Parenting
Options

Baby father drama

13»

Re: Baby father drama

• Options
    imagerjeller32:
    Well, if GF is around her LO, then she is entail a part of the co-parenting, whether it's stated or not. LO watches her behavior, and spends time with her while he is with the BD. So, although she may not be an authoritative figure, she is in the jumble. But, really, I was more referring to OP and her ex as the co-parents. If OP has an issue with it, she needs to face it directly, as part of her duties in co-parenting.

Knowing literally nothing more than what OP has said, I was just giving my opinion. When my DD is scared or just wants snuggles, I let her in our bed. It won't ruin her sleep habits. And if DH and I divorced, I would be okay with his SO being in the bed whilst my child crawled in in the MOTN, because I know he is smart enough to not play pull and tickle while his children are in the bed. I am just not sure how it's "creepy".

From the GF's perspective, would you feel comfortable telling your SO (OP's baby daddy) that he should not let LO in bed? No, because it's not really your place. Especially at 2 months of dating. You could always get out of bed, but it's the MOTN, and I imagine I would hardly even wake up, if at all to a child crawling into bed. 

::skips off into lurking mode again::

No one who hasn't put in the time or the commitment gets to be there for the kid. Its that thing where once you have had a kid, it doesn't really matter WTF the GF wants or feels like doing. The kid comes first and should come first. If she cant understand that then she needs to GTFO. And if baby daddy cant figure that shiit out either, he needs to relinquish full custody to mom and not get any overnights. Mom would be completely within her rights to request that at any time that BD has the kid, no GFs or SOs be present. Period. A case can be made against that once the GF has been in a committed relationship with the BD for 6 mos to a year. 

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imagerjeller32:

imagekendra223:
    imageBrandi Bee:
    I'd be livid if H was letting Isla sleep with him and his new woman, honestly, especially if I barely knew her or hadn't met her. nbsp;That sounds creepy to me for some reason.
    I agree! And its not even a jealousy thing.. its flat out creepy to me. Sleeping in the same bed is not something a child should be doing with someone they've only known a couple months. Even if daddy is there too... just weird in my opinion.

So, if DS is scared in the MOTN at his dad's, and wants to come in bed, or really for whatever reason, said ex should either kick his GF out of his bed or tell his son no, because this lady is a stranger? I don't think it's creepy, because it doesn't sound like she is like "Hey, little boy, come sleep with us!" 

This just really sounds like a fear of replacement, and the first girl the ex is dating. IF you really are worried, stop by their house to meet her, or contact HER and say you would like to get to know her more for the sake of co-parenting and her existence in DS's life.

If it's a new relationship (like this one is) GF doesn't need to be spending the night if she has her own place.  There's a difference between random chick baby's daddy just started dating and a woman he has an established relationship with.

I guess overall I'm just confused as to why a single, grown adult can't have a SO spend the night? I mean, personally, if I were uncomfortable with it, I would just confront him, and meet her. Explain my issues and come to a compromise. Not stomp my princess feet and demand that his GF not stay the night because she has no reason to do so. 

Did literally no one on this post not stay the night at their SO's until their relationship was "established"? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    double post, my bad
    image  image
  • Options
    imageKitiara5512:
    imagerjeller32:
    Well, if GF is around her LO, then she is entail a part of the co-parenting, whether it's stated or not. LO watches her behavior, and spends time with her while he is with the BD. So, although she may not be an authoritative figure, she is in the jumble. But, really, I was more referring to OP and her ex as the co-parents. If OP has an issue with it, she needs to face it directly, as part of her duties in co-parenting.

Knowing literally nothing more than what OP has said, I was just giving my opinion. When my DD is scared or just wants snuggles, I let her in our bed. It won't ruin her sleep habits. And if DH and I divorced, I would be okay with his SO being in the bed whilst my child crawled in in the MOTN, because I know he is smart enough to not play pull and tickle while his children are in the bed. I am just not sure how it's "creepy".

From the GF's perspective, would you feel comfortable telling your SO (OP's baby daddy) that he should not let LO in bed? No, because it's not really your place. Especially at 2 months of dating. You could always get out of bed, but it's the MOTN, and I imagine I would hardly even wake up, if at all to a child crawling into bed. 

No one who hasn't put in the time or the commitment gets to be there for the kid. Its that thing where once you have had a kid, it doesn't really matter WTF the GF wants or feels like doing. The kid comes first and should come first. If she cant understand that then she needs to GTFO. And if baby daddy cant figure that shiit out either, he needs to relinquish full custody to mom and not get any overnights. Mom would be completely within her rights to request that at any time that BD has the kid, no GFs or SOs be present. Period. A case can be made against that once the GF has been in a committed relationship with the BD for 6 mos to a year. 

But that is the exact point I am overall trying to get at. If BD thinks it's fine for his LO to be in bed with him while GF is there, then she has no say. So it's a pretty wild assumption that she has any part of it and is creepy for allowing it to happen. 

And, like I've said, but I'll repeat, if OP has a problem with it, she needs to speak with BD and his GF, and come to a compromise. Co-parenting isn't getting what you want all the time. It's compromising. Imagine having that whole huge battle over sleepovers, and then she turns around and starts dating someone. If she was a b!tch about his GF, you can almost bet he is going to just the same to her. 

Being civil, yet honest is usually the best way to do things, and if neither are willing to compromise at all, then take it to the court system. Not the flucking Bump.

image  image
  • Options
    Did literally no one on this post not stay the night at their SO's until their relationship was "established"?  

Yes I did, BUT I did not have children.  The son is with his dad only 2 nights a week.  The girlfriend does not have to spend the night.  
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • Options
    imagerjeller32:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imagerjeller32:

But that is the exact point I am overall trying to get at. If BD thinks it's fine for his LO to be in bed with him while GF is there, then she has no say. So it's a pretty wild assumption that she has any part of it and is creepy for allowing it to happen. 

And, like I've said, but I'll repeat, if OP has a problem with it, she needs to speak with BD and his GF, and come to a compromise. Co-parenting isn't getting what you want all the time. It's compromising. Imagine having that whole huge battle over sleepovers, and then she turns around and starts dating someone. If she was a b!tch about his GF, you can almost bet he is going to just the same to her. 

Being civil, yet honest is usually the best way to do things, and if neither are willing to compromise at all, then take it to the court system. Not the flucking Bump.

I think we are making the same point in the end and disagreeing over semantics. Yes its him making the decision and not the GF. Dude seriously needs to get smacked upside the head for making bad decisions. When your kid is there, you are the kid's dad, and GF can wait for a night when there are no kids. GF is most likely gonna go along with the arrangement until dude steps up and decides to parent responsibly.

And on the bolded, wtf are we supposed to do if people stop posting this crap here? DONT MAKE ME WORK AT WORK PEOPLE!!!

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    FYI I have discussed this with my ex. He has said he will do what he wants bc he's an adult, even after I said I'm concerned about our DS feeling if this turns out to be a fleeting relationship. I have dated others, I've never brought them home when my son was there or allowed them to meet my son if i felt it was going no where.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"