St. Louis Babies

Pregnancy as Pre-Existing Condition

hello!

I'm new to The Bump... I am expecting twins in April and my health insurance has ruled my pregnancy a pre-existing condition and denied maternity coverage.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I would love to talk to someone else who is...to know I'm not the only one.

Not looking for advice.  Thanks!

Re: Pregnancy as Pre-Existing Condition

• Zip it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sad  I wish I could offer some help.  Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been worried about this, too.  My husband has insurance through his company, but as soon as my job works up to full time, I'll have full, better benefits - and I'm concerned that my pregnancy won't be covered.  ARGH.

Another concern of ours - he's really been itching to get another job - but feels stuck because of this insurance issue... and it's the only reason he's not actively looking.  I can't really go 3 months without insurance at this point... no pregnant woman should... sucks. 

• imageelise603:

I've been worried about this, too.  My husband has insurance through his company, but as soon as my job works up to full time, I'll have full, better benefits - and I'm concerned that my pregnancy won't be covered.  ARGH.

Another concern of ours - he's really been itching to get another job - but feels stuck because of this insurance issue... and it's the only reason he's not actively looking.  I can't really go 3 months without insurance at this point... no pregnant woman should... sucks. 

HIPPA law prevents insurance companies from making pregnancy a "pre-exsisting condition."  There are some loopholes, so you just need to make sure you inform yourself before switching to your insurance or your husband switching jobs.  Here is a pretty good article to get you started:

https://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/phealthcare/0,,midwife_46wb,00.html

Note:  this advice is for you and not the OP since she didn't want any

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"