Infertility
Options

January IVF

Re: January IVF

• Options
    dragonette505 thank you <3 No, we didn't use icsi but surely looks like we'll use in future. How are you feeling? Looking forward to your updates, fingers crossed. 
    My TTC history:
    TTC since 2013. Unexplained Infertility *Low ovarian reserve 
    Fibroid removed August2013
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    Fibroid removed December2015
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF#2 November2016 (3 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 2 ) - BFN  
    IVF #3 January2017 (5 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 3 ) - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #5 June2017 (1 egg retrieved, polysermy) Mini IVF - Bust  :'(:'(:'(
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• Options
    @IfYouCanDreamIt My heart aches for you :( Fingers and toes are crossed that the other 2 can catch up. I hope you get some answers from the dr. Sending lots of love your way. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32  Dx: Unexplained
    TTC #1 off and on since 2010
    11/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    12/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    1/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    2/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    4/16 - Follistim + IUI = BFN
    5/16 - 11/16 - Life / WTFing / Pity Party / Saving $
    1/17 - IVF #1 (Fresh Transfer / 6 frosties) = BFN
    3/17 - FET.... BFP! EDD 11/29
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @IfYouCanDreamIt From What i understand, sometimes the eggs shells can be too thick or tough... my first clinic charged over 1500 for icsi so we did all natural fertilization there.... first cycle i had a normal amount fertilize, second cycle only 3. So it happens sometimes randomly. My current clinic never considered anything but icsi for me so I haven't had that randomness these past cycles. If you can, I'd go with icsi to rule out thick egg shells
  • Options
    @sleepyrn - so sorry to hear your news! take care of yourself and hope to see you back on here when you're ready!

AFM - DH and I took a weekend trip to visit my brother in alabama and just got home. I missed so many posts! Still waiting on AF to arrive so I can schedule the sono hsg and start the bcps for the ivf cycle.

Hope everyone is having a good long weekend! :smile:
  • Options
    Good news- dr doesn't think it's a polyp based off of my past hysteroscopies. Moving forward as planned. Retrieval should be this Friday. I didn't get the count on folicles but I guess it really matters for retrieval time. I think they counted over 20 today. I feel like my ovaries are the size of watermelons. This is seriously the longest month ever! Is anyone else super emotional? I cried when I picked up my medicine for after retrieval. I saw all of the needles for the progesterone shots and broke down.
  • Options
    I'm super emotional, crying during commercials! I have been ok with the stims and Lupron but I am super nervous about giving myself the rogesterone shots myself. The needles are so big!
  • Options
    Lin&say thank you so much <3 

caseyw8784 weekend trip sounds fun! Hope you don't have to wait much longer to get started. fx

@patricej55 yay for moving forward and no wonder your ovaries feel large holding that many folicles, great job! Being emotional during IVF is normal, I find myself bursting into tears over silly things. Sorry you got to do the progesterone shots, my RE has me on crinone progesterone.

AFM we have one late fertilized embryo catching up with the first one, at 48h after retrieval they were 4 cells and 5 cells and it now looks like we are transferring both of them tomorrow. I felt ready to give up on this cycle but since we seem to have couple of fighters there that just might be the one/two we need, I'm giving it all I have and for the first time attempting bedrest after transfer. I'm a very active person and I'm a bit worried that I'll get bored after couple movies..
    Has any of you stayed in bed rest and if so, for how long and how did you get the time pass? 

Positive vibes to everyone on this board xxx
    My TTC history:
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited January 2017
    @patricej55 Glad you didn't have to worry about the polyp, I had several that needed removed. Looks like we may be ER buddies, I'm also hoping for Friday, but it may be Saturday too since we are waiting for some follicles to catch up hopefully. I don't want to do progesterone and estrogen so I'm doing a natural FET at some point in the future, hopefully. 

@IfYouCanDreamIt Good that you have two to transfer! May I ask you if you did mini-IVF (low dose)? I'm trying to set my expectations in terms of number of possible eggs since I'm on low dose and I seem to only have 3 decent follicles. 

I'm so sick and tired of the daily injections (3 per day), I just want it to end. My endometriosis is starting to flare up, I am becoming impatient/obsessive and ridiculously childish with my husband (haha), I am extremely tired to the point of not being able to do anything all day and I can't move without feeling twinges in my ovary. How many days were you on injections? 
  • Options
    bestofjoy Yes, my meds dosing was increased in each cycle so far, this cycle was Decapectyl 0.1, Gonal-F 300 IUI, Cetrotide 0.25 and Menopur 262. I was total 9 days on injections. Sending you creepy internet hugs x

My TTC history:
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  

• Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited January 2017
    For those on Ganerelix or Cetrotide, I'm freaking out here. Do you know if it's ok to have it 2 hours earlier than usual? I know it has to be taken at the same time each day, but is earlier bad? For full disclosure here, I'm a wuss and have a nurse give the injections to me (didn't go to the IVF class since my RE never mentioned it), but she can only do it earlier tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @IfYouCanDreamIt - the trip was fun! they live in tuscaloosa so they gave us a tour of University of Alabama (the football stadium - HUGE! i live in boston, and the Bama stadium seats twice as many people as the Patriot's stadium...sheesh!) Good luck today on the transfer! FX :smile:
  • Options
    @IfYouCanDreamIt Ahhh that's wonderful news!! I hope transfer goes well today!! I did a modified bedrest for about 24 hrs. Do you like to read? That's how I passed a lot of time. 

@bestofjoy I know, the shots do get old quickly, but retrieval will be here before you know it! Keep on keeping on...it'll be worth it! As for taking the cetrocide/ganirelix earlier...I wouldn't think it would hurt to do it earlier but then you'd have to shift all your times after that, I would think? It's a pretty easy shot to give yourself so might be worth just covering your eyes and going for it haha

• Options
    @IfYouCanDreamIt - that's so exciting!!! All you need is one little fighter to make it. Fingers crossed! 

@bestofjoy I absolutely hate shots too and the cetrotide isn't really bad at all. I thought I was going to faint the first time I gave it to myself but now I like to think I'm a pro. 

Work is so stressful I started crying today. I am such an emotional mess! If my transfer is next Tuesday I'm planning on taking the rest of the week off. I told my boss we were going thru ivf and she has been really good about me taking off of work. I am dreading the tww. 

• Options
    @bestofjoy I took cetrotide and a couple of days I took it a little earlier than usual... didn't do anything negative to me.

I am going crazy with waiting until beta blood work - which is Monday 1/23. I am a nut case and took a pregnancy test today (my 5-day transfer was Friday 1/13) and the test was negative. Ahhhh I hate all the suspense of this. :( 
    I am keeping myself "busy" but let's be real... this little baby is the only thing I can think about!
    Me 28, DH 30
    unexplained infertility
    7/2013 EP methotrexate
    1/2015 mc at 6 weeks
    7/2016 mc at 7 weeks
    1/2017 IVF #1 - fresh transfer 1 embryo, BFN
    3/2017 FET 

• Options
    I've been MIA, I have a hard time keeping up! 

Just wanted to chime in, @bestofjoy, I think you will be OK. The nurse wouldn't do anything that she thought would be a problem, right? Anecdotally, my third retrieval cycle I stopped worrying as much about some things, including timing of shots and whether or not I was getting all of the medicine out of the vial (doesn't it always seem like there's some left?!?), and it was the best of the 3 cycles. I think they just want you to take the shots at about the same time frame.
    *TW*
    Me: 36 DH: 34 Dx: MFI, TTC since 2014
    3 IVF retrievals.
    PGS and PGD results from 9 embryos: 1 genetically normal embryo.
    April 2017 transfer. BFP! M/C 11 weeks.
    Donor embryo program: January 2018 transfer. BFP, EDD 10/6/18

• Options
    @patricej55 Sorry work is stressing you out so much. Definitely save some sanity and take the rest of the week off! 

@Nikkilegare The wait is killer! I broke down and peed on a stick today too  :# Can it just be Monday already?!

@dragonette505 Any updates? 
  • Options
    Lurker checking in! :) we had our injection class today so I can semi understand what everyone's talking about now :) ending BC next Wed then starting stims shortly after. Whew. My husband was a trooper in class, but then came home and got super stressed (he still doesn't get why **TW** we got pregnant with our daughter without issues and now we find ourselves here. No clue either buddy, sorry). He's heading out of town to see his brother this weekend so I'm hoping the breather calms him down. Any other spouses very stressed? I know he'll step up and calm me when I need it though, he's a good balance, it was definitely an overwhelming day.

anxious to start finally!! Love following everyone's journey though I haven't had much to say :)
  • Options
    @PolythenePam - my husband gets very stressed about all of this! This past year we've had issues with family members cooperating to get dna samples/tested (we are going pgd testing) and when i get stressed, i often cry, and he doesn't know what to do when i cry :lol:
    But with all the waiting we've done, he's unfortunately had time to think and mull over all the different scenarios of things going wrong (and right, too) and if we will be able to afford kids in general (rationally he knows we can), etc etc etc...stuff typical guys think about when they know their lives are about to change immensely!  like you said, he steps up and calms me down when needed, too :smile:
  • Options
    @PolythenePam Me too!  My last dose of BC is Sunday night and I will start stims on CD2 - hopefully sometime next week.  I am going to my IVF/ Stims orientation on Monday afternoon but thanks to all the ladies here I feel like I am ahead of the game.  You have all been so helpful in helping me to prepare!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @PolythenePam I also had my injection training (and baseline u/s - only had 9...) yesterday.  But my husband didn't even go.  Honestly as much as I hate needles (even little ones) I managed to get thru this half once before (though years ago) - what I'll really need his help with is the PIO shots!  If he's anxious at all he's good at hiding it.  But also I suspect he's still not entirely convinced we need to go this route since we only tried 2 months and didn't really TTA the *TW* loss cycle (then TTA the last couple of months with the IVF plan), but um...I'll be 40 and he 42 this year.

Last BC pill tonight then I begin my state as a human pin cushion this Sunday!
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @artemis618 Men are funny like that huh?? That's similar to my husband, he had one too many one night and said we should just keep trying and if it takes 6 years it takes 6 years. But... no. The 18 months of perfectly timing, getting mad at each other for who knows what, blaming ourselves and each other... over it. Done. The last 6 months of just appointments and getting ready for IVF has actually been a relief. I told him it'll be a few crummy weeks and then done. (And generally he really is on board, I get his frustration though, I wish we weren't in this situation too). Good luck to you!!
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited January 2017
    I feel good, at the last US I had 7 almost ready to go follicles (improvement over the 3 the previous US). One is already at 19mm so I will likely lose it with ER being pushed back one day.  

Who else is close to ER? 
  • Options
    Hi all, i've been following this thread for a while and it's nice to finally say hi to everyone and joining in the conversation. I hope things are going well for everyone.

I just started my Lupron shot last night, hoping to get through this cycle without any complication!   ;)

4 years TTC (Unexplained)
    2014: 3 IUIs Failed
    2014: IVF #1 succeed- Baby Boy Born 2015
    2017: IVF #2 Jan Cycle - BFP! EDD 11/2/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all, I'm trying to catch up as so much has been happening here!
    @PolythenePam my husband definitely gets stressed too. I feel like part of it is that he feels badly that I'm the one that has to go through all the tough stuff and he wishes he could share the burden. 
    @artemis618 I cracked up when I read this "I begin my state as a human pin cushion this Sunday!" I am on BCP and going in for blood work and ultrasound tomorrow to see if I'm ready to start my stims. I'm antsy to get the process started. 
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited January 2017
    Hahaha, "human pin cushion"! That's exactly how I feel now, two more to go including trigger, ugh. So I had a surprise at the last US, I was expecting just a few mature follicles , but it looks like I over-responded and will likely have 15!!! Holy cow. I'm conflicted about this, really, because I was supposed to have a mini-IVF for various reasons and I ended up being over-stimulated. We'll see at ER. 

Question, does your clinic prescribe an antibiotic to DH prior to ER? I wonder what that is for...
    Also, did you happen to be passed on to another RE for ER because it is during the weekend?
    I'm worried about OHSS since most are on one ovary!! Did any of you have that many on one side??
  • Options
    @patricej55 I'm slated for Saturday, good luck to us! :) 
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome @Einne.hh !
  • Options
    Hi ladies!  Ive been lurking for a while but I'm jumping back in.  This is my first ivf cycle.  I had my last US and labs yesterday, they said my ovaries are so big they are kissing! Haha unbelievable!  I also have a big endometrioma on the left - I named her Mildred, I hope she stays calm and out of the way.  Somehow follies were able to develop around her so that's good.  We did the trigger shot last night, and my retrieval is tomorrow too, @patricej55 - wishing you luck!!!  I'm so nervous/scared/excited.  Also feeling moody and emotional!  Going to bake some chocolate chip cookies to help me feel relaxed/happy prior to the retrieval!  Ahhh!  
  • Options
    @lady_grey and @patricej55 Good luck tomorrow, ladies! Hope you get lots of eggs and recover quickly! 

@Einne.hh @laurad75 @artemis618 Yay for starting stims! Good luck...It'll be over before you know it! 

@bestofjoy No antibiotic for hubby here. And I did have a different dr since mine was on the weekend. But I really only saw him for a few minutes before I passed out. I apparently carried on a convo with him when I woke up too but have no recollection of it lol. Anyways, it wasn't a big deal so I wouldn't stress. 
  • Options
    lurking

@IfYouCanDreamIt I've had you in my thoughts since our cycle together, really hoping you've got some sticky beans in there.  I get all your woes as i'll be starting back up when my body can get back on board.  I wanted to share that the one thing my clinic mentioned was if they first to regular insemination and it doesn't take they then can try icsi and see if that works....they said they couldn't do the reverse though...something to look into maybe?  Because of my low count they did all through icsi which did help so who knows.  Have everything crossed that you have some sticky beans in there!!!

@lady_grey sad when i see familiar names but so hopeful this will be your time, wishing u all the best!

good luck to all, hoping lots of BFPs are coming ur way!
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• Options
    Hi Ladies! So I went in for another sono and my follies are around 9.5 (the largest) doc said that I may need an additional day of stim before they trigger me.( tues instead of monday now) So now I have to buy another gono pen... and like one day worth of menopur... (ughhh) anyway I am hoping that I end up with a good amount after all of this. (5 on L and 4 on R currently)  He did find a cyst though. Anyone had any problems with one before?
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited January 2017
    @patricej55 and @lady_grey I hope your ER went smoothly and have good news.
    @jayceebabi My RE didn't want to trigger when my lead one was 19! Because he sacrificed it in order for the others to catch up and be mature! Last time my 15mm were not mature at retrieval, so it looks like the optimal size is 16-18 at trigger (at least for me). If you have 9 currently you may develop more with extra days of stim. I had 6 at my second to last US and at my last US before trigger I had 12 mature. They expect even more by ER, holy cow! And I was on half the usual dose, apparently. 
  • Options
    @bestofjoy thats good to hear! Its my first time so I had no idea what to expect. Hopefully I have good news in the morning! Good luck on your ER tomorrow! FX!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Hopeful_mom thank you dear <3 I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, wish there was something more I could do.  x

AFM On the transfer day we had another surprise - a late fertilized day 2 embryo with 4-cells and we decided to transfer that one together with the 2 day 3 embryos (one 8-celled and one 10-celled). I’m now 4 dpt - trying to stay relaxed and positive, though it's so hard when all I can think of is if it will be another disappointment. First beta is on the 29th, which is only couple days before our wedding anniversary and it would be the best gift ever! 

Sticky vibes to all you ladies on TWW, good luck to those on Stims and going in for ER, and fingers crossed for great fertilization reports and transfer days! <3  Hoping to see as many BFPs as possible on this board! <3

My TTC history:
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  

• Options
    @bestofjoy wishing you such good luck at your egg retrieval today! 

I had mine yesterday, still sore.  I think they had to go through one of my endometriomas in order to get to the last of the follies, and the other they could work around.  They got 13 eggs!  Im nervous, excited, scared.  They said they will call daily with updates.  Last night I couldn't really lay flat because I was having this referred pain up to my shoulders and collarbones, I think from pressure in my belly.  That's a bit better today.  Still needing Tylenol and heating pad today for sure.    

@patricej55 I hope your retrieval went well!  

@hopefulmom sending you so much love!  You are such a sweetheart. ❤
  • Options
    I'm so sore too!  They were able to pull 33 eggs! We got the report today that 21 ferlizied. I have an appt on Monday to check for ohss but so far I feel okay. 
  • Options
    @lady_grey I keep thinking I'm getting ohss but it makes me feel better that you have the same symptoms. I just got Tylenol today so I hope that helps with the pain.  Did you get your update yet?!?! 13 eggs is awesome!!!
  • Options
    @patricej55 great job girlie!  That's amazing!!  We got the update a little bit ago: 10 of the 13 fertilized.  We are over the moon!  I am still feeling pinchy pains in my pelvis, and occasional sharp pains in my collarbones or chest that make it hard to take a deep breath.  But I'm definitely moving around better today.  Not feeling too huge or bloated.  I hope your pain gets better!  Tylenol and heating pad and couch time.  <3