May 2013 Moms

How many hours of sleep do you average?

How many hours of sleep do you average in a 24 hours period? I am at 4-5 and my LO is 3 weeks. Wondering how many others are getting by on this little sleep?
TTC Since January 2011 Clomid - 3 cycles - BFN IVF Cycle #1 - 27 eggs, 0 fertilized - cycle cancelled ICSI Cycle #2 - 18 eggs, 16 fertilized - BFP (miscarriage at 5 weeks) FET Cycle #3 - transferred 2 - BFP - TWINS! (lost one twin at 8 weeks)

Re: How many hours of sleep do you average?

• It's still very inconsistent.  Some nights I average 4 to 5, others 5 to 6. Last night I got 2.
    Avery Elaine 5/21/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is 4 weeks today, and I am averaging 4-5 hours of sleep at night, as well.  I think that's pretty normal for this point, unfortunately!  I am terrible about napping during the day because I am always trying to get things done around the house. DH told me this morning that he doesn't care if I have anything made for dinner tonight and that I just need to make sure I take a nap today!  Of course, LO is napping right now and I am busy doing other things!

• I have been lucky. DS is sleeping 6 to 7 hrs a night waking for only one feeding so thats when I sleep with an occasional afternoon nap. But last night for the first time he was up all night. I fed him four times and think he is entering his 3 week growth spurt.
    Now I'm hoping he sleeps today but not enough to ruin sleep tonight!
    image imageimage

• I usually go to bed after the evening feeding around 9, then he wakes between 12 and 2 to eat and then goes back to sleep until between 5 and 7. I get a lot of sleep actually, luckily otherwise I'd be a Zombie and a horrible mom to my other kids.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm guessing 6 or 7 hours overnight and a 1 hr nap about half the time.
    Our cycle 12 sweepea was born at 34w 3d!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker
  • My LO is 4 weeks today & she wakes up every 3 hours at night to eat.  Once in awhile I will get lucky & she sleeps for 4 hours, but she is pretty consistent at this point.  She only sleeps about 4 hours total during the day & it's mostly little cat naps.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I get about 5 hours of sleep at night, broken up by feedings and diaper changes, and nap for about an hour in the afternoon. I should go to bed earlier because my son is usually sleeping between around 8pm-10pm, but I'd rather watch TV with my husband. It's enough sleep to basically function, but I couldn't imagine if I had to go to work or take care of other kids!
  • My baby is 8 days and I'm getting about 6 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My daughter is 6 weeks and I'm averaging 4-5. There was one night last week where she slept 6 hours straight but it hasn't happened again.

Baby Girl! Coming May 1, 2013

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am lucky when it comes to sleep. I average around 8 to 9 hours of sleep at night. We bring LO to bed around 9:30pm, she usually wakes up to eat once or twice during the night usually around 12:30 and 4 or if she only wakes up once, it is usually around 3 then sleeps until at least 7:30am.

BabyName Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
  • kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    It's pretty inconsistent still. 2 nights ago, I got 3 total, broken up. Last night, I got a 4 hour stretch, plus another 1.5. That's the most I've had in a while. LO is 17 days old. If I had to guess an average, I'd say 5 broken up over the 24 hours.
  • I sleep about 6-8 hours in a given 24-hr period. 5-6 at night and 1-2 during the day if I feel like napping. I never get more than 3 hours at a time though, which is starting to wear on me.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'd say around 5 at night. All broken up. Often not more than an hour at a time. Then I sometimes get an hour or so nap.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image
  • I usually get a 4 hr stretch followed by a 2 hr stretch each night. Then perhaps another hr broken up in 15 min increments

• image laurenann82:
    I get about 5 hours of sleep at night, broken up by feedings and diaper changes, and nap for about an hour in the afternoon. I should go to bed earlier because my son is usually sleeping between around 8pm-10pm, but I'd rather watch TV with my husband. It's enough sleep to basically function, but I couldn't imagine if I had to go to work or take care of other kids!

this exactly, I should go to bed earlier when he has his 4 hour stretch from 8 to midnight, but that is great alone time with my DH so I normally stay up to 11 or so. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS #1 - born 4/30/2013
    TFAS since January 2014
    BFP #1: 5/1/2014 - CP: 5/10/2014
    BFP #2: 6/9/2014 - EDD: 2/14/15

Feb15 July Siggy Challenge: Favorite Summer Acitvity
  • b&e888b&e888
    250 Answers 500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I usually get a 4 hour stretch followed by a 2-3 hour stretch each night. Sometimes I get a 1 or 2 hour nap in the afternoon.
    View Full Size Image

• I'm averaging 5-6 hours. I feel spoiled on those nights closer to 6.

I'm not a daytime napper, so the whole, "sleep when he sleeps," advice doesn't help me accrue more hours of sleep. I have to hope for the best each night.

Photobucket

TTC #1 since 10/2010 ~ BFP 09/2012 ~ EDD 06/01/13

photo small_zps0468243f.jpg

Born May 14, 2013 ~ 5lbs 15oz.
  • image jteneback:
    I'm guessing 6 or 7 hours overnight and a 1 hr nap about half the time.

This sounds about right.  I usually get one nap during the day and my H lets me sleep from about 1:00 or 2:00 to 6:00 or 7:00 a.m.  Then I let him sleep until 11:00 when he gets up to go to work.

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

mom and me
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• Most nights I get 6-7 overnight. The last two nights she has woken up for a 2am and 4am nursing when she usually goes 11pm to 4am. So that has cut out an hour, and I'm hoping she goes back to her long sleep stretch.

• It varies but Id say about 5 hours broken up. It usually takes me a little over an hour to feed, burp, change her etc. So by the time I get back to bed and fall asleep I only get about 2 hours of sleep before she's up again. She is 3 weeks today.

• 8 or 9 hours, depends on when my toddler wakes up. We bedshare and sidelying nursing which I sleep through so I am getting a lot of sleep but it isn't really deep sleep because of the bed sharing. I definetly don't feel well rested in the morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is 5 weeks tomorrow and lately I'm averaging 5 to 6 hours of sleep in 24 hours, 3 to 4 at night with one long nap in the afternoon when DH gets home from work.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Let's see...S is a a little over 5 weeks old and we probably get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night? I was never a good napper so I vary rarely nap during the day. We usually put S down to bed between 9 and 10, and I usually get to bed between 10:30 and 11. She gets up between 1 and 2, and then again between 4 and 6 before she gets up for the day between 7 and 8. That sounds like a lot of sleep but each feeding takes about an hour or so and by the time I do get back to bed and then fall alseep, I've probably been awake for an hour and half maybe?
  • image wcvsb3b5:
    I am lucky when it comes to sleep. I average around 8 to 9 hours of sleep at night. We bring LO to bed around 9:30pm, she usually wakes up to eat once or twice during the night usually around 12:30 and 4 or if she only wakes up once, it is usually around 3 then sleeps until at least 7:30am.

this sounds basically exactly like my LO. I feel pretty lucky! 

ETA she is 6 weeks today 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I get about 5-6 hours in 24 hours, broken up of course.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• 4-5 hrs in a 24 hour period. It seems I make children who are on the low spectrum of sleep needs, especially daytime nap-wise.

On Monday, I got 1.5 hours of sleep during the night. All told, it took me 15 hours to accrue four very broken hours of sleep that day. It was pretty crappy. 

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker