16 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Anyone Wearing Maternity Clothes Yet?

I am running out of choices with my regular clothes, but don't feel like I'm big enough to justify maternity clothes yet!  I feel like I need a whole in between wardrobe! Hey, maybe I do.  I guess I'll need it after baby is born when I'm trying to lose the baby weight.  Anyone else break out the maternity clothes yet?

Re: Anyone Wearing Maternity Clothes Yet?

• Options
    I am 16 weeks, and have been wearing maternity clothes for the last 3 weeks! Not a single pair of my old jeans or work slacks fit anymore. I say take the plunge. You will be way more comfortable, and wont get frustrated trying to squeeze into the old stuff. I suggest old navy and motherhood maternity. They both keep nice items in their sale section...so you are not breaking the bank, in addition to the zippers on your old pants ;)
  • Options

I have some of my regular clothes that I still like and wear, but I too have worn some maternity items for several weeks!  I was also able to pick up a belly band cheap from overstock.com which is pretty good with pants/jeans.  A friend that recently delivered had a good statement which helped me feel better about breaking into the maternity stash she had passed along to me.  The statement was:  You can't put a price on your comfort!  So the following week I started shopping the local thrift stores and also the motherhood maternity outlet nearby.  Kohls had some nice clearance pieces also.  It's been a help as now I less often try on 10 outfits before finally being ok with one!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been wearing my pants unbuttoned and skirts zipped down a little with a belly band, but I just broke down and ordered some things from Motherhood.com. The pile of "no longer fits" is growing. I have a pair of their maternity shorts and a dress and they are both sooo comfortable. I say go for it, you'll need them very soon anyway!
  • Options
    I too am running out of options. My pants just aren't fitting anymore. Friends have recommended getting a few pairs of pants that are a little bit bigger to wear now and then after the baby is born, while losing that weight. Dresses are also a good choice, as most you don't have to get in maternity and should fit for a few months at least.
  • Options
    I have 1 pair of pants that still fit but I now have the band and two pair of maternity pants that were on sale! Otherwise I'm just getting a shirt size larger on shirts target is always having sales so I went to the womans plus size where it's comfy otherwise the maternity section has some good dress and undershirts I'd get!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have the band and 2 pairs of pants that still fit but not comfortably.  I was recently given some maternity clothes from a friend, I can't believe how comfortable I am now!  Even if you don't think its time for maternity wear yet, being comfortable is priceless!  I'm much happier being pregnant now and going shopping for some new summer outfits tomorrow :)
    dancing animated GIF
    N14 November Siggy Challenge - Celebration
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I am 16 weeks along and still can wear a lot of my regular shirts. At least the ones that are flowy. I have been wearing maternity pants and shorts for about 2- 2 1/2 weeks. It just got to the point where my regular jeans still fit but I was uncomfortable. I was somewhat ashamed at first because I thought it was too early, but I feel 100% better now.

• Options

A pregnant friend recently commented that I shouldn't be embarrassed to take the plunge since maternity clothes are SO much more comfortable. I am using the hair tie/BeBand method and it's starting to get annoying. Yesterday I went online and ordered my first two pairs of jeans from Old Navy! They had a sale so I got a bunch of maternity tops as well, although I still have plenty of regular ones that fit. I've also got a pair of pants and a skirt with the foldover waist band like on yoga pants, which is the most comfy option I've found yet!

Anyone else ordering online and not sure what size to get? I no longer fit in my normal jeans, size 2, due to all my extra weight going straight to my thighs. I only ordered one size up, which is what I've been wearing for the past few weeks. I'm afraid my thighs will continue to grow and I'll move up to the next size before I get any use out of the new jeans!

• Options
    I've been wearing maternity jeans for a few weeks now.  Today i pulled out the maternity dress, and my co-workers pulled me aside and said "I noticed your wearing loose fitting clothes, are you pregnant!" 
  • Options

Well I'm glad it's not just me whose thighs are getting bigger.  For some reason i thought the weight gain would just be in the stomach and breast...I was getting worried that i was putting on weight in the wrong places.

Since it's summer, I think i'll play it safe and just stick to maternity dresses.  Since the baby will be a winter baby (January), i'll worry about pants sizes later in the year. 

• Options
    I agree!  The dad to be noticed how much happier I was with fitting clothes!  Priceless!
  • Options

I think I have been wearing maternity clothes since week 11 or 12 and I'm 16 weeks now! I am carrying very low, so my pants and shorts have not been fitting for some time. Even at 10 weeks it was uncomfortable. I work in a dental office so I forwent the hairtie or belly band and just went straight for the maternity pants/skirts/dresses. I am going to need them sooner or later so I may as well be comfortable. I can still wear some non-maternity shirts and a few dresses, but with as low as baby is, normal pants were out of the question almost 6 weeks ago!

I have looked for sales. I found some things from Gap meternity that were on sale after I found out I was pregnant in May, they still had some fall/winter things on sale in my size at that time so I snatched them up :) I have gotten leggings from Old Navy and am really happy with them. I just ordered some shirts/sweaters and skinny jeans from Motherhood. I'm waiting for them in the mail now. I also found a website called Asos. They have a limited maternity selection, but what I have found them useful for is dresses. I have a wedding coming up in October and I always like to wear a dress for Chirstmas even though it's freezing :) They have a nice "dressier" dress selection than most other maternity places.

Carrie
  • Options
    This is my first baby and have waited a long time for him/her! I'm not showing a whole lot but i bought maternity clothes at 11weeks cuz ALL of my pants especially weren't comfortable anymore so i gave in and bought some and let me tell ya they are SUPER COMFY!!!! It worked out well cuz im 16 weeks now n have grown quite a bit and the maternity pants grow with you so you don't have to buy more the bigger you get!!
  • Options
    I say go buy some maternity clothes I just went shopping this past weekend for some pants because although I could fit into mine they were uncomfortable and was happy to find out that 1. Motherhood Maternity has extremely nice clothing that doesnt look like marternity wear. 2. They should last me through my whole pregnancy unless you gain more then 45lbs I thought you had to buy clothes for each stage but am happy to know that the clothes grow with you!!
  • Options
    I sure am! Just bought them this week. You can find styles that will look nice now and later. You won't feel like you are drowning in the stretchy fabrics! Try leggings.. they are awesomely comfy!!
  • Options

I am not all that big yet either but went ahead and bought maternity pants for comfort. I was tired of fighting with the belly-band every time I went to the restroom or it rolling up and exposing my zipper.

I found a pair of jeans at Motherhood for $25 that I love and a couple of pairs of dress pants for work. The tops I am still making do with what I have and wearing cardigans, sweaters, etc. Leggings are also a good go-to staple and very comfortable.

Hope this is somewhat helpful!

• Options
    I'm 16 weeks today and have been wearing maternity pants on and off for about 2 weeks.  It's really a matter of comfort.  Once you put on the maternity pants, it'll be hard to go back - especially if you sit all day.  I stumbled across a great deal at Macy's (which carries motherhood maternity) a few weeks back - buy 2 get 1 free... and everything was on sale already!  I got a pair of jeans and two dress pants for work for under $70.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    At 16 weeks, and have been hair-banding for several weeks. I did go ahead and get some maternity tops, though, in order to cover the gap in my waistband, and I got a couple plus-size tops with ruching in the front to go around the bump and breasts. So much more comfortable, especially as I have a very tailored wardrobe - dress shirts especially that I can't tuck in anymore. I also hate shopping, so that hasn't helped the need to update my wardrobe!
  • Options
    I couldn't wear my normal trousers and blouses after week 13 and have been in leggings and some of my more tunic type sweaters since.  Week 14 I finally broke down and bought maternity clothes and some new bras.  I am definitely showing, but I am pretty petite I was 5'2" 120 pounds before pregnancy - I've gained 9 pounds and I'm at week 16!  
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and I've been wearing maternity clothes for a while now. My regular pants had gotten to tight and didn't feel like popping a button, but now I feel alot more comfortable!!
  • Options
    Absolutely key to comfort. Although I can still barely wear my reg. Pants with the Bella Band, they are not as comfortable as maternity pants. I bought some pants with a demipanel from Loft that are awesome. And the yoga pants from Motherhhod and Old Navy are great. Just trying to hold out til Spring and Summer items are out there. I felt like I was getting big very fast 16 yrs later 3rd child but I dropped my ego for comfort.
  • Options
    The bellybands really help you wear your pants longer.  You can go unbuttoned and unzipped and just cover it up with the band. I just hit up Kohl's and Target for some in between clothes, shirts and dresses with high/no waists that are looser fitting but still in the regular section.  I'm trying to hold off on actual maternity clothes until the seasons change.  It just snowed 5 inches yesterday, and will be 50+ this weekend.  So looking forward to spring so I can pull out some of my cotton dresses instead of trying to figure out how to make pants and sweaters work. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Im 16wks 4days. Ive gained so much already 25pds! Thankfully my eating habits have slowed down now, Lol! I went on a bit of an online maternity shopping spree last week I ordered from Old Navy and Motherhood! I was wearing sweats and tshirts for the past 3weeks which did nothing for my self esteem... I was so excited when my orders started to arrive a few days ago! I was unsure which styles I would like after trying them all. I opted for the secret belly ones... I love the Jessica Simpson skinny jeans they are so stylish! Old navy also has great hoodies and tanks jeans as well! Ive got plenty of room to grow in all the clothes i got they look and fit great now as well! The maternity clothes are so different from 10years ago! Im so pleasantly surprised! I feel like a million bucks in my new maternity clothes!
  • Options
    Wow. No! I haven't put on any weight. I think it's because I stopped the boozing when i got pregnant! Haha. I've lost 2 pounds instead, never got sick and been eating like a champ. I am showing though so not sure why the weight loss. Ah well, I'll just chalk it up to awesome genes. I still wear my regular clothes, for me I think I might buy some maternity jeans when it's necessary but I'll be big during summer and all of my summer dresses will work! Sweet!
  • Options
    Yes! I love the maternity jeans I got a few weeks ago! I felt a little silly getting them because some of my more stretchy jeans will still fit... Now Im wishing I had them sooner! Its just so much more comfortable not to have something adding pressure across my bump. I say if your thinking you might be needing them, and that they would be more comfortable GET EM!
  • Options
    Treat yourself and get maternity clothes! I never thought I would ever own elastic waistband pants, but they are so wonderful! It doesn't mean you are getting big, just that things are shifting around
  • Options
    I'm still wearing my regular jeans, with the addition of the beloved belly band. Some pants work well with it, others not at all. I don't seem to fit right into the maternity clothes yet... I have two friends with the same due date week believe it or not and they have bellies ! Feeling out of the loop lol, guess I should take advantage of my reg jeans a while longer... All sun dresses come summer time ;
  • Options
    I agree I am at 16 weeks for the past two weeks I have been wearing maternity clothes it's so much more comfortable!
  • Options

Yes, definitely!  This is my second pregnancy, so I actually started wearing maternity clothes at 10 weeks.  Even with my first, I think I was in maternity clothes by 12-13 weeks. 

I find you do often need some separate mid-pregnancy and late-pregnancy items.  I was pregnant during a different season last time, so my pants from my last pregnancy (worn during the third trimester) don't fit me at all -- they're huge!  I had to buy four pairs of "mid-pregnancy" pants this time around (the kind with the elastic low-belly instead of the huge spandex pull-over full belly). 

I am still wearing some non-maternity shirts and some tighter/fitted maternity shirts, and I have plenty of non-maternity stretchy empire-waisted dresses that will fit for quite a while, but other than that I've made the switch to maternity clothes.  You'll be much more comfortable.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! I'm almost 16 weeks and I can't fit most of my old pants or jeans.  Luckily I live in a hot climate and have been bumming around in loose fitting dresses all day every day!  Have just ordered a bunch of maternity clothes!  Exciting! =)
  • Options
    Same here I am 16 wks and have been wearing maternity clothes for the past few weeks as well. I refuse to try to even squeeze into any type of clothing especially my jeans for the sake of the baby and comfort. Baby comes first I could care less if I am supposed to be wearing them. Alot of skinnier girls took a while to show but every pregnancy is different and I refuse to conpare based on that.
  • Options
    Im 16.3 weeks and just sorta feeling snug inmy regular clothes. I havent gained any weight or anything the dr said.
  • Options

im 16 weeks and i have just ordered my first set of maternity jeans and maternity trousers for work.. generally i have been just wearing my looser fitted tops and alot of my dresses still fit for work. I bought a couple of maxi dresses in the next size up  which give me plenty of room for when i get bigger but trousers and jeans were a no go and were too uncomfortable to keep them on for any length of time.

Leggings have been a life send come the weekend though but im lookign forward to my maternity jeans coming  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"