2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone here that's between the ages 20-25??

2»

Re: Anyone here that's between the ages 20-25??

• Options
    imageLife4ever:

I'm not in the age group either... Im 19! Lol. But will be turning 20 in less than a month.

I've been married for 6 months and people are always shocked that I'm having a baby so soon =)

I had horrible morning sickness from the 6th week to the 10th week.

Weird cravings... Mostly Mcdonalds french fries and pickles. Or lately a salad with cottage cheese on it.

Extremely tired all the time although that seems to have gotten a little better in the last week.

I've gained about 6 pounds so far and had alot of bad headaches but im not sure if thats from the pregnancy or the fact that I messed my neck up 2 weeks ago.

Extremely thirsty at night. I will wake up in the middle of the night and chug water by the cup lol

OMG this is pretty much exactly what I was going to post! I'm 19, I've been married for 7 months. I crave McDonalds fries and pickles ALL the time, I'm always tired, and I keep 2 bottles of water on our night stand for when I wake up dying of thirst. And sleeping is a chore that I almost dread; my right hip and leg hurt so bad when I lay down!

• Options
    imagesjBear123:
    imageMISSD123:
    imageJILLY427:

imageLambie.:
    I am not in that age range so clearly I can not relate to your pregnancy.

THIS!  I am also wondering why the restriction on the age...I usually just lurk on the site but I am very interested in why you think someone older than 25 couldn't possibly have suggestions for you. 

I never said that someone older couldn't have suggestions for me. The purpose of this, was to find people in my age range that were in the same boat as me. Lately, I'v only seen a lot of older women's comments and I wanted some suggestions from a younger crowd. Sorry if I offended you.

LOL, I'm not offended but it'll be funny when you're 29 and someone's calling you an older woman!  ;)  (Like I said, still not offended... just found it amusing) 

Well My younger sis. (she's 17) calls me old..lol But ok.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsG.060708:

imageAndreaLatham:
    I am only 23 and pregnant, I'd rather talk to someone older and who has already had a child- mom's know best! :)

I'm 24 but I have already had a child...does that mean you don't want to talk to me? Stick out tongue

Same here!

• Options

imageMothyrGrimm:
    I'm 21 and will be when munchkin is born as well. So far my pregnancy has been pretty decent. I had no morning sickness at all, but I have developed gallstones which SUUUUCK! So I can't eat anything other then fruit and veggies until LO is born and I can have surgery.... I can't sleep either, and once I do I have non stop dreams... some of which are super insane. My bp has stayed very low, even dropped down to below 100 so I have to be careful about moving around too much because I'll pass out. As for experiences, everyone always says how young me and DH (24) are and how we're ruining out lives, which is completely typical but what do you do? We're super happy and super excited so I don't care. As for fun me and DH are both into aquarium keeping so a lot of time is devoted to that and as of right now I'm on a huge sewing kick and in the middle of designing and making all of munchkins bedding since I can't find any I like. lol

I get those rude comments also, But I'm learning to Ignore them. I'll be 22 when LO is born and hubby just turned 23. We are super excited also. How did you get gall stones??

• Options
    imagemagel050485:

Im 26 but Im going to participate anyways. 

I couldnt tell you how far along I was when I found out.  I know that sounds bad but I had miscarried, had no AF, and gotten pregnant again at the same time my grandmother passed away.  One day we just tested and to our surprise it was positive.  I haven't had any m/s or other horrible symptoms.  I just go back and forth between incredibly tired and sleeping all day to insomnia (but I have always done that)

As far as fun things to do.... I do exactly what I did when I wasn't pregnant.  My sister is also pregnant (she is 19) and my SIL is pregnant (she is 21) and they are the same.  Tomorrow night my SIL is going on a bar crawl.  She is the photographer and just drinks cranberry juice at the bars.  We went to a fish fry/ beer tent tonight to catch up with people we grew up with.  My sister went to Six Flags last week and hung out in the lazy river. I play outside with my puppy and nephew, garden (not that its fun but its part of home ownership), shop, go out with friends, go to the community pool and waterpark.  Next week is a local festival and we will be out there almost every night listening to the bands,catching up with friends at the beer tent, and drinking lemon shake ups all night long. I love going anywhere that I can show off my bump because Im so proud of it.  I look young (like Im still in high school) and my wedding band doesn't fit so I sometimes get looks from people thinking Im an irresponsible teen mom but who cares? I know where I am in life and Im ready for this so I dont care what strangers think.  HTH!

Aww..Sorry about your losses. And the lazy pool sounds like so much fun right now. lol Sounds like you never really sleep. I can't seem to stay up past 11pm unless I was already sleep and I woke up to pee. lol And I am always told that I look like I'm in high school but I will be 22 in August. Good Luck on the LO.

• Options

imageFranchesca1208:
    I'm 23! I've been uncomfortable at night and constipation(yuck!). Also, an achy back sometimes.

Achy back is me too and I figured out a way to sleep at night now. I have a huge body pillow and I just lay directly on it. It's soft so it helps a lot.

• Options
    imageJoAnna914:
    imagesjBear123:
    imageMISSD123:
    imageJILLY427:

imageLambie.:

THIS!  I am also wondering why the restriction on the age...I usually just lurk on the site but I am very interested in why you think someone older than 25 couldn't possibly have suggestions for you. 

I never said that someone older couldn't have suggestions for me. The purpose of this, was to find people in my age range that were in the same boat as me. Lately, I'v only seen a lot of older women's comments and I wanted some suggestions from a younger crowd. Sorry if I offended you.

LOL, I'm not offended but it'll be funny when you're 29 and someone's calling you an older woman!  ;)  (Like I said, still not offended... just found it amusing) 

LOL - I guess at 38, I'm downright ancient!!!

(BTW - at 38, not a bit of m/s, not tired, and felt awesome throughout my first tri and now in my second tri, feeling even better!  See?  Not that different than someone who's 22.) 

Well depends on the person. But most ppl older already have plenty of kids.

• Options
    imageAmyLaurel89:
    imageMISSD123:
    imagechristinaramirez08:
    imageMrsT2008:

imageLambie.:

This.  I just missed the cut-off too.  If only I hadn't turned 26 in April.

I'm trying to figure out what my age has to do with my pregnancy experience thus far.

Why don't you ladies relax a little bit. She obviously just wants to find people in her age group and relate to them. It's not always easy for a young pregnant woman to fit in when a lot of the women on here are in their late 20's to early 30's.

So many women are having babies later in life, so I don't blame her for wanting to connect with other girls her age. I'll be 30 in September and see nothing wrong with this at all. So lighten up and give her a break...geez!!!

Thank you!! Atleast someone understands!

I gotchya MissD. Age can impact the way you view pregnancy and they way people treat you as  pregnant person. Obviously age isn't the only factor but it can mean you're in a different stage of life. I've been curious just as you have who among us is in my age range and possibly dealing with the same stuff as me.  (I mean stuff like people telling me I'm too young to have kids and that I'm not being a responsible adult... yeah, I've heard just about everything. Tell me how getting married and starting a family is irresponsible. I don't get that.)  Anyway, I appreciate this thread and like you, I'm sorry a few posters took wrong which it clearly wasn't meant to be rude. 

It's perfectly fine! And I'm glad like my thread! Thanks!

• Options

imageLauraElizabeth85:
    I am 25 but will be (almost) 26 when LO arrives (EDD and my bday are 8 days apart)

Awww... thats cute!

• Options

imageLauraElizabeth85:
    I am 25 but will be (almost) 26 when LO arrives (EDD and my bday are 8 days apart)

Awww... thats cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"