July 2017 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday

I don't believe I've seen this on the board yet? So please post your meal plan or ideas for the week maybe we can give each other ideas. 

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• Options
    morgaritamorgarita member
    edited January 2017
    Monday: Strawberries and Cream Waffles- making homemade strawberry syrup before my strawberries get worse anf maybe homemade whipped cream, I have the ingredients but I also have canned. 
    Tuesday: Taco Tuesday-I always used boxed, but I might make fresh salsa if my ingredients are fresh
    Wednesday: Garlic Chicken Freezer Meal- premade a week or two ago
    Thursday: Beef Burgandy- crazy easy family recipe if anyone wants it
    Friday: Spaghetti and Meatballs- dh asked for this but I might try to make the sauce homemade never done it before and definitely homemade meatballs. 
    Saturday: Steak, baked potatoes, glazed carrots, Mac and cheese for ds, some good bread maybe- I am having a craving for steak
    Sunday: Papa Murphys for the football game!
  • Options
    Crab legs today since I posted about them on the weekend and can't think about anything else. Then tomorrow we are going to stock up and I am going to make some meals for us (pastas, casseroles, etc.) and a friend who is coming home today with her first baby! I am thinking baked mostaccoli and sausage, chicken enchiladas, and a chicken and rice bake. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure about the rest of the week, but have beef stew in the crock pot for tonight 
  • Options
    For the first half of the week we're doing stir fry (rice and beans and vegetables if I think I can stomach them) and vegetable soup (peas, corn, carrots, leeks, celery, veggie broth, water, oregano, black pepper, and some nutritional yeast for depth of flavor). We're having freezer waffles for breakfast.  
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    I got a crockpot for Christmas so I feel like a grown-up now.  Currently looking up easy things to make this week to try it out!  We were out of town this weekend so I need to get back to eating healthy after eating so much junk.

I want to be one of those magical people who stock freezer bags full of crockpot dinners for a whole month so that dinner prep is ridiculously easy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @OperaSingerMommy I wish I could do that! Would make my life so much easier. I rarely use my crockpot. I really wish I used it more!
  • Options
    Cynth0104 said:
    @OperaSingerMommy I wish I could do that! Would make my life so much easier. I rarely use my crockpot. I really wish I used it more!
    In theory it's a great plan!  Now to actually make myself plan meals and shop for a whole month... we'll see if that happens!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @morgarita please pass the recipe along! My husband actually mentioned two days ago so that would be a nice surprise for him when he gets home from work! 

We're gluten free and my husband is carb free. Like 5-10 carbs per meal is about a half cup of veggies so we do mainly meat and cheese since those are the only carb free foods. So pork chops tonight, steak tomorrow, chicken the next day, Italian sausage, and leftovers Friday! I usually do a crock pot meal once a week and my goto is Mexican chicken soup. So easy- 4 ingredients- chicken, salsa, bone broth, Monterey Jack cheese. So easy and SO delicious. 
  • Options
    So, here's a dumb question. Every crock pot meal I make is supposed to have left overs. But my husband eats the whole thing, every. single. time. Do I just cut the man off?! Somehow make the recipe a little bigger? 
  • Options
    Monday- tacos
    tuesday - spaghetti 
    wednesday- chicken tortilla soup
    thursday - steak, potatoes, vege
    friday - out
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    BabyBump2 said:
    So, here's a dumb question. Every crock pot meal I make is supposed to have left overs. But my husband eats the whole thing, every. single. time. Do I just cut the man off?! Somehow make the recipe a little bigger? 
    Hahahaha that's my husband too!! Every meal I make in general - no leftovers...
  • Options
    @BabyBump2 and @mj8215 you need to send him over here. We ALWAYS have leftsovers and we never eat them. I always half the recipe and we still have extra. I hate throwing food out but it never gets eaten. 
  • Options
    All of this talk about waffles makes me want to drive straight to IHOP! Mmmm, I wonder how much waffle makers cost...
    Here's our mealplan:
    Mon: Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
    Tues: Trying out a new chicken soup recipe in the crockpot
    Weds: Hawaiian english muffin pizzas
    Thurs: Chicken cordon bleu
    Fri: Veggie burgers
  • Options
    Monday: we did turkey burgers
    tuesdsy: lemon chicken pasta with asaragus
    wednesday: husband has a work banquet, so maybe something for the kids
    thursday: broccoli beef (homemade) with rice
    friday: left overs 
  • Options
    @Clio Waffle irons are like $20-$30 at Target. Do it 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    BabyBump2 said:
    How big is your crockpot? You may have to upgrade. I bought a huge one for that reason. And I also now dish up his meals for him, it helps to control portions.

Edited because I forgot the word may, so sounded all knowing and demanding
  • Options
    @nktrodden826 tapioca is the tapioca powdered pudding mix  super forgiving recipe and I throw different veggies in depending on what's in my fridge
  • Options
    We are in the process of moving and also painting the new house, so I had to go slim on the groceries this week so we don't have a ton of unused stuff. I think I came up with a pretty good meal plan though, in spite of all that!
    Monday - Chicken and veggie stir fry with white rice
    Tuesday - Baked pork chops with mashed potatoes with sautéed garlic green beans and mushrooms
    Wednesday - Omelet (my go-to when DH is working in the evening)
    Thursday - Chorizo and kale soup - trying Trisha Yearwoods recipe for the first time, so hopefully it turns out okay!!
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday - DH and I are both in a wedding, so we will have bachelor/bachelorette festivities, rehearsal dinner and wedding dinner these nights.
  • Options
    Monday- We had burgers from a local place
    Tuesday- MIL will cook
    Wednesday- Homemade chicken noodle soup
    Thursday- I have a basketball game to coach at and my cousin is playing so we will eat nachos or something there
    Friday- Homemade pizza
    Saturday- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
    Sunday- Crazy Good Casserole (it's a pinterest recipe and it definitely lives up to its name)

This is my plan so we will see if it actually happens. I am still feeling super super sick so I haven't felt like eating or cooking much. Hopefully it goes away soon.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
    edited January 2017
    I don't really do meal plans for the week and every morning I play the "what do you want for dinner today" game with DH. We haven't figured it out for today yet. I'm gluten free dairy free and don't eat red meat or seafood (eggs and chicken breasts are the only animal products I consume pretty much)--also currently grain free. My husband is keto (minimal to no carb, high fat) and he will occasionally have dairy. So we often eat different things. 

Monday- I had eggplant in the fridge that was going to go bad, did a little google search and decided to make a baba ganoush as a dip for some kofta balls (ground beef, onion, parsley, middle eastern spices, and some palm shortening for some extra fat). I ate leftover potato leek soup since I don't eat red meat. 

Today I'm thinking chicken. Either homemade Thai chicken and broccoli (my original recipe hehe) with come cauliflower 'rice' or crispy chicken legs and thighs for the husband and breast for me and roasted veggies on the side. 

ETA: looks like we've decided on chicken fajitas with the option of having it with cauliflower rice or park coconut wraps. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    Mmmmk so I spent an insane amount of $$ at the grocery store yesterday to buy all of the ingredients for my first crockpot attempt tomorrow: Turkey pumpkin chile.  This is probably way too ambitious for my first try but I'll report back!  The recipe looks reasonably healthy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Clio I made tomato soup for the first time about a month ago and it was SOOO GOOOOD!  You reminded me I need to make that again.

We have planned two recipes so far this week:
    Coconut Lime Baked Cauliflower Tacos:
    https://www.veggieinspiredjourney.com/crispy-baked-cauliflower-tacos/

Gnocchi with Sundried Tomatoes and White Beans:
    https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/2015/10/pan-fried-gnocchi-with-sundried-tomatoes-and-white-beans.html

We'll see how cooking goes as my motivation has been lacking lately...
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    morgarita said:
    Monday: Strawberries and Cream Waffles- making homemade strawberry syrup before my strawberries get worse anf maybe homemade whipped cream, I have the ingredients but I also have canned. 
    Tuesday: Taco Tuesday-I always used boxed, but I might make fresh salsa if my ingredients are fresh
    Wednesday: Garlic Chicken Freezer Meal- premade a week or two ago
    Thursday: Beef Burgandy- crazy easy family recipe if anyone wants it
    Friday: Spaghetti and Meatballs- dh asked for this but I might try to make the sauce homemade never done it before and definitely homemade meatballs. 
    Saturday: Steak, baked potatoes, glazed carrots, Mac and cheese for ds, some good bread maybe- I am having a craving for steak
    Sunday: Papa Murphys for the football game!
    Um.... Can I get an invite?  Your week sounds amazing. I'm jealous!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BabyBump2 said:
    Definitely not dumb.  I made spaghetti last night and had to cut DH off.  I had to remind him that he needed leftovers for lunch today.  He wasn't happy, but after finishing off my bowl and giving him about 20 minutes to digest, I asked if he was full or if I could get him something else and surprise, surprise.... He admitted to being full!  It's a miracle because this man will never turn down an opportunity to eat.  He never really puts on weight either!  He's husky, not skinny, but his weight only fluctuates by 5-6 lbs up and down.  Um... can I get on that genetics train?

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't really do meal plans for the week and every morning I play the "what do you want for dinner today" game with DH. We haven't figured it out for today yet. I'm gluten free dairy free and don't eat red meat or seafood (eggs and chicken breasts are the only animal products I consume pretty much)--also currently grain free. My husband is keto (minimal to no carb, high fat) and he will occasionally have dairy. So we often eat different things. 

My husband does the keto clarity diet- 30 carbs a day max and high protein! 
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline thanks but I'm actually on week 3 without going to the grocery store. I will have to go for Friday and Saturday night dinner tho. I hate grocery shopping but that's partly due to our grocery stores the produce sections are sooo awful. Fruit flies are a normal unless I go to the high end grocery store. 
  • Options
    Aaah this thread has made me super hungry and I can't sleep now. 
    @SpongeWorthy those sounds too good.

@yellow1daisy I avoid milk and eggs, iv been worried I'm depriving my body and baby by not eating those would love to know how your substituting milk especially (I make my own almond milk but been super lazy) 

in my defense, I used to cook a lot and I'm pretty good. However the baby doesn't want me working so iv become super basic. I was able to find turkey burgers in the freezer section (ingredients: organic turkey , rosemary extract) so been having that for the past two lunches with eziekiel burger buns and avocado. 

I made a zuchini dish with roti tonight that was yummy and refreshing (kind of like south East Asian/middle eastern) 

tomorrow i plan to make fish curry with brown rice ( made up recipe , basically cook onions tomatoes garlic and chilies until a paste and then steam fish in it.) 

that's all I know for now. I only plan my breakfast these days. 
  • Options
    @Clio if you get that waffle iron, here are some ideas. DH showed me this video last night

https://youtu.be/-K3LO9H_Yq0
  • Options
    Monday: turkey meatball stroganoff 
    Tuesday: enchiladas verdes
    Wednesday: chicken tostada nachos 
    Thursday: Honey Teriyaki drumsticks (crockpot)
    Friday: lasagna soup (crockpot)
    Saturday: cheeseburger casserole
    Sunday: homemade spaghetti and meatballs

All meals (excluding Sunday's) are under 310 cal a serving not including sides and garnishes like rice, noodles, salads,  garlic bread, guac. 

• Options
    @BusyZee There's nothing your nutritionally going to miss out on just because you avoid dairy. If you're worried about protein (eggs), you can always replace with high protein wheat products, beans, or tofu. In fact you can make tofu scramble that's really good. They also make vegan eggs. I haven't personally used them but I hear they are good. As far as milk goes, it's mostly a calcium concern. Cashew milk is the highest in terms of calcium and iron, but there are at least 7 kinds of non-dairy milk out there, including almond, oat, hemp, cashew, and coconut. You can also do a vegan ice cream, including Ben and Jerry's which make 4 different non-dairy flavors. They are delicious and awesome. Plus things like kale, broccoli, and bok choy are super high in calcium too. Google "plant based sources of calcium" and you'll get lots of hits and figure out how much you may need to add. I've been a vegan for 3 1/2 years, hence why I know about this. If you want anymore info, feel free to PM me :) 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    clioclio member
    edited January 2017
    @Twinkiedoll O.M.G. I'm sold. We seriously did go to IHOP last weekend because of this thread. So I'm actually saving money, right?! 
  • Options
    @kerils thankyou so much for the extensive reply, I do most of that but it really helps if someone just reminds you what your doing is fine and itl be alright! I haven't had anyone encourage my life choices but I feel healthy this way. I don't digest milk well at all and eggs I can have spaced out but for now I'm avoiding since again I don't digest them well and I just got done with bad skin issues because of the two. 
  • Options
    @BusyZee I feel you on that. I'm the only vegan among my friends and family, and it gets exhausting. I probably would have given in if I didn't find other people who were vegan/vegetarian, found an amazing vegan restaurant near me, and then joined some vegan facebook groups. It still gets lonely sometimes, but I keep enough support around to make sure I can stick with it. I love the food and don't miss anything, but I don't love the social aspect. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    This week we made lentil soup, mushroom barley, sauted green beans, and chicken breast cooked with vegetables in a pan. DD has mac and cheese with green peas. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Monday: lasagna that I premade on Sunday
    Tuesday: buffalo chicken sandwiches
    Wednesday: Stir fried saimin with lots of veggies and Vietnamese fried fish cake

I go out of town Thursday so DH is on his own after that.  He'll have plenty of leftovers until he goes to Vegas for a bachelor party this weekend.
  • Options
    @cssme13 do you have a good recipe for green chile chicken enchiladas? I'm looking for one that doesn't have a million ingredients? Thanks! 
  • Options
    I'm making black bean burgers with spud puppies, chickpea sandwiches, pinto scramble (pretty sure I invented that), and still using the one pot indian dish from last week. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    Monday: turkey meatball stroganoff 
    Tuesday: enchiladas verdes
    Wednesday: chicken tostada nachos 
    Thursday: Honey Teriyaki drumsticks (crockpot)
    Friday: lasagna soup (crockpot)
    Saturday: cheeseburger casserole
    Sunday: homemade spaghetti and meatballs

All meals (excluding Sunday's) are under 310 cal a serving not including sides and garnishes like rice, noodles, salads,  garlic bread, guac. 

What is lasagna soup and how do I make it!?!??!  It sounds delicious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Monday- steak, macaroni and cheese, veggie
    Tuesday- pork chops, rice, veggie
    Wednesday - fajitas
    Thursday- baked chicken, pasta, veggie
    Friday - out
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy