Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekly Randoms - week of 1/9

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 1/9

• Options
    @zwink1 @bluejeanbabi05 @Redbreast35 @heatherdubrow Another Outlander fan here!!  My cousin turned me on to the books and I'm currently working my way through the first season of the show.  I bought the blu-ray for the first season on sale at Target a while back and am waiting for a good sale to pick up the second season.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @adirat you mentioned mini-IVF. What is that?? Sorry if I'm naive! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @zwink1 @bluejeanbabi05 @RedBreast35 @heatherdubrow
    Yay us! I too like finishing the books before watching the series and I'm in the same boat with GoT. It makes me nervous because they've already changed so much (some of which I disagree with). Thankfully that's not the case with Outlander. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @peregrine  I love actual books too! I love used book stores...and the smell of books. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @adirat you mentioned mini-IVF. What is that?? Sorry if I'm naive! 
    I was wondering the same thing!

• Options
    Thanks @adirat!! I had no idea there were so many different options. Sounds like you and your H are on the same page, which is really awesome!!

• Options
    You are very welcome! This was also news to me until we picked a place and they talk about it on their website. If you are interested I can PM you the website of the place we picked so you can read more about it (just don't want to post it publicly and potentially dox myself).

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Wow @adirat thanks for the intel! That really sounds like a great option. I might bring that up to my RE if I respond well to the Femara but this IUI doesn't work.

edited to give benefit of the doubt

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 Apparently she didn't take the advice I gave her to lurk and read the pinned posts.  Also how are we all supposed to see into her uterus and know when AF is coming

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @adirat that is so interesting and I'm amazed we haven't heard more about it. I wonder how common it is. Twins don't bother me, but triplets or more I'd be terrified. 

@bluejeanbabi05 lol at your gif. I don't even know what she's talking about in her post here

• Options
    @adirat that is so interesting, I had no idea that even existed. I think that's a smart plan. I was 25 when I did ivf and I ended up with 40 eggs and OHSS and was miserable for 2 weeks. I'll be wishing you lots of luck during this journey!
  • Options
    @lulu1180 She is quite confusing. For many reasons. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @lulu1180 <insert ute goggle gif here>

• Options
    I think mini ivf is still new and uncommon. We are fortunate to live in an area with a lot of competition in this realm. Many places don't do this yet. Also -- it is still not risk free obviously. 

• Options
    lulu1180lulu1180 member
    edited January 2017
    @eggplantface @bluejeanbabi05 She can't even seem to do a proper intro.......

eta I take that back she actually sort of followed there form after not doing so....whatever

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    Guuuuuuyyyyyssssss......the circus is shutting down!!!!  This makes me so damn sad I just want to hide under the covers and cry!  Any kids we have will never know the joy of watching the circus!!

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    kiwi2628 said:
    I am partially sad they are shutting down, but also really happy. They realized they would make zero money once they stopped using the elephants. I am not one of those nuttos that thinks we should let all animals run free, but the circus is so bad for the animals, so I am happy for that.
    My feelings exactly!
  • Options
    Is there a designated thread for those who are more NTNP? If I'm not temping then I won't know when to move over to TWW so I'm just wondering if we've got anything like that. Maybe a weekly thread? Or is that too cloggy? I understand the want to keep this place organized--it's a huge community! 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @irohspupil are you tracking CM or using OPKs? Or truly doing nothing but NTNP? Just wondering because we have a couple people doing various things that dont include temping and what they do varies based on what they are/are not doing
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 right now we are TTA but (hopefully soonish) we will be moving to NTNP with me tracking nothing. I hate not knowing when to expect my period/when to test, but DH is set on a lax approach and seeing what happens. 
    So while I won't be actively TTC, itd be nice to have a little spot on this board to hang out. But, if there aren't enough in my position, then I see no reason to start a new thread

• Options
    Lol @irohspupil GL continuing with the NTNP if you stay in this board. The BSC is going to get to you ;) Is your cycle pretty regular? Maybe just go with the averages and switch over to TWW about halfway

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 god ain't that the truth. Right now I'm on BC, but I had noticed a fairly regular 38 day cycle on average before going on BC. I could probably guess O around CD 25. 

• Options
    kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited January 2017
    @irohspupil if you are doing nothing, I would move over to the TWW when you are 2/3 done with your cycle so you know for sure (well, as sure as you can be). Most people here at least do CM or OPKs or CP so they have a better idea
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 It's up in the air right now. We're waiting to hear whether or not DH is getting axed at his job with "restructuring," though we're pretty hopeful that his job is as secure as retail management goes. At the latest, we should know at the beginning of February. 
    I had originally been the one to make the decision back in October to go back on BC because of the rumors of this restructuring and my work with my book. I'd convinced myself that baby #2 should wait until I've finished the book. Obviously I've had a change of heart. DH is still on the fence, but I'm pretty sure he'll be okay with NTNP in a few months. 

@kiwi2628 Thanks! I'll probably do that once we are out of TTA :smile:

• Options
    @irohspupil there is also the tta/benched thread. Slightly different and only posted weekly, but isn't focused on the temping/cm/tracking etc. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @irohspupil there is also the tta/benched thread. Slightly different and only posted weekly, but isn't focused on the temping/cm/tracking etc. 
    Seems like there are a lot of mixed opinions on if those of us who are TTA for non-medical related reasons should be posting on the TTA/Benched thread (or even on TTGP in general). The thread states that it's for women who are TTA for medical reasons but when I was in my lurking phase I saw a lot of ladies posting there who were TTA because of employment/school/financial (ect) and thought it was ok. However, I think from this point forward I am going to stop. 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 I posted on the TTA threads for many months  prior to TTC and I was TTA for employment reasons, not medical. I think you are more than welcome to stay. I know its a lot more active than BOTB
  • Options
    @jjmno1616 I dont think that thread is only if you're TTA for medical reasons! If you want to post there, I think you absolutely should, no matter what you're reasoning. Unfortunately the thread has been kind of slow lately so maybe it's not as helpful as it could be. 

• Options
    Kiki75 said:
    I don't think it was that people shouldn't post if they're TTA for non-medical reasons. I think the thing was that people were wondering what the appeal is for someone who hasn't been TTC previously. Not that anyone has a problem with it.

Also, my understanding was that benched = medical and TTA = other reasons. But that may just be me. 
    This was my impression as well...
  • Options
    I also thought that benched was TTA for medical and TTA was other reasons. I've been on the TTA/Benched thread a bit but when you're TTA for more than a month or two and there are ladies who are just there for a while it's hard to create a community I think. We're NTNP now and I don't plan on posting in TTA/Benched but I also wasn't going to post in WTO/TWW since I won't be tracking or having questions about TTC stuff. I do like the weekly randoms threads. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    slavenski said:
    @adirat It's Friday night in Korea and I'm trying to get DH to go get me a bottle of wine so I can drink while we play Diablo all night. (eta) Also I know it's bolded in the TTA/Benched thread but I think people read right past where it says for people who've been trying but are currently TTA/benched 
    Sorry if I miss understood but this is the comment that kind of confused me about who should or should not be posting in Benched/TTA. I don't mean to be a drama llama today, I am actually just trying my hardest to follow the rules and not annoy anyone. So I appologize. 
  • Options
    Doesn't the fact that my husband isn't around for me to try again make me benched? Am I totally misunderstanding that term?
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @hartmich @adirat YAAAASSS!! What a GREAT day!! #12forlife