Pregnant after a Loss

Spotting (some TMI) *updated*

I have been very constipated and strained pretty hard about 3 hours ago. I almost expected to bleed a little so when I saw blood just now on the TP, I didn't freakout immediately. I wiped again, more bright red blood. I thought, maybe it's not coming from my vagina so I checked with a mirror. It is coming from my vagina and it's enough that I need a panty liner.

I've heard you can spot from being constipated and straining, but this is bringing flashbacks and I'm trying really hard not to panic. I know I could go to the ER (would be hard because we have DD nd it's so late) but I just feel like there's nothing they could do for me other than tell me if I still have a baby or not.

Anyone else experience this much spotting from straining? 

*BFP #2 11/11/11 - m/c 12/12/11 at 8 weeks* *BFP #3 2/7/12 - c/p 2/16/12* *BFP #4 5/13/12 - Grow baby, grow* Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker <a href="http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/nattn/?action=view

Re: Spotting (some TMI) *updated*

• CnAnACnAnA
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    I did early on if I strained too hard.  Fiber Plus bars became my BFF, along with Fiber One cereal for breakfast, and so much water I had to pee every 10 minutes. LOL  It was a pain, but it worked.  Hope the spotting stops soon!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • I'm pretty sure constipation caused the touch of spotting I had yesterday.  Honestly, if it will bring you peace of mind, I say go in to the ER.  The only thing you have to lose is some time and a copay.  But it may be better than sitting around scaring yourself all day :(  

(((hugs))  I hope everything is ok. 

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• Just wanted to send some vibes-hope everything is okay 

BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
    BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
    BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby
  • nattnnattn
    Fourth Anniversary

The spotting seemed to be getting better last night, so I just went to bed and decided not to worry. This morning I got up to go pee and there was a lot more blood and some clots. It looked like a light day of my period.

With that amount of blood, I knew I would stress out all day, so I went ahead and came to the ER. I'm waiting for a u/s now. 
    *BFP #2 11/11/11 - m/c 12/12/11 at 8 weeks* *BFP #3 2/7/12 - c/p 2/16/12* *BFP #4 5/13/12 - Grow baby, grow* Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker <a href="http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/nattn/?action=view
  • image nattn:

The spotting seemed to be getting better last night, so I just went to bed and decided not to worry. This morning I got up to go pee and there was a lot more blood and some clots. It looked like a light day of my period.

With that amount of blood, I knew I would stress out all day, so I went ahead and came to the ER. I'm waiting for a u/s now.

I hope you've had your u/s and that all is well.  And I hope you are at home resting! 

Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• nattnnattn
    Fourth Anniversary
    image DC2London:

I hope you've had your u/s and that all is well.  And I hope you are at home resting! 

Thank you! I just got home and I'm going to take a long nap.

The doctor said "threatened miscarriage" which I suspected he would, but also said everything looked normal. He kept being very vague, which was annoying, but while the tech was doing the u/s, we were watching everything (been through this enough to know a few things) and the sac and baby were measuring right at 7wks-7wks 2days and the heartbeat was 153-160! I'm following up with my OB tomorrow, but I'm very hopeful that this baby is going to stick around! I am still spotting a little, but I know that can happen and everything be okay.

• So glad your little one looked good and his/her heart rate is strong!  Hopefully your OB can give you some more insight tomorrow.

FWIW, today I had spotting after a bowel movement for the second day in a row.  Apparently it is very common for the cervix to become inflamed during pregnancy and for this kind of spotting to occur, and it is no threat to the fetus.  Good luck tomorrow! 

• Jo2013Jo2013
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    So glad you got to see your LO's hb! Hopefully that was very reassuring to you. I've been sending T&P your way and will continue to do so!!
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • Relax, eat some cereal or fiber one bars. :) and if you have diarrhea drink a lot of water and kinda just let everything fall out. Dont push hard at all. Last thing you need is to be stressed :) its all gonna b ok. HUGS