May 2013 Moms

How many hours of sleep do you average?

How many hours of sleep do you average in a 24 hours period? I am at 4-5 and my LO is 3 weeks. Wondering how many others are getting by on this little sleep?
TTC Since January 2011 Clomid - 3 cycles - BFN IVF Cycle #1 - 27 eggs, 0 fertilized - cycle cancelled ICSI Cycle #2 - 18 eggs, 16 fertilized - BFP (miscarriage at 5 weeks) FET Cycle #3 - transferred 2 - BFP - TWINS! (lost one twin at 8 weeks)

Re: How many hours of sleep do you average?

• My LO is 4 weeks today, and I am averaging 4-5 hours of sleep at night, as well.  I think that's pretty normal for this point, unfortunately!  I am terrible about napping during the day because I am always trying to get things done around the house. DH told me this morning that he doesn't care if I have anything made for dinner tonight and that I just need to make sure I take a nap today!  Of course, LO is napping right now and I am busy doing other things!

• I'm guessing 6 or 7 hours overnight and a 1 hr nap about half the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is 4 weeks today & she wakes up every 3 hours at night to eat.  Once in awhile I will get lucky & she sleeps for 4 hours, but she is pretty consistent at this point.  She only sleeps about 4 hours total during the day & it's mostly little cat naps.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get about 5 hours of sleep at night, broken up by feedings and diaper changes, and nap for about an hour in the afternoon. I should go to bed earlier because my son is usually sleeping between around 8pm-10pm, but I'd rather watch TV with my husband. It's enough sleep to basically function, but I couldn't imagine if I had to go to work or take care of other kids!
  • My baby is 8 days and I'm getting about 6 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My daughter is 6 weeks and I'm averaging 4-5. There was one night last week where she slept 6 hours straight but it hasn't happened again.
  • I am lucky when it comes to sleep. I average around 8 to 9 hours of sleep at night. We bring LO to bed around 9:30pm, she usually wakes up to eat once or twice during the night usually around 12:30 and 4 or if she only wakes up once, it is usually around 3 then sleeps until at least 7:30am.
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    It's pretty inconsistent still. 2 nights ago, I got 3 total, broken up. Last night, I got a 4 hour stretch, plus another 1.5. That's the most I've had in a while. LO is 17 days old. If I had to guess an average, I'd say 5 broken up over the 24 hours.
  • I'd say around 5 at night. All broken up. Often not more than an hour at a time. Then I sometimes get an hour or so nap.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I usually get a 4 hr stretch followed by a 2 hr stretch each night. Then perhaps another hr broken up in 15 min increments

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imagelaurenann82:
    I get about 5 hours of sleep at night, broken up by feedings and diaper changes, and nap for about an hour in the afternoon. I should go to bed earlier because my son is usually sleeping between around 8pm-10pm, but I'd rather watch TV with my husband. It's enough sleep to basically function, but I couldn't imagine if I had to go to work or take care of other kids!

this exactly, I should go to bed earlier when he has his 4 hour stretch from 8 to midnight, but that is great alone time with my DH so I normally stay up to 11 or so. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • be888be888 member
    I usually get a 4 hour stretch followed by a 2-3 hour stretch each night. Sometimes I get a 1 or 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• I'm averaging 5-6 hours. I feel spoiled on those nights closer to 6.

I'm not a daytime napper, so the whole, "sleep when he sleeps," advice doesn't help me accrue more hours of sleep. I have to hope for the best each night.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • imagejteneback:
    I'm guessing 6 or 7 hours overnight and a 1 hr nap about half the time.

This sounds about right.  I usually get one nap during the day and my H lets me sleep from about 1:00 or 2:00 to 6:00 or 7:00 a.m.  Then I let him sleep until 11:00 when he gets up to go to work.

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• Most nights I get 6-7 overnight. The last two nights she has woken up for a 2am and 4am nursing when she usually goes 11pm to 4am. So that has cut out an hour, and I'm hoping she goes back to her long sleep stretch.

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It varies but Id say about 5 hours broken up. It usually takes me a little over an hour to feed, burp, change her etc. So by the time I get back to bed and fall asleep I only get about 2 hours of sleep before she's up again. She is 3 weeks today.

• 8 or 9 hours, depends on when my toddler wakes up. We bedshare and sidelying nursing which I sleep through so I am getting a lot of sleep but it isn't really deep sleep because of the bed sharing. I definetly don't feel well rested in the morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is 5 weeks tomorrow and lately I'm averaging 5 to 6 hours of sleep in 24 hours, 3 to 4 at night with one long nap in the afternoon when DH gets home from work.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Let's see...S is a a little over 5 weeks old and we probably get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night? I was never a good napper so I vary rarely nap during the day. We usually put S down to bed between 9 and 10, and I usually get to bed between 10:30 and 11. She gets up between 1 and 2, and then again between 4 and 6 before she gets up for the day between 7 and 8. That sounds like a lot of sleep but each feeding takes about an hour or so and by the time I do get back to bed and then fall alseep, I've probably been awake for an hour and half maybe?
  • imagewcvsb3b5:
    I am lucky when it comes to sleep. I average around 8 to 9 hours of sleep at night. We bring LO to bed around 9:30pm, she usually wakes up to eat once or twice during the night usually around 12:30 and 4 or if she only wakes up once, it is usually around 3 then sleeps until at least 7:30am.

this sounds basically exactly like my LO. I feel pretty lucky! 

ETA she is 6 weeks today 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I get about 5-6 hours in 24 hours, broken up of course.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• 4-5 hrs in a 24 hour period. It seems I make children who are on the low spectrum of sleep needs, especially daytime nap-wise.

On Monday, I got 1.5 hours of sleep during the night. All told, it took me 15 hours to accrue four very broken hours of sleep that day. It was pretty crappy. 

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"