1st Trimester
Options

Michelle Duggar pregnant with number 19

1235»

Re: Michelle Duggar pregnant with number 19

• Options
    imageCera816:

Wildly irresponsible for the planet."- I'm sorry, I'm still giggling at the naivate.  Believe the media and don't find facts out for yourself. Go with that. . . 

Ditto.  But if you are concerned about overpopulation, why have any children at all?  Only having one in order to decrease the population only works if every couple in the world does that, and that's not going to happen.  So I guess you would be slightly more efective in your goals by not reproducing at all.

Also, I see no reason why older children shouldn't help around the house and help with younger siblings.  Helping is not the same as raising, and part of a child's upbringing should be learning to do chores.  It does not mean they have no playtime or time to be a kid.  It just means that they are responsible and unspoiled.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

She had actually given up on having anymore kids especially now that she's gonig to be a grandmother and she was trying to lose weight. The way I see it is, they have no debt what-so-ever, they have enough love in their hearts and in their home for all those children and none of the kids are into drugs or "getting in with the wrong crowd" or anything like that. Now, granted they're homeschooled so "getting in with the wrong crowd" is a little hard but still possible. They're a happy, healthy family and all school-age children have passing grades in school.

With that said, how many people can say they have a 7000sqft home, 19 well behaved children (all with passing grades in school), all children (and parents) are healthy and happy with their lives and do it all without being on welfare and without going into debt?

Congrats to Michelle and the rest of the Duggar family.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageanderhea:

First of all, if you are concerned about over-population, this is the last site you should be on.

Secondly, hurray for the Duggars! My husband is the oldest of a family of 8. We're planning for 4, but if we have 8, so be it. I can tell you, in his family, all the kids get help with their homework, they all get individual attention and get to live like normal kids. I also don't see any way that the Duggars don't live like "normal kids," except maybe they have to help out once in a while and don't sit in front of the TV all day. My parents had 4 kids and at some points in my younger siblings' life, I practically raised them!

Some families can handle 19 children, some can't handle one. Good for Michelle that she was blessed with the ability to be such an amazing mother! 

They don't sit in front of the TV because they literally do not have one...or at least when they only had 16 they didn't, I don't know about now.

• Options
    WHAT THE FUDGE!?!?!?!?  I'm speechless...
  • Options
    imageTommysGirl56:
    imageCera816:

Wildly irresponsible for the planet."- I'm sorry, I'm still giggling at the naivate.  Believe the media and don't find facts out for yourself. Go with that. . . 

Ditto.  But if you are concerned about overpopulation, why have any children at all?  Only having one in order to decrease the population only works if every couple in the world does that, and that's not going to happen.  So I guess you would be slightly more efective in your goals by not reproducing at all.

Also, I see no reason why older children shouldn't help around the house and help with younger siblings.  Helping is not the same as raising, and part of a child's upbringing should be learning to do chores.  It does not mean they have no playtime or time to be a kid.  It just means that they are responsible and unspoiled.

I have ZERO problem with helping and doing chores. However, they are doing far more than that. They are raising them.

• Options
    imagehnolso01:

wow....just looked over 5 pages of women using this website to pick fights instead of support each other....way to go girls! This website was not created to judge a woman with 19 kids and whatever religion she may be. This is a site for women to network in a POSITIVE way.

Why doesn't eveyone just worry about themselves and their families and be happy for what you have instead of caring so much about someone elses life!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCathyMD:

imagelovinfall:
    I weep for the Dr. that has to see her poor vag.

Probably has to strap a plank across his aas so he doesn't fall in.

Do you think the babies just fall out of her at this point? 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree 100% - the older children are, by necessity, surrogate parents  since no one person could possibly take care of (emotionally, physically, etc) 19 children.   Personally, I believe having 19 children is indicative of some mental problems, and it's also upsetting to me that the only way to support a family of thies size is to go on TV.  Totallty gross. 
  • Options

I don't live in the U.S., and don't know anything about the Quiverfull Movement itself (though I feel sorry for those in this forum who have been hurt by it).

However, Michelle Duggar's announcement of her 19th has been in the news over here (I live in China, where there are heavy consequences for having more that the legal limits of one or two children depending on where you live, so it was quite a big story!). However, reading this thread has been amusing, as I had no idea it was such a controversy!

My only note: From my college studies in cultural geography, I can say that I don't think families like the Duggars are really contributing to overpopulation so much as they're balancing out singles and families who have no children. Population replacement fertility rate is 2.1 children per woman, which is right at America's fertility rate (it wavers every year, but is usually at or below 2.1; the most recently updated stat I found was 2.09 as of April 2009).

sources: CIA factbook
    Wikipedia on Total Fertility Rate
    About.com on Fertility Rates

interesting relevant article

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"