Parenting
Options

Baby father drama

Re: Baby father drama

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

imageSookieFrackhouse68:
    All of you should be married. ALL OF YOU HORS.

i wonder how she would feel if I married you? Cause I want to, real bad. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

PSA:

Hey, y'all, Jo-Ann's fabrics is having a sale on red A's. I'mma go get me a batch. 

ETD typing is hard 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageRunaway22:
    PSA:Hey, y'all, JoAnn'ds fabrics is having a sale on red A's. I'mma go get me a batch.nbsp;

Send me one!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    What's best for your child is for you two to learn to coparent together. I would try and very nicely explain to XH that this makes you uncomfortable. Try to explain without it making it seem like there's something wrong with his new GF, rather it is very soon and you want the best for your LO.

Be prepared that he may completely ignore you and there's not much you can do about it. It's hard, but unless there's a risk to your LO's safety there's not much that can legally be done about it.

Hopefully XH will take your feelings into account.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options
    imageRunaway22:

PSA:

Hey, y'all, Jo-Ann's fabrics is having a sale on red A's. I'mma go get me a batch. 

ETD typing is hard 

RIP me 

• Options
    H's bff wont even intro a woman he is dating to their kid until they have been dating for 6 months. No overnights when the kid is there until after that time. Sorry, but they havent been dating long enough for that person to be a mother figure of any sort, then she doesnt belong in bed with dude and the KID. I am seriously WTFing those who said its nbd. It is a huge deal. Some states even have laws saying that gfs/bfs cannot stay overnight in shared custody situations when the kid is there or that parent can lose custody. There was a big deal that a lesbian couple couldnt live together because in that state you had to be married to live in the same home or stay overnight with the partner that had partial custody of a kid under a certain age.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:

Ladies wife07 is an outrageous person. She was part of the basis for the UO from another reg about posters having wife or mommy in their screen name being trollish. 

She may be silver but she has troll roots and genetics.  

Calling someone with a conservative crazy cakes view point a troll is not cool. She is not deliberately stirring ***. She actually believes she is right and doesnt get that others dont feel the same way.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

imageNana_Osaki06:
    I really don't see the big deal. DH used to spend nights when we were dating. Rosie used to sleep in bed with us. Heck, we still aren't legally married and we've moved in with each other, got engaged, ect for the span of a few months (like 4). I don't see the big deal ijn the father moving on and finding someone else. In inviting her over to spend time with said kiddo. Heck if she spends the night and he crawls in the morning for daddy snuggles I don't see the issue. I think it's all part of learning how to co parent with someone new, ect.

Yeahhhh, doesn't surprise me that you don't see the big deal. I think your lifestyle is a little less conventional than most around these here parts.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemoo point:

imageNana_Osaki06:
    I really don't see the big deal. DH used to spend nights when we were dating. Rosie used to sleep in bed with us. Heck, we still aren't legally married and we've moved in with each other, got engaged, ect for the span of a few months (like 4). I don't see the big deal ijn the father moving on and finding someone else. In inviting her over to spend time with said kiddo. Heck if she spends the night and he crawls in the morning for daddy snuggles I don't see the issue. I think it's all part of learning how to co parent with someone new, ect.

Yeahhhh, doesn't surprise me that you don't see the big deal. I think your lifestyle is a little less conventional than most around these here parts.

What wrong with my "lifestyle" I was single mother and fell in love with my friend of 8 years. Whats wrong with that? There is nothing unusual about my life now. I SAH, my DH works. BFD.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:

What wrong with my "lifestyle" I was single mother and fell in love with my friend of 8 years. Whats wrong with that? There is nothing unusual about my life now. I SAH, my DH works. BFD.

• Options
    imagemoo point:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

I feel like your being a snatch for the attention. Jeez. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:

You made comments that contradict what you've said in the past so maybe I'm just confused.

Go on with yo' conventional self.

• Options
    imagemoo point:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

You made comments that contradict what you've said in the past so maybe I'm just confused.

Go on with yo' conventional self.

Well then, please. Do explain.

• Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagemoo point:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Well, duh! to the bolded.

But your living arrangements, with all the roommates, is just not the norm. When people wind up in long term commitments with SOs, they do not normally keep the roomies around for an extended period. This is what works for you, and thats great and it does help you feel more comfy with your roomies being around your kid because y'all are all also really good friends, but it is far from normal for most people's lives. And I would think you have known your friends for more than just a couple of months.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imageKitiara5512:
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagemoo point:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Well, duh! to the bolded.

But your living arrangements, with all the roommates, is just not the norm. When people wind up in long term commitments with SOs, they do not normally keep the roomies around for an extended period. This is what works for you, and thats great and it does help you feel more comfy with your roomies being around your kid because y'all are all also really good friends, but it is far from normal for most people's lives. And I would think you have known your friends for more than just a couple of months.

Oh, totally. I know it's not really "normal", but they are more like family to us. Also, other than the whole Uncle Zach and Uncle Travis snafu there is nothing not normal about my life. 

• Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Oh, totally. I know it's not really "normal", but they are more like family to us. Also, other than the whole Uncle Zach and Uncle Travis snafu there is nothing not normal about my life. 

**threadjack**

I must have missed this. Do tell.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imageKitiara5512:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

**threadjack**

Those are our roommates lol. 

• Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

**threadjack**

Well, yes. Its the snafu I am curious about. 

::waits patiently::

::tells the truth and waits impatiently::

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:

True.  Everyone's SO has pictures of their lady with come on her face on their phones.

• Options
    imageoverture:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

True.  Everyone's SO has pictures of their lady with come on her face on their phones.

Huh?

• Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

**threadjack**

I think she means her life is normal except for the roommates living there.

Uh, yeah. This. I feel like I need to stop sharing my life in TB.

• Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Huh?

Maybe you don't remember, but believe me, everyone else does.

• Options
    imageoverture:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

Huh?

Maybe you don't remember, but believe me, everyone else does.

I have no idea what your talking about. DH doesn't have a pic like that on his phone. Unless your talking about the FFST where I said he likes to give me those. Really, I'm just going to go crawl into my hole.

• Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    imageKitiara5512:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

**threadjack**

I think she means her life is normal except for the roommates living there.

Uh, yeah. This. I feel like I need to stop sharing my life in TB.

Sad

Well, sometimes I kinda go Hmm or Tongue Tied to some of the posted stuff but I still like ya!

H's bffs lived with us for almost four years after we bought our house, just because we all needed financial help some and it was easier to combine resources. I dont know about doing that with a kid, I think I would go nuts.

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    I guess you were making it up then?  Which might even more strange.
  • Options

imageoverture:
    I guess you were making it up then?  Which might even more strange.

I don't make stuff up on here. I am who I am. If I've said something like this in the past, then I must have forgotten. DH does have lots of sexy pics of me. If he does have one of me like that then I must have forgotten. Which isn;t hard for me. Given that I have to write everything down in a planner or I'll screw things up. 

• Options
    imagejustAphase:

I'm just going to leave this here...

Ahem.

Okay then. I stand corrected. I must have forgotten that. LOL.

• Options
    imageKitiara5512:

Um, my kid isnt 3 yet, and he notices when his regular friends arent at church or the park even for one day. It takes him a while to let go. FFS he is still upset that no more Backyardigans on Netflix, if one of his dc friends left after only being there a month or two, he would be pretty effing upset even if only for a few days.

Noticing someone isn't there and being hurt and suffering as a result of that are two very different things.

I'm sure that he would find other friends.  Unless you make a big freaking deal out of it.

• Options

You should REALLY want your ex to have your kid around someone new BEFORE he marries them.  Suppose she finally meets your kid and decides she can't stand him and your kid can't stand her.  

Better to know that stuff in advance, before the papers are signed.

• Options

OP if you're still around this is all you need to know:

None of us know what the heck we're talking about. There are some crazy nuts up in here.

Go to your lawyer or tell your ex to kick her out of bed. The beauty of being a parent is we get to make the rules for our own families.

Nobody here is a lawyer (we had one that played one once) we offer our opinions but most of them aren't worth much.  

• Options
    imagejustAphase:
    imageManateearmz:

OP if you're still around this is all you need to know:

None of us know what the heck we're talking about. There are some crazy nuts up in here.

Go to your lawyer or tell your ex to kick her out of bed. The beauty of being a parent is we get to make the rules for our own families.

Nobody here is a lawyer (we had one that played one once) we offer our opinions but most of them aren't worth much.  

LOL. But this is truth. The internet isn't always the greatest place for advice. But do take mine. I'm legit smaht.

2 legit 2 quit  

• Options
    imageoverture:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

It's my husband's wallpaper

Nana, remind me again if your DD's father is gay? Straight? Bi? Perhaps I have you mixed up with someone else.

• Options
    I appreciate all of the on topic responses. Ex and I have been off and on arguing about this the last couple of days. He feels this is out of jealousy. But I have repeatedly told him I'm concerned for DS and him getting hurt. Ex was dismissive and basically said "he can do whatever he wants and if that means he doesn't see his son, that is fine" I just fear he's putting this relationship with his new GF over his son. Which will hurt DS. I have no issue with DS meeting/playing with ex's new GF but I have a huge issue with her spending the night when DS is only at dad's house 2-3 nights/wk.
  • Options
    imagemoo point:
    imageoverture:
    imageNana_Osaki06:

It's my husband's wallpaper

Nana, remind me again if your DD's father is gay? Straight? Bi? Perhaps I have you mixed up with someone else.

He is Bi.

• Options
    Wow. This thread is just all over the place.

OP, ditto PPs re custody arrangements. I would be uncomfortable in your situation, as well.
  • Options

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

imagekendra223:
    imageBrandi Bee:
    I'd be livid if H was letting Isla sleep with him and his new woman, honestly, especially if I barely knew her or hadn't met her. nbsp;That sounds creepy to me for some reason.
    I agree! And its not even a jealousy thing.. its flat out creepy to me. Sleeping in the same bed is not something a child should be doing with someone they've only known a couple months. Even if daddy is there too... just weird in my opinion.

So, if DS is scared in the MOTN at his dad's, and wants to come in bed, or really for whatever reason, said ex should either kick his GF out of his bed or tell his son no, because this lady is a stranger? I don't think it's creepy, because it doesn't sound like she is like "Hey, little boy, come sleep with us!" 

This just really sounds like a fear of replacement, and the first girl the ex is dating. IF you really are worried, stop by their house to meet her, or contact HER and say you would like to get to know her more for the sake of co-parenting and her existence in DS's life.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    imageBrandi Bee:
    imagerjeller32:

imagekendra223:
    imageBrandi Bee:
    I'd be livid if H was letting Isla sleep with him and his new woman, honestly, especially if I barely knew her or hadn't met her. nbsp;That sounds creepy to me for some reason.
    I agree! And its not even a jealousy thing.. its flat out creepy to me. Sleeping in the same bed is not something a child should be doing with someone they've only known a couple months. Even if daddy is there too... just weird in my opinion.

So, if DS is scared in the MOTN at his dad's, and wants to come in bed, or really for whatever reason, said ex should either kick his GF out of his bed or tell his son no, because this lady is a stranger? I don't think it's creepy, because it doesn't sound like she is like "Hey, little boy, come sleep with us!" 

This just really sounds like a fear of replacement, and the first girl the ex is dating. IF you really are worried, stop by their house to meet her, or contact HER and say you would like to get to know her more for the sake of co-parenting and her existence in DS's life.

I would expect my husband to put our daughter back in bed because that is what we do now anyway.  

No one is saying that the new GF wants the little boy with them.  Just that the situation is not appropriate and it isn't.  A person who is not living with the ex and has made no real commitment to the ex shouldn't be considered a "co-parent" in any sense at all. 

Well, if GF is around her LO, then she is entail a part of the co-parenting, whether it's stated or not. LO watches her behavior, and spends time with her while he is with the BD. So, although she may not be an authoritative figure, she is in the jumble. But, really, I was more referring to OP and her ex as the co-parents. If OP has an issue with it, she needs to face it directly, as part of her duties in co-parenting.

Knowing literally nothing more than what OP has said, I was just giving my opinion. When my DD is scared or just wants snuggles, I let her in our bed. It won't ruin her sleep habits. And if DH and I divorced, I would be okay with his SO being in the bed whilst my child crawled in in the MOTN, because I know he is smart enough to not play pull and tickle while his children are in the bed. I am just not sure how it's "creepy".

From the GF's perspective, would you feel comfortable telling your SO (OP's baby daddy) that he should not let LO in bed? No, because it's not really your place. Especially at 2 months of dating. You could always get out of bed, but it's the MOTN, and I imagine I would hardly even wake up, if at all to a child crawling into bed. 

::skips off into lurking mode again::

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"