2nd Trimester
Options

Push Presents...

Re: Push Presents...

• Options
    imageKeena80:
    imageBecExpecting:
    A "push present" sounds like the surprise turd that can come out during delivery.

LOL, it kinda does, doesn't it? 

I've decided to call mine that if it happens to me. Here ya go, doc, I got you a push present! :)

• Options

imageBecExpecting:
    A "push present" sounds like the surprise turd that can come out during delivery.

Bwahahahah!!!  I agree - push present sounds silly.  I did, however, hint that an acknowledgement of Mother's Day would be nice, even though LO won't be here yet. 

Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Loading the player...
  • Options

No on both counts. I'm not that frivolous

But I would be happy with some flowers and H is always good about getting my favs: sterling roses?

• Options

A friend of our's had mentioned this before so it's turned into a joke between me and DH. This friend is pretty materialistic and said things like "I better get a brand new whatever for my push present or I'll be mad." (For example a brand new Tiffany's ring or bigger diamonds or whatever.) So we pick absurdly ridiculous things and say you better get me blah blah blah for a push present. It's been anything from cars to computers to crazy trips we could never afford (a vacation in an over water hut on a private island with full butler service anyone?). The best part is that he says he deserves the present for putting up with the abuse I'll be giving him during labor and delivery.

I know that's a long way of saying...yes, I've mentioned it to him but only as a joke.

• Options
    I have already requested wine and sushi.  I really hope he brings me some sushi to the hospital.  That would make me super happy!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    JDOJDO member
    I mentioned it to DH...I mentioned how ridiculous I think it is.
  • Options

I've mentioned 'push presents' to my DH a while ago and he just laughed it off. But he is buying me a new car around the time LO is due so, I'll consider that my push present and my bday gift ---  i turn 30 4 days after LO is due!

I dont expect anything for Mother's Day.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I basically expect my husband to STAY PUT with me at the hospital, so if I want food, I'm kinda out of luck.
  • Options

imageagrundman:
    Not me! I didn't even know what a push present was until I joined the Bump.

THIS...I am still wondering what a sip and see is as well...

• Options

imageBecExpecting:

Trying to not LOL!  That was to funny!

• Options

imageBecExpecting:

I THINK I LOVE YOU!!! that was beyond funny!

• Options
    All this talk of food being brought by SO/DH will actually mean NOTHING if you have a c-section. At least, it was no solid food for me! Not only can you not eat whatever you want, you won't want to because you will feel so sick to your stomach! At least I did. My first meal after birth? BEEF BROTH! I couldn't have solids until the day I was actually discharged....not fun, not fun at all!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I haven't mentioned a push present or Mother's Day gift to DH. I don't even think DH has heard of a push present. LO is a gift enough, I know that sounds cheesy. If DH decides to get me something for Mother's Day that's great. If not, I won't really care. Next year is a definite though for Mother's Day, he would know that.
  • Options
    All I have asked for is for DH to ensure I get a drink as soon as humanly possible.  I would like a Mimosa please.
  • Options

DS was born 2 days after my birthday... so I think DH just went all out for my birthday that year and got me extra stuff. Nothing was labeled a "push present".

I am not bringing up anything with this pregnancy; however, if he chooses to go out & purchase me a surprise on his own... I will gladly accept.

• Options
    imagehippotree:

I didn't, but I did have a long list of carbohydrate-laden food that I wanted to eat as soon after delivery as possible (I had GD).

And I have already posted before that my H went out and got me a push present on his own, and it was perfect.

TEQUILA!!!! Idea = Brilliant!

• Options

Hahaha...

I have requested a rather LARGE beer, to go with my LARGE mashed potato and bacon pizza from Bar in New Haven.

Nothing goes better together than beer and pizza.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I jokingly asked him what I was getting for a "push present."  He wasn't amused, ha!  I think the whole idea of it is a bump construct, because most of us have never heard of it off this site!
  • Options

imageagrundman:
    Not me! I didn't even know what a push present was until I joined the Bump.

This.  I just can't wait to see our little girl. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

all i've said is that i want NO balloons or clowns. i can't stand them! also,i hate balloons! and that's just a warning for him to make sure no one brings that into the room...or my house!

Now, if he wants to get me something, i won't say no!

Not expecting anything, but he likes to get me stuff and surprise me so i won't be shocked if he does have a present!

• Options

My bday is on mother's day this year. I told DH that a prenatal facial and massage is what i really want and my esthetician said since i'm a mom to be I would get a mother's day deal. But technically it's not me asking for a mother's day gift, it's just taking advantage of a deal to get what i really want as a bday gift Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Don't flame me, but this is me.  I think it is important and should be celebrated.  As for Mother's Day, I am a mother to my baby born or unborn.  My husband actually started asking for ideas before I could suggest them....so I know he is okay with this.

I am not demanding a present but I want to celebrate our child's birth in special way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is something I just don't get. 

• Options

Yup, told him I wanted one.  He had already planned on it.  I made no mention of what I would like, he picks out excellent presents and I always like them.

And yes to Mother's Day.  Only because I already planned on getting him a Father's Day present.

Sue me.  I like presents.  Whatever.

BFP 8/18/09 cycle #7
    Missed m/c 9/16/09 (7w6d, baby measuring 6w1d)
    D&E 9/25/09 at 9w1d
    BFP 11/25/09 1st cycle after D&E
    DS born @36w2d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~~~Labor Buddy to And Ketch~~~ BFPB to LoveBeingAWife33008

• Options
    I tease DH that I get push presents.  He actually got me a spa package after DD#1 because I had a real rough time having her and was having a lot of back pain.
  • Options
    I didn't ask for anything but I am now thinking that I might ask for a mocha from Starbucks and some kind of FOOOOOOOOOOD! I don't think its too much! HA HA
  • Options

Having my DH BE there would be present enough!!

He'll be finishing his schooling for the Marines and they kinda dont see birth as a reason to get outta class. Which is a good thing in the long run i guess.

Were praying i go into labor on a friday night/saturday lolz

• Options
    The only thing I'm looking forward to is a nice piece of chicken parm and a big yummy latte after it's all over (can't stand tomato sauce since pg, and watching caffeine). As long as DH chips in with diaper duty and feeding once LO goes on pumping/bottle routine, that's the best I could ever ask for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had made a comment to DH about what one was because I think it's funny more then anything, and his response was: "I just bought you a house, what more do you want?"  Though I'd take sushi and booze when I get home.  I really do miss sushi.

I don't want a mother's day present, as I think that's weird as well, but we did buy grandmother presents for our parents for mother's day.

• Options

imagesweetcaroline10:
    Just saying "push present" out loud makes me want to Ick!

along with "babymoon"...

• Options
    imagemonkiem:

Hahaha...

I have requested a rather LARGE beer, to go with my LARGE mashed potato and bacon pizza from Bar in New Haven.

Nothing goes better together than beer and pizza.

this sounds absolutely fab!  DH is always in New Haven for work.  We may need to have this pizza next week...

• Options

Me, just now: I don't want a push present

DH: a what?

(I explained the concept)

Me: I also don't need a mother's day present this year

DH: I want a birthday kick.

Me: ((blank stare. DH's birthday is in October))

DH: Not a kick from you! A kick from the baby!

Me: You know the baby will be like 3 months old then, right?!

DH: When is Father's Day!?

Me: Ohhhh...((realizes he said father's day kick, not birthday)) (DH mumbles)

And so go the gift discussions in our little family here. We're not huge present people.

• Options
    imageshandy07:

imageBecExpecting:

Hahaha! This made me LOL at work. Now all of my co-workers are wondering why I am laughing to myself.

DH just gave me a strange look after I read this and gigglesnorted!  He asked what I wanted and I said "A glass of wine... no, a bottle... no, wait - a CASE of wine. At the hospital. Right after she's born!"  He suggested just getting me the vineyard.  I think that works.  

We will be out of town for Mother's Day, which also happens to be our 1st anniversary!  We're staying at the beach with family; one cousin is due 9 days after me, so her DH and my DH are making everyone breakfast.  That's the best present ever, in my book - chillin' with my fam and hubby making me food!  yes! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I did....I asked for a new pair of tennis shoes so i could return to zumba as soon as possible.  I got my gift...and i'm wearing them out now!!Smile

• Options
    What is a push present?  And can you get one if you are having a planned c-section?  No pushing going on.  LOL
  • Options
    I've never really asked about it...but DH generally does something sweet, and since finding out we're expecting #3 he has continually asked me what I want and talked about different things. I'd be happy with a giant plate of sushi though ^_^
  • Options

I think my husband is getting me a Mother's Day gift...just by comments that he has made. This baby has been a long time coming....3 IVF's! So I will gladly celebrate this Mother's Day, because the past 3 Mother's Days have not been the best for me! As for the Puch Present, I am not expecting anything...just having a baby in my arms will be good enough for me!!!

• Options

Yeah, that is about what I expect....but mine is sushi and

it will likely be our cousins who bring it.  :)

• Options
    imagemsbern09:

I didn't even get flowers when K was born.
    All I told him was - i better at least get a freaking flower this time.

LOL!

This, he swears he thought I didn't like flowers. What?!?

• Options
    No push present when my daughter was born 6 1/2 years ago and no expectations for the new baby.  Getting my little boy is gift enough for me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"