TTC After a Loss
Options

***January WTO***

Re: ***January WTO***

• Options
    @reneeannemm ugh so sorry about your old roommate.
    @justsuzie woohoo awesome news! 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    I go here now. AF arrived late saturday evening so I'm guessing Sunday is officially cd1. I'll be heading to the RE tomorrow for baseline testing and then starting up cycle 2 of clomid and iui. FX!
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fx @brooklyngirl18 ! Hope IUI #2 is successful. :smile:

I had a blinking smiley on the CBAD this morning, so we'll see if the wondfo is darkening today.  I'm distrustful of the CBAD generally, but it has been right at least once before so I hold out hope.  Whole 30 is going pretty well right now and I can actually see some changes already so I'm encouraged to continue. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    I go here now.  CD 3 and AF hasn't picked up steam yet.  It's a little heavier than spotting but not by much.  This happened last cycle too, and I thought I was just getting lucky with a lighter flow, but then the evening of CD3 sucked SO bad.  So I'm betting on tonight being unpleasant.  It's so weird how my cycles keep changing when I used to be like clockwork in terms of O, LP, and AF.  Now I'm all over the place.  Fx that 2017 is better than 2016 for everyone here!
  • Options
    @migdala My first AF after the loss is soooo weird.  I go from heavy to light in the span of a couple hours and then it tapers off completely. I hope this is not what I have to look forward to.  I was consistent for 20 years- 1 day light, 2 days heavy, 1 day taper off. 
  • Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited January 2017
    @brooklyngirl18 Sorry for CD1. FX that this next cycle is it for you!

@laeberge3 C'mon ovaries! Get in gear! I'm glad Whole 30 is working for you though.

@migdala Sorry that your AF is so weird. 

AFM, I'm jumping in over here. Huge temp drop and my usual pre-AF spotting greeted me this morning, so CD1 should be later today or tomorrow. I'm pretty bummed. I was SO positive last cycle would be it for us, and now I'm feeling foolish for being hopeful.
  • Options
    @justsuzie I'm a few days late seeing this, but I'm so, so happy AF arrived for you-it's about time!
    @RiverSong15 sorry for BFN, girl. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    I'm officially back here.  AF arrived this morning so CD1 for me.  
  • Options
    sorry for the bfn @Mack2342
  • Options
    @justsuzie. Yeah it sucks. I was POAS when AF started.  Totally sucked!!! 
  • Options
    So sorry @Mack2342. That's just adding insult to injury. FX for you this cycle!
  • Options
    Sorry @Mack2342. BFNs suck
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    Thanks ladies. @RiverSong15. Yes it was like an extra slap in the face 
  • Options
    So sorry @Mack2342. Seriously, wtf sometimes. 
  • Options
    Did anyone's cycle post loss return to normal right away?  I am right on track with a 3.5 day AF with nothing different than usual.  
  • Options
    Mine have been very different after my loss. They are shorter and lighter
  • Options
    Mine have been different, too. I think the first "normal" one I had was about 8 months after the MC. It's great that yours is seeming to be normal, @justsuzie!

@Mack2342. So sorry for the BFN. How very rude of AF to show mid-poas.

I think/hope/pray (haha!) that I'm about to O. Saw EWCM and again another near positive wondfo. CBAD is still blinking at me, but my body might be trying to do it's job. FF thinks I'm 5dpo, haha, but quite sure it'll take those crosshairs away tomorrow. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    @justsuzie My actual flow has been pretty much the same as before loss: spot, heavy, clots, clots, spot, one more light go at things (over three or four days). What has changed is my ovulation day has moves around pretty wildly for me, even still. I have much stronger, longer lasting cramps, more sore boobs and even my luteal phase is kind of weird, lasting from 13 (pre-loss normal) to 16 (with five days of spotting before). So I what I am rambling towards is: on a surface level, it is very similar, but it isn't really.

On my end, took my second dose of Clomid yesterday. Felt like walking death starting at about 3 pm. I don't know if you can feel the side effects of depression so quickly? Or if that was just my normal infertility depression or I was just so tired from not sleeping that I was super bummed. I got half way through making dinner and just stopped. I am super duper sensitive to medication. Redheads metabolize opiates differently than everyone else and in my experience things usually work a little wonky with me, like non-drowsy stuff putting me to sleep and Benadryl making me wide awake and crazy restless. There isn't a lot of research into any of it, aside from the study of opiates, but I hesitate so much before asking for meds because of this.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    @reneeannemm sorry you're so sensitive to mediciation, that certainly complicates things. I took my second dose of clomid yesterday also. I take it right before bed in the hopes of sleeping through any side effects but one thing I can't escape is the hot flashes. I was burning up in bed last night. I usually sleep in a t shirt, pants and socks and last night i had to ditch the socks and put on shorts and slept without any covers. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    @justsuzie ive only had 2 af after loss and both have been pretty normal 

@reneeannemm. So sorry to hear that medications affect you so much. Hope it get started easier. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    @justsuzie - my AF after my first loss was pretty wonky. Almost 3 weeks of spotting and cramping. But my AF after my second loss everything was like clockwork - no issues. So I guess it just depends. After waiting over 100 days for AF - I hope you don't have any other issues!

@reneeanem - Im so sorry the medications are affecting you like that. I hope you are feeling better soon and that is all worth it and get your rainbow baby soon.
  • Options
    @justsuzie You have a 3.5 day AF?!?!  Mine last 8 days and it's like the prom scene from Carrie pretty much the entire time.  It does make WTO kind of easier since it happens so soon after AF ends, I guess.
  • Options
    Lol @migdala Carrie's prom pretty much describes my period too! I'm usually 5-7 days though, with lots of clots to start. I'm in the middle of my first period after my MC, so I don't know if the duration will be the same as before, but the flow is definitely heavy and back to normal. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @reneeannemm sorry you're having to deal with that! I remember your previous posts about being sensitive to medications, alcohol, etc.
    @migdala you just made me LOL with the whole Carrie reference ;-)

Had to forego doing OPKs in the afternoon and stick to FMU, they all read negative because they're too diluted (the perils of being well hydrated!). I got my first positive LH surge this morning on an Easy@Home test though! (I don't temp due to my schedule and hyperthyroidism would increase temps regardless)--had a great BD sesh last night so hopefully will be up for another one tonight. DH has kind of a low sex drive. 
  • Options
    @reneeannemm I'm so sorry that you're having so many side effects from the meds. FX this works for you and you don't need to take them again!

@amberruka Yay for a positive OPK! 

I'm just sitting here at CD3, twiddling my thumbs impatiently. Since I generally O a little later (CD18 or so), I have a good two weeks before the action starts... Lol. I'm traveling out of town for FW, so FX we still get good timing this month!
  • Options
    @migdala You made me lol.  Thanks!  

@reneeannemm so sorry you aren't feeling like yourself.  Being depressed must be horrible in this weather.  Get yourself some sunlight as much as you can, might help.  My mom has seasonal depression and she is so unlike herself in the winter.  Best of luck to you.

@RiverSong15 Ugh hate all waits.  I feel like I am waiting my life away.

• Options
    @justsuzie I agree totally feel like we just hurry up and wait
  • Options
    amberrukaamberruka member
    edited January 2017
    I thought the LH surge line would lighten today but it's even *darker* than yesterday-woo hoo! Esp. since last night no BD, I have a raging cold and DH has some, ahem, abrasions from BD on Wed night.  ;) I'm starting to think he's allergic or highly sensitive to the Conceive Plus..?

Edit: Grammar Police
  • Options
    I go here now! Cd 1, womp womp. Hoping you ladies that are close to O have all the good timing ;) 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    Sorry for AF @Uhlease13
  • Options
    Sorry for CD1 @Uhlease13.

@amberruka That sounds very...unpleasant...for your DH. Hopefully he feels better and you can get some BD in today.

@reneeannemm I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Hopefully you don't have too many residual side effects.

@laeberge3 Yay for Oing soon!

@justsuzie Yep, it's definitely hurry up and wait. It feels a lot like I do when I'm flying long distances. Hurry hurry hurry... Stand around forever. Lol.
  • Options
    CD 9 and AF is still here. New record. I thought the witch had left and didn't take precautions and my beautiful white sheets have paid the price. Ughhhhh
  • Options
    @migdala oh that sucks!  Hopefully you can get it out. I use oxy on just about everything and it works
  • Options
    Hope you ladies are all hanging in ok!!!

CD18 here....flashing smiley day 6. Rough pinchy cramping on the right side today, so hoping for the best in the next couple days!!!

I didn't get a solid smiley till CD19 on my BFP chart. So still hopeful!!!
    Me: 35 DH: 32
    Married: June 2012
    TTC #1: Aug/Sept 2016
    BFP: 9/22/16
    D&C: 11/9/16
  • Options
    @migdala oh man! I'm sorry! 

@BeagleMom34 get it girl!!

CD 3 over here, and super light AF already. I should be happy about that, but kind of curious about why/hoping my lining was ok and just overall hoping things are ok in there you know? 

WTO always seems longer than the TWW!

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    I dunno what's up but I have endless amounts of watery cm on CD 8. Just finished Clomid yesterday and can't rely on OPKs for another few days. I never get better than watery, I thought Clomid dried you out?? Usually I have watery from CD 8 to O (around 15). I've been eating a whole grapefruit and drinking a pot of genmaicha every day, but maybe the dose was too low. I'm not really looking for answers; just musing aloud.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    I'm new here. I'm on, hopefully, my last day of bleeding with my 2nd mc. I was only 5 weeks so considered a cp I guess. OB didn't say anything about waiting to ttc so we are jumping right back in. Last time around I was farther along and was told to wait three months. I lasted two before we caved and started trying. I got a rainbow baby then and am hoping and praying the same thing happens this time.