Pregnant after IF
Options

3rd Trimester Check-In: Week of January 2nd

dragonfaeriedragonfaerie member
edited January 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently. 

QOTW:  What has been the best thing you've purchased/been given that has helped with your pregnancy?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@LynnNJ EDD 1/13/17 with a little boy
@vssbrm EDD 1/14/17 with a little boy 
@WishingforLuckEDD 1/25/17 with a boy and girl
@dragonfaerie EDD 1/27/17 with a little boy  
@NurseTMD85 EDD 2/17/17 with a little girl
@chicandbubbly EDD 2/25/17 with a little boy
@yelllow22 EDD 3/1/17 with one bean
@kfras EDD 3/15/17 with a little boy
@pdbird EDD 3/20/17 with a little boy

Congratulations to @kuposa17 on her sweet little boy!
Congratulations to @ultratomato on her precious twin girls!
Congratulations to @Drove2u on her beautiful little girl!
Congratulations to @Tulips29 on her special little boy!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
TTC since April 2013
Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
IVF round 1: January 2016
ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
EDD: January 27, 2017
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-In: Week of January 2nd

• Options
    I'm up to having weekly appointments now; next one is on Thursday. My goal from here on out is to go for a walk everyday. Ever since Wee Boy dropped last week, my back has been hurting more,  so I've definitely been sitting on the heating pad. I have a massage on Friday too, so yay for that :)

QotW: My snoogle has been a sleep saver for sure. It seemed like such a ridiculous expense, but it really helped me sleep,  especially when we traveled.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hey all.
    I feel like such a procrastinator, the rooms aren't finished yet, and my bags aren't packed yet. My goal is to get everything done before this weekend.
    QOTW:  The first thing that comes to mind is being gifted two humidifiers although only one was on my registry. I tend to get real dry during winters, so it's helped quite a bit. I was recently gifted a 64oz water bottle and it is great. Not only does it make me drink more throughout the day, I like that it contains a freeze stick so it keeps my water cold. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kfraskfras member
    edited January 2017
    Hi all - this is my first time posting in the third trimester. My EDD is 3/15/17 with a little boy! I have been feeling ok except for occasional sharp pains in my stomach. Usually if I eat too much or I have a full bladder. Ob said this is common because of the uterus taking up so much room in there. We haven't started the nursery yet but the plan is to redo the walls, paint, and have new carpet installed this month. 

I am not sure I have received any gifts that have been super helpful yet. So far just the gifts cards for maternity clothes that I got for my birthday and for Christmas have been good since those can be expensive! I need to start sleeping with my body pillow as my back has been hurting lately. 

As for appointments, my glucose was elevated for my one hour test so I had the three hour tolerance test last week and I passed. It's such a relief. I have my monthly OB visit on Thursday. 
  • Options
    @kfras Welcome to the third trimester! I added you to the list.  
    It's definitely nice to get good maternity clothes. I'm happy you passed your glucose test,  that's got to be a relief.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @WishingforLuck we only just got our bag packed and the nursery is not finished,  don't worry!!
    @ultratomato congrats!! They are beautiful!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato stalking from 2nd tri but congrats on the twins! Just curious are you in NJ? My sister had her baby on the 29th, there were 3 twins that day also and a packed nursery haha. If you weren't at her hospital it's crazy that they had 3 sets of twins on the 29th also. 
  • Options
    @ale9687 I delivered at community hospital in Toms River 
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie that makes me feel better, that I'm not the only one  :D
    @ultratomato Congrats, they are so precious!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato too funny so did my sister at 10am on the 29th. 
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie Yes! The snoogle pillow has been the best thing I've gotten so far. I made the huge mistake of not bringing it with me during my holiday travel and boy did I regret it 

Welcome to the board @kfras Glad you passed the glucose test, one less thing to worry about!

@ultratomato Congratulations on your beautiful baby girls! How are you feeling?

@vssbrm You are almost ready, that's awesome! Sounds like baby is doing great too... what a sweet picture!

I am down to biweekly appointments, next one is tomorrow. Just got back from my 1 week vacation in South Fl visiting the family and I spent the entire day trying to organize the mess in our apartment and make room for baby since we are probably going to be here with her for at least one month before our new home is ready... it would be so nice to have a nursery in progress but oh well!
    No too excited to go back to work tomorrow, I was getting used to sleeping in  :p but beyond happy to know that soon I'll meet my baby!
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Options
    @ale9687 mine was at 9am but got delayed with all the babies they were born at 10:30am what a small world
  • Options
    @ultratomato congrats on your precious little girls!! Best of luck with them!
  • Options
    @ultratomato congrats!! They are precious. I hope you all are doing well! Do they keep you and the babies in the hospital longer than usual with twins?
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    @ultratomato congratulations!!!!! Your little girls are so precious! I love their names :heart:
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    @yelllow22 Yah, my DH fortunately thinks ahead and has not let me travel even one night without my pillow.  It's really nice in the car too!!
    Good luck getting up early again! 
    @vssbrm That's great how ready you are! I may take our carseat to the fire department this week. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited January 2017
    My husband was up all night with the flu, he was puking his guts out. Great time to get sick... esp since we finished the last bits of the nursery last night. So, can I spray the entire room down with lysol?
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • Options
    @vssbrm oh man that stinks! Yes, lysol everything! :( 
    @chicandbubbly Beautiful nursery!! I have my second baby shower on Saturday as well :)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @chicandbubbly no wonder you love your nursery, it looks like it came straight from a magazine, you did an amazing job!
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie My husband was the one who convinced me to leave it, so he got to hear me complain quite a bit lol
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Options
    @yelllow22 awww thanks so much!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    pdbirdpdbird member
    edited January 2017
    I made it! I'm now in my 3rd Tri (I'm 28 weeks today) and I can see the finish line. I'm due around 3/20/17 (39 weeks. They don't want me going to 40 cause I was diagnosed with GD). I'm having a boy and my OB appts are now every two weeks. I'm going to ask what the surgery schedule is like for my scheduled c-section when I see my doc on Friday. Because I had emergency c-section with my first LO, my doc agreed that the 2nd LO will be born via c-section as well. Turns out my pelvis is small for the big boy heads I deliver. ;)

Baby room is no where done and it's still my office. We will continue working on it in the coming weeks. I also have a sibling prep class for my 6yr old DS scheduled and the car seat inspection scheduled.

For anyone also dealing with sibling prep, my DS got a book for Christmas called, "Babies Don't Eat Pizza". It's all about what to expect with a little brother or sister and how it will affect them as the older kid. It's actually a really good book for anyone who is also prepping with a sibling. Sweet with some slight humor that he gets a kick out of. It also sparks conversation and questions which I love answering cause they are hilarious!

QOTW: I can't think of the anything that was purchased/given to help with my pregnancy as I haven't bought anything new from my last pregnancy. :)

@ultratomato  - Love your photos! So cute and precious. Congrats!
    @chicandbubbly  - The room looks awesome! I could use you here in California to help with my LO's room! ;)

Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @pdbird Congrats on joining us in the third trimester!!

DH didn't fully finish painting the nursery this last week as we ended up with extra projects. My MIL bought us our new bedroom furniture for Christmas, so that required the trip to IKEA, moving the old guest room furniture out, moving our old bedroom furniture into the guest room, and then assembling our new furniture. Gah! Lol. It was extremely generous and we are very grateful because with our new room layout there is more room for the bassinet. After next week I will post pics of the nursery 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vssbrm they didn't make us stay babies did great no NICU. I was glad I made it to  38 weeks. 
  • Options
    @ultratomato that's great! Even tho I'm sure all the nursing support is awesome, it has to be so nice to just get the babies home. Enjoy!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    @Tulips29 - you are so close! Can't wait to see pics of your little one!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Tulips29 I clearly missed the change in your c-section date! Hugs for you!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the sweet comments about the nursery!
    Welcome to 3rd tri @pdbird!
    @tulips29 one more day! How exciting, good luck to you!! :) I believe the ledge shelves were from target- I was planning on using the spice racks from Ikea but we liked the look of these better.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    Hi. I have my 36 week appointment this afternoon. DH will be joining me since I will have an ultrasound at this appointment. The c-section is 9 days from now! I'm feeling ok. The acid reflux I had last week has basically been resolved. Since my maternity leave started right before the holidays, I have had some time to relax a bit. I have a bag packed for myself and another one for the baby. I have to go through the bags again to see if there's anything else I should take out or add to the bags. At least I have something ready to go.

QOTW: I liked the Snoogle during the time I used it. I've been sleeping on the couch for the last two months with our construction going on, so there hasn't been room for the Snoogle. While I got tired of using the belly band, I actually go a lot of use out of it. I should have bought a lot more maternity pants than I did, but I managed to get by with some of my other pants while using a belly band. When I'm not planning to go out anywhere, I've been wearing a lot of drawstring or loose fitting non-maternity sweatpants. I will likely wear them after the c-section as well. I also used a bump belt. It was not too expensive, but I felt safer in the car while using it. I recently bought an extra one so I didn't have to keep moving the other one when my husband would drive or if I was going to go in another car.  I can't say anything of these things were things I couldn't live without, but I definitely got a lot of use out of them.

I know some of you that were following this group had c-sections. I don't remember any of them being planned c-sections like mine is, but I just curious about how your recoveries are going. From what I've read, it sounds very similar to the recovery of the surgery I had in May 2015. I had a myomectomy, which I needed in order to get pregnant in the first place. I did very well with the recovery from that, but this time I know I won't be able to pamper myself like last time since I'll be taking care of the baby. So I'd really like to know how your recoveries have been going? I'm also curious to know what everyone is packing for the hospital.
  • Options
    @Tulips29 sending positive vibes & good luck for your c-section tomorrow!! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    I had my 36 week ultrasound this afternoon. The baby's head is down.  He is 6.5 lbs and I think the dr said 16 or 17 inches long. We actually  saw the baby's face this time. I didn't know that these kinds of ultrasounds could do that.  It was pretty amazing! So the dr confirmed the c-section date as the 13th, he said unless I go into labor earlier. While I knew that was the case, seeing that things are progressing makes it a reality that I could go into labor earlier. I have bags packed but feel like I need to get things better organized before heading to the hospital. I'm feeling excited and a little bit nervous now.  I have another appointment next Tuesday.  I guess that will be the last appointment before the scheduled C-section.  
  • Options
    @pdbird Welcome to the 3rd trimester!  That book sounds like a very sweet gift, it has to be very exciting to see your boy getting ready to become a big brother 

@Tulips29 I am so excited for your big day tomorrow!!! I hope you get a good night of sleep and that everything goes smoothly. You have a big Cheerleading team over here!

@Drove2u  Congratulations!!! I bet she truly is perfect, enjoy your little miracle!

@LynnNJ You are almost there! I know I will feel like I'm missing something until the very end! I really want to start packing my bag even though I'm only 32 weeks lol I'm just so excited! Good luck with your appointment next week
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    DD born 3/2/17
  • Options
    Congrats @Drove2u!!!! So amazing :heart:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    @Drove2u - that sounds exactly like my labor! Glad you are doing well! Congrats!!!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Drove2u congratulations! glad to hear both you and baby are doing well and I hope you recover fast.