July 2017 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday

2»

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• Options
    This week we are doing chicken stir fry with veggies and lo mein noodles, pulled pork sandwhiches, & sauce and meatballs.
  • Options
    @notachanski
    its super easy and the kids love it. We make our own noodles and the kids love cottage cheese instead of ricotta. 

https://www.skinnytaste.com/lasagna-soup/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got really bored with my repertoire and was also feeling lousy and lazy in the first trimester so we signed up for Blue Apron. Tonight was fresh fettuccine with sautéed garlic and rainbow chard, sautéed beets for color, and finished with minced chives, poppy seeds, and white goat cheese. It was seriously amazing and my kiddo inhaled it. So win!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cssme13cssme13 member
    edited January 2017
    acstec1 said:
    @cssme13 do you have a good recipe for green chile chicken enchiladas? I'm looking for one that doesn't have a million ingredients? Thanks! 
    So sorry I just saw this! I boil like four chicken breasts in water and when they're done I use that water which is probably about 3 cups of water and I add one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of cream of chicken soup and I take like a literally probably an eighth of an onion and blend it in the blender with a little bit of water so that it doesn't have onion chunks because I hate onions but it gives it a good flavor then add green chile as much or as little as you'd like. We use fresh green chile but canned works too. Shred your chicken and put it back in the sauce and then layer that sauce with corn tortillas and put cheese on the top put it in the oven at 350° until the cheese melts. 

ETA that if I run out of fresh green chile I use a canned green chile from 505 Southwest. I'm a chile snob and we literally buy it in 10 pound bags during roasting season. Here's the link to their site if you ever wanted to order from them (I don't work for them or anything just love their green chile) 

https://505chile.com

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    @notachanski
    its super easy and the kids love it. We make our own noodles and the kids love cottage cheese instead of ricotta. 

https://www.skinnytaste.com/lasagna-soup/
    Going to try this soon.  Thank you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @cssme13 thank you so much!  That sounds so delicious! Can't wait to try it! 
  • Options
    ktewart said:
    I got really bored with my repertoire and was also feeling lousy and lazy in the first trimester so we signed up for Blue Apron. Tonight was fresh fettuccine with sautéed garlic and rainbow chard, sautéed beets for color, and finished with minced chives, poppy seeds, and white goat cheese. It was seriously amazing and my kiddo inhaled it. So win!
    We also do blue apron - I'm a pretty lazy housewife at baseline lol - I must say it really has motivated both my husband and I to cook more - lately he has been really good about cooking blue apron dinners for us by himself when I get stuck at work. My only complaint is that I wish it was slightly bigger portions haha! We often "upgrade" by throwing in additional stuff 
  • Options
    @mj8215, I agree on the one complaint! It's worth the trade off of having the food ready to go in the house and I love being able to have something ready to go for the kiddo that isn't the same five or six things I otherwise reach for (I really am lazy when it comes to dinner). That said, I also feel like it's hit or miss sometimes? There are some portions that I can't possibly finish and there are others where I want about three more helpings. We've definitely bolstered meals in the past, too.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BusyZee said:
    Aaah this thread has made me super hungry and I can't sleep now. 
    @SpongeWorthy those sounds too good.

@yellow1daisy I avoid milk and eggs, iv been worried I'm depriving my body and baby by not eating those would love to know how your substituting milk especially (I make my own almond milk but been super lazy) 

in my defense, I used to cook a lot and I'm pretty good. However the baby doesn't want me working so iv become super basic. I was able to find turkey burgers in the freezer section (ingredients: organic turkey , rosemary extract) so been having that for the past two lunches with eziekiel burger buns and avocado. 

I made a zuchini dish with roti tonight that was yummy and refreshing (kind of like south East Asian/middle eastern) 

tomorrow i plan to make fish curry with brown rice ( made up recipe , basically cook onions tomatoes garlic and chilies until a paste and then steam fish in it.) 

that's all I know for now. I only plan my breakfast these days. 
    @BusyZee I'm really sorry to reply so late. Honestly I don't really feel like I'm depriving my body by not having milk so I guess I don't really try to substitute? I eat as healthily as I can (lots of greens-fresh veggies- clean sources of protein) and that's it really. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited January 2017
    ktewart said:
    I admire all of you ladies for your restraint and how clean and healthy you all eat. Meanwhile, I'm over here, polishing off my pint of Half Baked Ben&Jerry's. Casual.
    Don't worry, I went from very clean and healthy to two whole packs of sweets last week. My best friend brought me a whole array of childhood favorurites from england and I had a "food breakdown". My husband has now taken them away from me and given them to someone :'(  in my defense the ingredients weren't even bad. Evil husband. 
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited January 2017
    @yellow1daisy haha no worries. Yeap I'm doing the same honestly, but I have to admit just a few years ago I had gorgeous thick hair  (as I say so myself) to half the amount. now I wonder if it's because of eliminating dairy.  Iv started eating more meat to compensate for that. let's see!