Options

Weekly Randoms - week of 1/9

Chat away gang!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 1/9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @adirat yay for a positive response! I'm non confrontational so writing to complain about a coworker makes me so uncomfortable. Hopefully they'll follow up and do something about the problem employee.

My random is how exhausted I am and it's only Tuesday morning! My day hasn't even started and I just want to go back to bed. I can't express this to my team at work because everything means "OMG! You're pregnant?!" Why isn't it Friday yet?!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @adirat  yay for a pleasant surprise!

@lulu1180  I have totally been there with my weight. I've been on a weightloss journey the past couple months just trying to feel healthier but before that it was really upsetting.

I have big plans today to clean the house and go to barre...we're also planning a big move this summer so figuring out some details/logistics for that as well.
  • Options
    @lulu1180 I am right there with you. H is super slim and always has been, and truly struggles to put ON weight. Meanwhile, I've crept above him and it's not a comfortable place to be. I'm trying to cut out a lot of grain-based carbs because that honestly keeps me from overeating and crossing my fingers the scale finally moves down instead of up! 

• Options
    @hartmich that's exactly what I've been doing and I feel like it's working for me. With my pcos (not insulin resistant) carbs are the enemy! I look at a slice of bread and gain weight

@adirat my RE never really encouraged any type of diet for me, but maybe other RE's are more natural minded 
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow I did a lot of reading about PCOS and it definitely seems like carbs are the enemy... sadly.  :( I'm glad to hear it's working for you, I need to stick with it. I went away this past weekend to celebrate a friend's 30th birthday, and between the food, beer & wine, I'm up even MORE on the scale. Starting over again as of yesterday. 

@adirat The RE yesterday asked if I was doing any specific diet, but never commented either way. Stupidly, I didn't ask what she thought! Why does that always happen with doctors? 

• Options
    @lulu1180 Yep! Plus my husband (coming from an Italian family) thinks it's really important to eat a lot in order to get pregnant so he is not helpful!

@hartmich I know what you mean. Give me all the information you have! I will seriously try anything! (I mean, I am even trying the "relax and it'll happen" BS so...) I am putting together a list of questions to ask the RE because otherwise I know I'm going to forget all of them, and one is going to be about diets both for me and for DH. He will never eat healthy unless a doctor says it (I suppose in all honesty it also remains to be seen if he will do it if a doctor suggests it but...).

• Options
    This week has been dragging! Thankfully my principal is out for the day so work is the slightest bit less stressful. I'm just trying to get through until Thursday- I take a burlesque dance class that meets then!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @hartmich good for you for getting back at it! It really does help, I feel almost normal when I'm not eating a lot of carbs. I also started taking inositol which is supposed to be good for pcos and that has really improved my mood and carb cravings
  • Options
    @adirat do you think we should do a check-in thread for the ttc & fertility diet thread? Or just revive the old thread?

• Options
    @LuND I'd be happy for it to be a weekly thread. I considered starting it for this week but didn't because (a) I'm not picking anything until I see the RE later this month and (b) there wasn't a ton of discussion so I wasn't sure if others were interested? But now that the new year is actually here, I wonder if it will pick up more?

• Options
    @adirat Some people can be such insensitive pricks!  Until you have struggled TTC you have no idea what people are capable of in a situation like that.  I could absolutely see that happening IRL after the struggles I've been through already.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @adirat OMG I would've been right there with you defending the narrator!  
  • Options
    @lulu1180 YAS. Someone I know isn't handling pregnancy really well and I just think "I'd love morning sickness. I'd love to avoid alcohol. I'd love to be gaining baby weight." I'm not saying that a tough pregnancy will be easier for any of us, BUT I do feel like we all have a bit more perspective.