Parenting
Options

Bump Contest: Share a pregnancy/post-pregnancy fitness tip

Re: Bump Contest: Share a pregnancy/post-pregnancy fitness tip

• Options

My Fit Mama plan....

F un excercises are easier, bellydance anyone? :)

I will be a fit mama - Positive affirmation, you will do it!

T aylor my diet to reflect my goal - pass the veggies please..

M ommy & me walks for fitness, fun & friendship :)

A moment on the lips... I shall refrain from temptation!

M ama's milk - nursing, need i say more?!

A ccessorize - belly bandt, spanx, new mama bling! 

Fit mama, happy mama, happy baby! xoxo

• Options
    The best tip i can give regarding to being fit through out pregnancy and after is simple:
    From Baby to Bikini: Keep Your Midsection Toned SAFELY during  
    Pregnancy and Flatten Your Abdominals FAST after You Have Your Baby
    This book is awesome!(even if the title is a little long)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Breastfeeding helped me lose weight fast.  Also taking walks and dancing around the house holding my beautiful girl help me to be active.
  • Options
    Include your new baby in your exercise, join a stroller fit class w/your baby and meet new moms just like you!  You'll exercise, get out of the house and have fun!!!
  • Options
    After nine months of your body going through numerous changes, many of which you do not like or enjoy, your newborn is here and it's time to lose the excess weight you have most likely gained. You can speed the process of regaining your pre-pregnancy shape by exercising regularly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Find something you love to do. Swimming can be the best exercise during pregnancy and beyond. The weightless feeling can take a lot of pressure off of your back. And if you get addicted to how fun it is during pregnancy then you will want to continue after!
  • Options
    continue what you were doing before, ignore all the "you're eating for two comments" and make sure to continue to weigh/measure yourself as you admire every extra baby inch :)
  • Options
    Breastfeeding and walking.  My son would get cranky EVERYDAY around 4, so I would wear him in my front carrier and walk for about 1 hour everyday.  The added weight of him made my body work harder and kept him happy.  Breastfeeding also was a great help, even though I was hungrier, the weight melted away.
  • Options
    Believe it or not.., since dd was sensitive to caffiene (and Im a MAJOR coffee drinker) I substituted out a cup of half caf for green tea. I swear that one cup a day worked for me! I only hope it works with baby #2!! (Just found out its a boy!)
  • Options

Best piece of advice: it is never too late to start!  Keep up on your exercise, no matter what.  If you slack for a bit, so what, pick right back up again. 

People get freaked out when you talk about exercise.  Remember, it doesn't have to be anything crazy.  Just get moving: swimming, walking, stretching...

Spend some time on an exercise ball, it really helps with your hips and low back.

These things truly make you feel better throughout pregnancy and after!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Educate yourself. Eating healthy I believe is the single most important thing when you are growing a little one inside you. With all the horrible things they put in foods these days, its important to know exactly what your putting in your mouth cuz its going right into the babys as well.

Be patient. You just spent 9 months putting on a few extra lb's to help support another life system. Its not gonna come off right away. Breast feed if your willing and can. Get outside! Find new moms in your area and walk together. Its always nice to have support. Enjoy nature with your new little one!

• Options
    I loved the baby yoga we did after Charlotte was born- her weight was always the right amount of resistance for the stage we were in :) She is a little too big and too mobile for me to use her while pg with #2 right now though :P
  • Options

Breastfeeding and cutting out dairy products did the trick for me!  I also take my daughter on frequent walks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    no bragging but i lost 20 pounds in 7 DAYS!! no kidding. I wore the belly bandit starting right when i got home, drank TONS of water and ate TONS of fruit. BREATFEEDING! is key! burn those calories. you hardly have time to eat anyway but eat small meals often, this will keep you going during those trying days and nights!!!
  • Options

Breastfeeding!!  Seriously, the best weight loss program ever!

I also started Weight Watchers at 6 weeks post partum.  It's great if you're Breastfeeding because it factors in extra points.  I also took classes at the gym where you can bring the baby.  It was a great work out and I didn't have to be without my DD to get in a workout.  It was also a great way to meet other moms!

It also helps to workout throughout your entire pregnancy!

• Options

After holding on to 12 pounds for a year after having my son, I finally figured out that it's all a numbers game when you want to lose weight! If only I had figured it out sooner. Use an online tool to figure out how many calories your body needs per day and how many you should eat per day if you want to lose weight. You can enter your goal weight/pre-pregnancy weight and even a goal date to reach that weight by. The tool will tell you exactly how many calories to eat per day based on your current weight, goal weight, how much you exercise, etc. I lost those 12 pounds in 3 months and none of it has come back. I feel great!!! I also use this to calculate how many calories I was burning with different activities: https://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/caloriecalculator.htm

Good luck!!!

• Options
    Breastfeeding is just a calorie burning machine.  Making the stuff is like putting a mini furnace inside yourself.
  • Options

The best advice I can give is to breastfeed, eat well, take some classes a couple days a week at your local YMCA if you don't want to pay for a gym membership (they're $2 a class or $22 a month) and go outside for walks with your new baby. The weight will just fall off!

• Options
    I would suggest breastfeeding for sure, and walking, walking, walking! I walk 2 miles a day now that I am 7 months pregnant and have only gained 9 lbs so far! Since it has helped me keep the weight down, along with eating healthy, I am sure it will not fail me after the baby comes out!
  • Options
    Wear your belly bandit ALL THE TIME!  It really helps your posture and muscle support and makes a big difference in recovery time!!  I only wish I had gotten the bamboo one, as the regular one gets a little sweaty and uncomfortable at night!!
  • Options
    Walking with a fellow new mom helped me drop big time pounds. 3-4 times a week we go for an hour walk.  Pushing the stroller added an extra benefit. Nursing round the clock and being mostly careful about what I ate (couldn't give up dessert every night!), really helped it all fall off within 3 months of starting the exercise.
  • Options

Don't be hard on yourself. The weight will come off with hard work, but enjoy the newness of your little one. Then kick it into gear. Work hard for 2 months then you can slowly go back to your pre-pregnancy diet and routine.

Heather

www.expectingtruett.blogspot.com

• Options

i heard that breast feeding will help lose weight, that's what am i doing right now, and i will try to exercise and eat healthy to help lose weight.

• Options
    When going shopping whether it is grocery shopping, to the drug store or the mall to pick up diapers, formula or groceries park the farthest away from the door to burn extra calories. Use a baby carrier instead of a stroller so that you are carrying extra weight and burning more calories.
  • Options
    Stay active throughout your pregnancy. Find an activity you enjoy and stick with it. I have been going to a prenatal yoga class weekly and taking nightly walks with DH. I have not had my baby yet but I plan on breastfeeding and keeping up with my yoga and walking routine to shed the pounds.
  • Options
    well. on this other website (baby center community) there is this women who after the birth of her child, she bought the ace waist trimmer. She started to use it, She says she puts it on and leaves it a little snug and wears it throughout the day, and wears it everyday.One week later she looks like she had never even been pregnant! That would be the easiest way to get back in shape. But you should also eat really healthy and get in your daily excersize. Also. drink PLENTY of water.
  • Options

Continue to eat right, you'll need a lot of energy to keep up with a new baby and exercise routine. I also saw on The Doctors that wearing a compression girdle will help tighten everything back up post baby.  I will definately be trying this trick after #2.

• Options
    Continue to exercise during your pregnancy and once you have the baby start taking walks with the baby in a stroller. 
  • Options
    Eat healthy and work out with other post pregnancy women so that you can motivate each other.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

while pregnant:

Walk on the treadmill or arc trainer for 30 minutes a day.  Work out two -three days in a row and then take a day off.  Remember to stretch after and before. Also try yoga it will help you relax and help you with your breathing.

• Options
    Breastfeed! Good for baby and for you. Eat well. Make sure you get enough sleep. And relax, stress makes it difficult to lose weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Breastfeed!! Take your baby for walks and enjoy the outdoors to get your legs moving and her mind stimulated.  It will make you feel part of humanity again lol.
  • Options
    I ordered a belly bandit after my first son was born and was soooooo happy to have it since I ended up having a c-section.  I used it for the first 12 weeks after he was born, wishing I had atleast two more.....a few months later I was training for a full, that's right 26.2 miles, marathon!  I have NEVER been a runner, yet I was really drawn to it after a few runs.  I am just a few weeks from the marathon and I am so excited!  Now I wouldn't say training for a full marathon is the way to lose baby weight (though it's helped) I would say that my best advise is simply it took 9 months to put on the weight so give yourself a break.  Eat a healthy diet and exercise when baby is occupied or napping for max results.  I also highly suggest a jogger stoller to those who do enjoy running, it has not only helped in the baby weight battle but also in my training! 
  • Options

My jogging stroller was the best investment I made!  We head out the door each day for my little ones morning nap and he is always aleep within 3 blocks.  I started walking most of the hour and now I am running almost the whole time.  He loves it, the sunshine feels great and I feel amazing!!

• Options
    I lost 45 lbs and my baby is now a month old. I walk holding my baby and am getting small abs showing up. I do sit ups while he lays on the floor and use him as a small weight so we get bonding time at the same time. He now weights about 12 lbs so he isn't a light weight. Also by eating small meals instead of large ones I burn off more fat. I'm exicited to keep losing more weight and get down to size 9. Good Luck everyone.
  • Options

It can also help (found in Sep. 15th Woman's Day Magazine page 74), to "think of your home as a gym".  Everyday activities (breastfeeding, carrying baby, will be "it" for a short few days and then as you add housekeeping and other chores...) can add to substantial exercise and health benefits.

AND YES, before this tip was discovered by me, I have lost weight and I had never "formally" exercised. I also fully breastfeed.

My chore that burns somewhat more than I realized now that baby is here:  Garbage. Taking out the trash (now with the loads of Dirty disposable diapers) is very good exercise. 

Everyday you'd be surprised at how much aerobic and/or strength-training you can get in small spurts in day!
  • Options
    Walking with baby & breastfeeding helped me a lot.  I couldn't do much else since I was post c-section.  
  • Options
    I tried Lisa Harts fit momma video and it worked really really well. Helped get me back in shape and gave my little boy something to dance to while I got my work out in. He loved the music and I loved the results. 
  • Options
    Exercise throughout your pregnancy.  This will ensure you do not gain excess weight and makes losing the weight much easier.  I gained 27 pounds and have lost it all.  Breastfeeding is amazing for many reasons, but one is weight lose.  The pounds literally melted off!  Also, yoga has been a lifesaver.
  • Options
    Get pregnant with a really hungry baby....and it'll eat your fat away!  I am kidding....though this coming kidlet seems to be doing a lot of just that with me.  Walk, everywhere and anywhere.  Walk your dog (but be careful of large breeds and leashing pulling) walk to the store, walk in the store.  Walking has got to be the easiest bit of exercise there is out there to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"