3rd Trimester

XP: Carson's Mario World Nursery PIP

We recently finished our son's Mario World themed nursery:

Re: XP: Carson's Mario World Nursery PIP

• this is AWESOME!!!!! How did you do all of that? Seriously, I would love the details! s0o0o cool!
  • uumm this is pretty much the most amazing nursery I have ever seen! I am so jealous!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Love it.. just showed DH and I think he wants to run upstairs and start repainting!!!

Is that all painted or decals???

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Very original and totally adorable. Love it!!!
  • Oh My Gosh! That is so awesome and so cute! I am totally jealous and I think Liam is too! DH would want to completely re-do our nursery if he saw this!

I LOVE IT!

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 ~ Cycle 7
  • OH MY GOSH!!!! I think I went with the wrong theme! That nursery is amazing! How did you do the wall paper? So unique and fun!
  • This is the coolest nursery I have seen ever!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i wish i had been more creative now...

• I love it!  It looks awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't mind being the dissenting opinion here- but how do you expect your kid to sleep? lol- WAY too much going on in there.

yes its cute and origional- but definitely not sleep endusing.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Omg my DH would freak if he saw this!!
  • JDOJDO member
    I love it! Did you make the toadstool mobile and star pillow, or did you find them to buy somewhere?
  • imageStacyc625:

I don't mind being the dissenting opinion here- but how do you expect your kid to sleep? lol- WAY too much going on in there.

What? are you seriously saying her LO wont be able to sleep because there is too much to look at on the walls? Sad

• That is AMAZING!!!! what a great idea!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you!  It was most definitely DH's idea!  (;

How we did it:

We played the actual game (Super Mario World) on DH's computer, taking screen shots as we played. Then we made the images for each wall in Paint, and rasterbated the images to blow them up huge (using Rasterbator, a free online program). It took us about 10 hours to print out all of the pages (each file size was HUGE).  DH then put all the pages up with sticky-tak!

I initially thought it was going to be too many colors and be too busy, but now that it's done, we both love it!

That is just tooo adorable
    2. imageStacyc625:

I don't mind being the dissenting opinion here- but how do you expect your kid to sleep? lol- WAY too much going on in there.

I was unaware that babies needed tan walls to sleep at night... humm...

3. imageJDO:
      I love it! Did you make the toadstool mobile and star pillow, or did you find them to buy somewhere?

We bought the star pillow on eBay, and I made the crib mobile (bought 4 small plush toadstool keychains, sewed the green fabric covers, then put it all together).  I still have to attach the music-box thing though.

4. That is so creative! Very nice!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

5. imageCakemom10:

Love it.. just showed DH and I think he wants to run upstairs and start repainting!!!

THIS - DH totally loved it...I had no idea he would be into that (we are having a girl, but if LO was a boy, I figured he would want a sports theme!).  Nice work!  How long did that take? 

6. imageshaena1407:
      imageStacyc625:

I was unaware that babies needed tan walls to sleep at night... humm...

yeah...I don't get that either. I have never heard someone say that. Your LO will be just fine! You are so creative!!  

7. That is sooo cool, I had to show my DH. I loved Super Mario as a kid/still do! It's a shame some people have to hate on it.....think she needs more ice for her "hater-ade"?????
      Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    8. imagecutekissis101:
      imageStacyc625:

What? are you seriously saying her LO wont be able to sleep because there is too much to look at on the walls? Sad

right- because having bullets headed towards the crib and pipes with plant eating are calm and soothing.

yes its cool and origional- just saying- it would be better suited for a play room- not a nursery.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    9. imageanvloveskme:
      imageCakemom10:

Love it.. just showed DH and I think he wants to run upstairs and start repainting!!!

THIS - DH totally loved it...I had no idea he would be into that (we are having a girl, but if LO was a boy, I figured he would want a sports theme!).  Nice work!  How long did that take? 

It took us 10 hours to print out all the pages, then maybe 6 hours to put it all up on the walls (DH did it himself because I'm on modified bed-rest).

10. That is awesome!!  I think DH will totally steal that idea if we ever have a boy, lol!!
    11. imageStacyc625:
      imagecutekissis101:
      imageStacyc625:

right- because having bullets headed towards the crib and pipes with plant eating are calm and soothing.

WOW.  Talk about MUD.  Settle down, your LO doesn't have to sleep in there.  

12. imageStacyc625:
      imagecutekissis101:
      imageStacyc625:

Sounds like someone is Jealous of a really creative idea. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    13. I have never seen anything so creative as this.... completely awesome.
    14. This room is awesome! If it were up to my DH we would have a World of Warcraft themed room.  lol
    15. imageKKWISC:
      imageStacyc625:
      imagecutekissis101:
      imageStacyc625:

Sounds like someone is Jealous of a really creative idea. 

THIS! Maybe she should have put the time she spent hating on this amazing nursery towards learning how to spell "inducing" correctly...

16. I was lurking and seen this. This is freaking awesome!!! Me and my husband are huge Mario fans. We both basically lost it when we seen this lol. That's very creative. I would have never thought to do something like this. I LOVE it!!!!!!
    17. That is awesome!

18. YesI love it! The colors are awesome!!!

19. I love it!!  I'm so jealous!!
      Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
    20. imageStacyc625:
      imagecutekissis101:
      imageStacyc625:

yes its cool and origional- just saying- it would be better suited for a play room- not a nursery.

Wtf does endusing mean? Do you mean INDUCING? If you knew anything, you'd know that babies love bright colors and are very drawn to them, which helps with their brain development.

I think it is so unique and creative! I just showed DH and he thinks the same.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    21. AlikiAliki member
      How cute!!!!!
      TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
      TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
      Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
      Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    22. I think that's the coolest mural I've ever seen! I loooove Mario!
    23. imageshaena1407:
      imageanvloveskme:
      imageCakemom10:

It took us 10 hours to print out all the pages, then maybe 6 hours to put it all up on the walls (DH did it himself because I'm on modified bed-rest).

I'm still trying to figure out how you did  this.  So, when you printed it out were they printed on 8.5 x 11 paper?  Then you put them all up?  Can you see the  seams?  I love the nursery.  I had to show my DH and he said it was awesome.

Missing our Little Pumpkin BFP 2-19-09, MC 3-1-09 Mommy and Daddy miss you and love you so very much! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "