moira) and then Margo. My late FIL was Earl, with the nickname Earl the Pearl. We were contemplating using Pearl as a MN but then found out Margo means pearl in french and bam- our choice was made. Elizabeth is because I've always loved the name and think it flows lovely.

Our boys choice was always
    Owen Joseph
    I still big fluffly heart love Owen, even if it's popular! Joseph for my dad and my late FIL's MN.
    And yes, we might have even occasionally done OJ or even *gasp* Juice as a pet name! 

• Options
    imageMermaids&Magic:
    imageHav=Fath:

I think it would be so sad if you named one girl Ella and the other ones Wilhelmina or Cordelia... just so unfair. 

Her full name is Eleanor. Does that make it more fair? 

I think Eleanor & Cordelia are adorable together as sisters! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"