3rd Trimester
Options

XP: Carson's Mario World Nursery PIP

Re: XP: Carson's Mario World Nursery PIP

• Options

coolest.nursery.ever.

Seriously - what a lucky little boy to have such creative parents!  Great job! 

• Options
    imagecedge05:
    imageshaena1407:
    imageanvloveskme:
    imageCakemom10:

Love it.. just showed DH and I think he wants to run upstairs and start repainting!!!

THIS - DH totally loved it...I had no idea he would be into that (we are having a girl, but if LO was a boy, I figured he would want a sports theme!).  Nice work!  How long did that take? 

It took us 10 hours to print out all the pages, then maybe 6 hours to put it all up on the walls (DH did it himself because I'm on modified bed-rest).

I'm still trying to figure out how you did  this.  So, when you printed it out were they printed on 8.5 x 11 paper?  Then you put them all up?  Can you see the  seams?  I love the nursery.  I had to show my DH and he said it was awesome.

It was all printed on 8.5 x 11 regular computer paper, then each one was put up with sticky-tak. You can kind of see the seams, it depends on the light. If you look back at the original pictures that are taken in sunlight, you can see the texture of the different pages. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Here is a pic of DH doing the 3rd wall so you can see the process in action!  (:

• Options

coolest nursery ever! hopefully your LO won't get too awfully overstimulated by all the colors etc.  DS was very easily overstimulated as a newborn...just being held made him practically inconsolable! 

awesome job! i'm totally stealing this idea for a playroom. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Very creative!  NMS, but still creative! :) Definitely over-stimulating (we have to have black-out curtains in DS's room)! lol

I'm curious - how does it look up close (like the quality)?  Another poster in another thread made a good point - be careful about the sunlight coming in the room or it'll fade.

Again, great job.  I'm sure he'll love the room when he's older.

• Options
    I love it!
  • Options
    That is amazing! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So fun!! We'd never be able to pull it off. O was too distracted by the contrast of his crib slats against the tan wall to sleep in his room at first, lol. I would LOVE something like this for a play room, though!
  • Options
    No freakin' way!
  • Options

Glad other mama's agree about the stimulation.

I am not jealous of the room- far from it- I am just being honest with the OP. It looks great- but would be better suited as a playroom. Little ones DO get overstimulated VERY easily.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is so cool!  Great idea!
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

Glad other mama's agree about the stimulation.

I am not jealous of the room- far from it- I am just being honest with the OP. It looks great- but would be better suited as a playroom. Little ones DO get overstimulated VERY easily.

I just think its kind of rude for you to come out and say. She spent hours upon hours doing it, and it's done, so its not like she's going to take it all down and start again just because you think her kid will be overstimulated. So all that saying that does is make her feel bad.

Other posters were more constructive in suggesting black-out blinds for naptime, etc. That is helpful.

Your comment was not.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    I love it!!!!
  • Options
    ctanactana member
    imageStacyc625:

I don't mind being the dissenting opinion here- but how do you expect your kid to sleep? lol- WAY too much going on in there.

yes its cute and origional- but definitely not sleep endusing.

It's definitely creative and original. However I wouldn't call it "baby" friendly.  Babies don't know what Mario World is. That's more appropriate for an older boy.  

And how quickly will you grow tired of that? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

I don't mind being the dissenting opinion here- but how do you expect your kid to sleep? lol- WAY too much going on in there.

You can't see walls when it's dark....Confused

• Options
    image**Purr-Fection**:
    imageStacyc625:

You can't see walls when it's dark....Confused

Babies don't only sleep at night.

• Options
    That is awesome! It looks amazing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15
  • Options
    ctanactana member
    imagepiecesofflare:
    imageStacyc625:

right- because having bullets headed towards the crib and pipes with plant eating are calm and soothing.

I think it's hilarious that you think a newborn is going to be worried about the bullets and plants in pipes.

Be careful. This kind of thinking turns into what toddler is going to be worried about guns and fighting?  Do you see where I am going with this?

Seriously, all things in moderation, however, this is a bit over stimulating and I'd be way more worried about me hating this room or growing tired of it in about 2 months and planning on what I'd be doing to make it more transitional into the toddler years and beyond. Not to mention not wanting to endorse video games at such a young age. But that's just me. 

I think it's commendable the time, effort and creativity that went into this. It's a very specific look and not everyone would be into this. Thanks for sharing! I am sure a lot of people will think this is way cool.

• Options

This is NMS but it is still AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am laughing at someone saying that this is not for a baby because a baby does not know who Mario is. Like babies really know who Pooh or any other popular nursey theme is. They are babies.

• Options
    wow, this is really unique. i so like this better than the "usual" stuff. i actually like that's it's a lot to see. i'm fascinated with it!
  • Options

I think you guys did an awesome job!  And to all you haters...get over it, it is not in your house! 

We did a pirate theme for our little guys room, he will not understand it or even know what the heck it is, but my older two kids had so much fun helping us pick everything out and decorating it....

Canon 60D: Canon 50mm 1.8 & 85mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4
  • Options
    imageMorissaW:

I am laughing at someone saying that this is not for a baby because a baby does not know who Mario is. Like babies really know who Pooh or any other popular nursey theme is. They are babies.

This times 100!

I think this is the neatest nursery I have ever seen. You all did a great job!

• Options

I'm lurking but I just wanted to let you know that I think this is the coolest nursery I've ever seen!

My DH would be so jealous! 

• Options

This nursery is cool as hell. 

We also went with a Nintendo theme but it's much more subdued- DH calls it the "nerd-sery". 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    ctanactana member
    imageMotherBucker:
    imageMorissaW:

This times 100!

I think this is the neatest nursery I have ever seen. You all did a great job!

Ha ha. It was me, and after I posted it I realized how idiotic I sounded. My point was you don't see a lot of Mario themed BABY furnishings, that's all. And it would take years [hopefully] for a baby to even know what Mario is, whereas they'd likely know what a bear or giraffe or Pooh is. 

• Options

Kudos to you for spending the time you did on the project.  It does look like it took a lot of effort.  I would just research somehow sealing it so the papers don't start to pull away from the wall.

As others have said, NMS, but I'm not big fan of any type of themed nurseries.  :)

• Options

Well ladies, might I say that I am flattered this is still being posted on!  (:

Thank you to all the ladies that have said how awesome it is!  We worked really hard on it and it's always a cool feeling when people like your work.

To the rest, for the record, I'm not worried that my child won't be able to sleep in the room, that he won't understand what Mario is, or that he will turn into a gun-toting toddler!  **laughing SO hard at that post**

How much of the nursery did you design for your LO and how much of it was your taste?  How do you know that your LO is going to like the safari theme you picked out for them before they were even born? Let's just be honest that MOST of what gets put onto nursery walls is what YOU want to look at while you're in there with them.

My point is, we designed the nursery for something we liked as kids. By the time our son knows what Mario is, he'll probably be old enough to have an opinion of what he wants his room to be, and we'll take it all down and do what he wants.  *Has spoken her peace*  (:

• Options
    Probably one of the coolest nursery themes/decor I have ever seen!  Awesome!!!
  • Options
    This is amazing! It looks fantastic! Very creative.
  • Options

your nursery rocks.  I am married to a gamer/geek and he want this room for himself... scratch the future nursery...lol

I saw you posted DH printed this himself.  Can you elaborate more I am very interested.. My sister is having a baby boy in August 2010

TIA

Beth 

• Options

your nursery rocks.  I'm married to a gamer-geek and he want this room for himself... scratch the future nursery...lol

I saw you posted DH printed this himself.  Can you elaborate more I am very interested.. My sister is having a baby boy in August 2010

TIA

Beth 
  • Options
    so stinking cute girly. congrats love the theme you did amazing
  • Options
    This is honestly the coolest nursery I have ever seen.......great job!
  • Options
    imageshaena1407:

Well ladies, might I say that I am flattered this is still being posted on!  (:

Thank you to all the ladies that have said how awesome it is!  We worked really hard on it and it's always a cool feeling when people like your work.

To the rest, for the record, I'm not worried that my child won't be able to sleep in the room, that he won't understand what Mario is, or that he will turn into a gun-toting toddler!  **laughing SO hard at that post**

How much of the nursery did you design for your LO and how much of it was your taste?  How do you know that your LO is going to like the safari theme you picked out for them before they were even born? Let's just be honest that MOST of what gets put onto nursery walls is what YOU want to look at while you're in there with them.

My point is, we designed the nursery for something we liked as kids. By the time our son knows what Mario is, he'll probably be old enough to have an opinion of what he wants his room to be, and we'll take it all down and do what he wants.  *Has spoken her peace*  (:

You deserve all the props in the world for the time, effort and creativity that went into this. So cool! And you're right - parents design their nurseries how THEY would like it. So what if what you did doesn't last five years? You did it, and it is awesome. I can only imagine how hard it was to take parts of an image and blow them up and then piece them back together. This nursery definitely belongs in a room bio. BTW, I was wondering if maybe having the pictures made into huge stickers for wall murals would make it last longer? But as I said, it doesn't have to last forever. With this kind of creativity, you guys will likely want to redo his room into something new and clever in a couple of years.

Married 4.22.06. Birth of Ashlyn Elizabeth 2.6.10. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    You did an AMAZING job and you should be happy with the result after so much work.  All the other people complaining should just think that its not their nursery so really what's it to them?  Plus not all babies are fidgety and overstimulated, my baby could sleep in a construction zone. As long as you like it that's all that matters, you will be the one spending endless hours in it, so congratz on being extremely creative!
  • Options

Can you repost the pics somewhere?  They are no longer available.

Thanks!

• Options

imagedinky077:
    This room is awesome! If it were up to my DH we would have a World of Warcraft themed room.  lol

Same with my DH! He's already suggested Arthas as a name.  

• Options
    Nursery!? I want this for my room! I'm a total Mario geek, have all the games (even though I have no time to play them anymore), the ringtone on my phone, t-shirts, but I never thought of using it for wallpaper. I can't tell you how awesome I think it is and I think the light blue sky makes it work PERFECTLY for a bedroom. You should totally market your skills on this one! And the options are endless.......
  • Options

This is by far the most amazing nursery I have seen. Your creativity is something to be jealous of..... which I think is what the haters are really the most upset about.

Your LO will love it!

• Options

Thanks for posting this.  My husband and I were planning a Mario/classic games theme for our nursery if we have a boy.  We've gone back and forth with which version of Mario to use.  He is in favor of the Super Mario World - so I think you've helped him in that regard :)

Thanks for sharing your "how tos" as well.  I think we're planning on going with paint, but it was great to see how things could look!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"