St. Louis Babies

Pregnancy as Pre-Existing Condition

hello!

I'm new to The Bump... I am expecting twins in April and my health insurance has ruled my pregnancy a pre-existing condition and denied maternity coverage.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I would love to talk to someone else who is...to know I'm not the only one.

Not looking for advice.  Thanks!

Re: Pregnancy as Pre-Existing Condition

• Sad  I wish I could offer some help.  Good Luck!
  • I've been worried about this, too.  My husband has insurance through his company, but as soon as my job works up to full time, I'll have full, better benefits - and I'm concerned that my pregnancy won't be covered.  ARGH.

Another concern of ours - he's really been itching to get another job - but feels stuck because of this insurance issue... and it's the only reason he's not actively looking.  I can't really go 3 months without insurance at this point... no pregnant woman should... sucks. 

• image elise603:

I've been worried about this, too.  My husband has insurance through his company, but as soon as my job works up to full time, I'll have full, better benefits - and I'm concerned that my pregnancy won't be covered.  ARGH.

Another concern of ours - he's really been itching to get another job - but feels stuck because of this insurance issue... and it's the only reason he's not actively looking.  I can't really go 3 months without insurance at this point... no pregnant woman should... sucks. 

HIPPA law prevents insurance companies from making pregnancy a "pre-exsisting condition."  There are some loopholes, so you just need to make sure you inform yourself before switching to your insurance or your husband switching jobs.  Here is a pretty good article to get you started:

http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/phealthcare/0,,midwife_46wb,00.html

Note:  this advice is for you and not the OP since she didn't want any

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards