June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 1/16

What is going on with those bodies this week ladies?
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekly Symptoms 1/16

• Options
    FSUNole31 said:

What is going on with those bodies this week ladies?
    Love this! I can't wait to start feeling baby regularly.
  • Options
    Anyone else have one boob hurt way more than the other? For about a week off and on my left boob has been hurting in the same spot. It just kind of throbs for a second and then goes away. It happens quite a bit. I have a doc appt on Thursday and I'll ask then, but just thought I'd check with anyone else if this seems normal.

Also pregnancy headaches are the worst. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @danijo yes! My boobs hurt so much over the weekend.  I got to spend time with a brand new baby so I kind of wondered if my hormones got kicked up A notch from all the sweet cuddles lol.
  • Options
    My nose is bleeding pretty regularly.  My back is hurting and some days Adeline is feeling very heavy in my belly.  I'm going to ask for one of those support belt things when I go back to work tomorrow.  The navy will give me one for free.  Starting to have some major cravings for random things. But am I making a point of walking everyday for an hour to help keep me healthy and try to make a small dent in the extra calories I might be consuming.  
  • Options
    Anyone feel like their bump is not as big?
    I want to pop more lol. Last night I kept thinking it looked smaller.
    I know once it pops I'll probably regret this idea lol, but I think having a bigger belly eases some first time pregnant anxiety. 
    I agree with the boobs. My right nipple hurts, but the left is fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312 the catchphrase of my pregnancy is becoming "you're barely/not even showing!!"

So now that I'm 18 weeks I tell people I'm almost halfway through to mess with their minds and hearts. 

From knowing how big my mom and sister both got by the end of their pregnancies I'm pretty sure this little guy will make sure he is large and in charge at some point. I think I get anxiety when he moves less on some days than others :-/ 
  • Options
    @danijo
    How do you add a ticker to your posts? I made one,but it looks like I have to keep copying and pasting code each time. Is that correct? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312 If you are on computer rather than mobile click the little head like button by bookmarks at the top (account options if you hover over it). Then go to signature settings. You should be able to paste the code in to the text box and click save. I'm not sure how to do it on mobile.

Also I have like no bump. I'm 18 weeks today. I still just look bloated. I know there's a bump forming but no one else would be able to tell if they didn't know I was pregnant.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312 the catchphrase of my pregnancy is becoming "you're barely/not even showing!!"

So now that I'm 18 weeks I tell people I'm almost halfway through to mess with their minds and hearts. 

From knowing how big my mom and sister both got by the end of their pregnancies I'm pretty sure this little guy will make sure he is large and in charge at some point. I think I get anxiety when he moves less on some days than others :-/ 
    Mess with their minds and hearts! hahaha <3<3  :D
    I don't think I'm feeling movement even. I don't know honestly. I thought I felt something two nights ago, but I'm really not sure. Almost two weeks ago I went to the doctor and we could really hear the heartbeat. When the doctor is using the doppler it freaks me out until I hear the heartbeat. 
    I think since this second trimester has been treating me well I don't feel very pregnant. First trimester I definitely felt the exhaustion, nausea, etc. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm jealous of you ladies who don't have much of a belly.  I'm feeling pretty large already and the hubs touches it and is amazed at how large and firm my belly is already.  
  • Options
    Heartburn has been killing me. It doesn't matter what I eat. Even if I take a sip of water in the middle of the night, I get heartburn. 
    My bump is small too. I feel like people expect me to be huge at this point, even though I'm only 16 weeks. I keep telling people not to worry because soon enough I'll be so huge that I'll waddle when I walk.
  • Options
    jennas312jennas312 member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    It should be the first link the a href not the url. Make sure you copy and paste the whole thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with y'all on the boob pain. It's awful! And for me it's mostly the right boob! 
  • Options
    jennas312jennas312 member
    edited January 2017
    O wait. ... I got it! Thanks, @danijo !!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been walking an hour a day and it's made me feel a lot better. It was way too early for me to be feeling big and unmotivated already. On the movement front I still have some days where I feel nothing and others where I can feel the rolling and stretching. I want to feel the kicks on the outside! 
  • Options
    ACID REFLUX. It was so bad last night I almost puked. Then I elevates myself with an extra pillow and it went away but then I couldn't sleep half upright. Ugh. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Is anyone else shedding a lot of hair? It may be because my hair is longer, but I feel like I'm shedding more than I usually do!
  • Options
    I'm with you on the boobs...my right more than the left and specifically just the nipple.  even a slight accidental tap without a bra on feels like I sliced it off with glass.  the left is sensitive but no where near as much.

• Options
    Is anyone else shedding a lot of hair? It may be because my hair is longer, but I feel like I'm shedding more than I usually do!
    I have been shedding more too! I switched shampoo and conditioner and have stopped heat styling (except for a little blow dry before I leave the house if it's not completely dry when I leave for work). This has helped some but I am going to talk to my doctor about it at the next appointment. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else peeing A LOT? I'm going like, 3-4 times an hour. I also feel like I can never fully empty my bladder. I never had that feeling or went that frequently during my last pregnancy. I'm not concerned about a UTI because there is no discomfort. 
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I read somewhere, maybe on here, that someone had a UTI with no symptoms! 
  • Options
    @doodleoodle same here. And it's getting annoying bc not much comes out sometimes.

@alms52386 uti???
  • Options
    Feeling pressure in my stomach like im bigger then I am... I have definitely popped the last 2 weeks. My appetite is in full swing, my butt and boobs are growing with it. Heartburn is just starting, lovely. Sleeping, ha what is that? So uncomfortable idk how this is going to work for another 4.5 months. Thanks for letting me complain. 
  • Options
    Does anyone else have really sore hips and tailbone? I think my office chair is just way too uncomfortable. I ordered a cushion for it that will be here on Friday! 
  • Options
    @alm52386 oh no! Thanks for the heads up. Luckily I have an OB appointment tomorrow and can bring that up.
  • Options
    Last pregnancy my doctor told me to try and lean forward when I was peeing to make sure my bladder was empty.  I had a hard time emptying it and felt like I always had to go but there was no UTI. 
  • Options
    @meg2704 my butt hurts so bad when sitting that I ordered a cushion for my office chair and will be putting a pillow in my car seat
  • Options
    Anyone else having a racing heart beat?  Last two evenings while I've been laying in bed on my phone, I've noticed it.  No increased anxiety, just feeling like my heat is pounding out of my chest!  Ugh!
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I'd get a quick check for a UTI, in pregnancy you might not get the burning/cramps the same way as pre-pregnancy. 

@mezalune Yes! It was a pretty regular occurance in first trimester, now I find it just randomly kicks in. 

Im feeling just huge and my sciatic pain is through the roof. I got stuck twice yesterday, couldn't move or else it was horrendous pain. I think it took 20 minutes to ease up enough so I could move. I did Chiro yesterday and back tomorrow. It was never this bad for my singleton babes. 
    Also colostrum has come in, and boobs are huge and ready to go. Joy. 
  • Options
    Swelling. I live in Georgia so we have been getting near 80 and I've already noticed my hands and feet getting swollen. Not bad but I hate that it's happening already. I guess it's a good reminder to drink more water! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    danij0danij0 member
    edited January 2017
    Yess.. to the peeing all the time!
    I go about every 20-30 minutes. I feel like I'm wasting so much water. I also drink a lot of water so I know that mixed with pregnancy is the reason. As for emptying - lean forward and also if you have a bump try to lift it a little bit, it might be constricting your bladder.

edit: typos.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else getting tingling in hands and feet at night?  I think it's restless legs and carpal tunnel but I'll ask my doc at my next appt.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    Anyone else's nipples itch? It doesn't matter how much cocoa butter or lotion I apply throughout the day they're always itchy!  :/  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    christine087christine087 member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    The only thing that really has hit me recently is that I've gotten dizzy a number of times over the last few days while I've been walking. 
  • Options
    @meg2704 - So much lower back pain while sitting at my office desk!!! It helped that I got a lumbar pillow, and I now put my feet up on a little stool. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    At my last OB appointment the nurse told me I had to have my thyroid checked again and told me to go down to the lab. I asked if my first set of blood work came back abnormal. She looked at me funny and said no, they lost the blood and never ran it. Yesterday they called me and said my thyroid came back and it was elevated again so I'm being referred to an endocrinologist. They said just the T3 was high. So, apparently it did get ran the first time and I had blood work repeated becuase it was elevated. This confuses and frustrates me as to why the nurse wouldn't have just said so. 

Has anyone had a thyroid issue come up during pregnancy before? I tired searching for it but it seemed as if I was just finding ladies that had a pre existing issue and not one potentially pregnancy related. 
  • Options
    @kassyfry- I had my thyroid issue before pregnancy, do you think yours came up during pregnancy or you just weren't tested for it prior to pregnancy? I think that its common for women to find out about thyroid issues during pregnancy b/c they're monitored more closely. Anyway, my take on thyroid disorders in pregnancy is that they can be problematic if they're not treated, but if you go to the endocrinologist and take care of it, and monitor it through regular blood tests, it shouldn't be an issue. Also, it's really frustrating that your dr's office didn't give you accurate results right away, because you could have been working with an endocrinologist from the beginning. Do note that you'll definitely need to work with both doctors, I tried to have my OB monitor it, and that didn't work out, you need the endocrinologist's expertise as well. Good luck and try not to worry!
  • Options
    @kassyfry I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition after my first OB appointment and am taking a daily medicine. My OB hasn't said anything about needing an endocrinologist after pregnancy yet but I need to ask about that at my next visit. Mine is hypothyroidism so my levels were low.