Infertility

January IVF

Just wanted to start a post to see if anyone else was starting IVF in January.  January 7th should be day 1 for me.   I'm 33 and DH is 34.  Both have no issues whatsoever but we just can't get pregnant.  We've been trying for a year and a half and haven't been pregnant once during this whole time.   It feels like everyone else around us is getting pregnant but us.   We've been debating single or double embryo transfer.  Our doctor is all for single but wouldn't double increase your chances?  Everything is out of pocket for us so I would have rather have twins than not be pregnant after this.  

Re: January IVF

• Hey Patrice! I'll be doing January IVF as well. I'll start stimming right at the beginning of the month. Had my sonohysterogram done today, which was super fun with my curved cervix :s They basically had to do it twice...ouch.

Unexplained is the worst. It's so hard not having an explanation and no specific problem to treat. I feel your pain. I'm not sure about single or double...what does your doctor suggest?

Hoping the new year will bring us both our babies!
    Me: 31  DH: 32  Dx: Unexplained
    TTC #1 off and on since 2010
    11/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    12/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    1/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    2/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    4/16 - Follistim + IUI = BFN
    5/16 - 11/16 - Life / WTFing / Pity Party / Saving $
    1/17 - IVF #1 (Fresh Transfer / 6 frosties) = BFN
    3/17 - FET.... BFP! EDD 11/29
  • Hi ladies! I'd love to join this group too!

DH have been trying for a few years no with no success. My cycles are very short and I don't ovulate on my own. We had three failed IUI cycles about a year ago and are starting IVF in January too. We should start stimming sometime around 1/12.

We have been debating about transferring one or two embryos as well. Since everything is out of pocket we are leaning towards two embryos. Our RE suggested one but was absolutely okay transferring two if we prefer. 

Excited to have some buddies going through this at the same time! 
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Loading the player...
  • I won't be doing IVF in January, but wanted to wish you all luck. BFPS for you all sounds like a great way to start the year.
  • Hi ladies! I'm starting bcp today and will start my stim on December 28th. This is our first IVF cycle after 3 failed IUIs. I'm only 31, but dealing with diminished ovarian reserve. We have a 2 fresh, unlimited frozen package. We have high hopes that this is our chance to start a family. Best of luck fellow January IVF group!

Just call me CC.  :)

• Hi Ladies! I'm starting my stims on December 31st. DH and I have been trying for 2 years, with 4 failed IUIs. 

DH and I are both 30, no known problems. We just haven't been able to get pregnant since a mmc in October 2014.

I would prefer to do two embryos, but my RE is very insistent on only one. 

So glad to have found you ladies!
    DH & me - 31. 

BFP #1 09/27/14 -- MMC 5w (discovered 8w) 
    IUI #1 - #4  - bfn (late 2015 to early 2016)
    01/03/17 - 12mm x 6mm polyp removed from uterus- neg path, yay!
    IUI #5 - February 2017. Hoping for some magic 
    02.22.17 - BFP! EDD 11/01/17

Baby G has arrived! 10/14/17
  • Hi there everyone.  New to this board (having been posting on the IF thread on TTGP) but I will be starting IVF in January since we will be traveling during my next cycle.  I think we will be starting stims around the 20th of January.  Nervous but kind of excited to start this next step.  
  • Hi all! We are scheduled to start stims on 1/16. I've introed here before but I've mostly lurked. I'm really excited to get started on IVF. We are doing a freeze all cycle so our transfer likely won't be until March. Fingers crossed that I get a bunch of nice eggs to freeze! 

@patricej55 My first question at our IVF consult was can we please, please, please transfer two embryos. our doc is letting us do 2. She says that the SART guideline is to allow patients to do 1 more than what the doc suggests. We got the multiples lecture but she was very gentle and ultimately supportive of our decision to transfer two. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• I really wish we could have done IVF this cycle but our office is shut down for 2 weeks for a cleaning.  We are going to try again this month, we took last month off and it was the best decision ever.  I feel like this has started to take over our lives and it was all we talked and thought about. We haven't really done the sit down with our doctor yet besides the "IVF is the next step" talk but it was such a shock that we didn't really discuss the particulars.  We go in this Wed for the injection class so I'm hoping we will have time to talk to the doctor.

@tamalahoops I'm glad that the guideline says to allow more than 1 of what the doctor suggests.  I feel like if you are paying for it, you should be allowed to get what you want.  I was worried he would talk us out of it or not allow for more than 1.  
    @AngieL610  Are you going to request for more than 1?  I feel like my doctor is going to persuade us to just do 1. My husband and I made a deal that we do 2.  I'm easily persuaded so my husband will be the one to say no we are doing 2 :)

• Good morning ladies,

@tamalahoops First and foremost, I LOVE your picture. Prison Mike is the best haha. Second, it looks like we'll be on the same schedule next month. I should start stimming between 1/12 and 1/15 depending on when my next cycle starts. My cycles are fairly regular but very close together, 22-24 days usually.

DH and I have spent a lot of time trying to decide if we would transfer 1 or 2 embryos when the time comes. I had assumed based on what I had from other posters that my RE would make me stick with one for at least the first round but to my pleasant surprise our RE was okay with us transferring two if we'd like. Since everything is out of pocket for us, the increased success rate of transferring two embryos definitely outweighs the chances of twins. 

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday! Looking forward to January!

IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Hi!!!!! Doing FET in January!!! Found out today!
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • @Mando15 hahaha thanks! I am a little Office obsessed. 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• @tamalahoops me too! It's nice to have a binge worthy comedy like The Office around, especially during times like these! Luckily we have the holidays to keep us busy for a couple more weeks before the fun begins in January. 
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • @Patricej55 I haven't decided yet. DH thinks we should defer to our RE and has been a bit more realistic than I have been when it comes to the work/stress of twins.  However, I'm like a lot of the posters here - I want to increase my chances!!

Question for the group -- I am scheduled for my mock transfer and water sono on Friday. Any idea how long it will take? Were you guys in any discomfort after? I took two hours off from work, but do you think I should request more time off?
    DH & me - 31. 

• **TW previous child***

Joining! I'll be starting somewhere around Jan 20. We'll be doing a single embryo as I had complications during delivery with my daughter so twins would make me more high risk. I got pregnant my daughter with no issue but turns out I have a blocked tube so after trying over 18 months our doc finally gave us the thumbs up for IVF. The initial appt was overwhelming so I'm glad I'll have support!! Good luck all ❤️
  • @AngieL610 I didn't do a mock transfer...just the sono. I have a curved cervix so it took a little longer and was a little more painful than I think they typically are. I was in there about 30 minutes and had no pain afterwards. I ended up having the day off by fluke the day that I had mine done, but I would've had no problem going straight to work afterwards. I would just be sure to pack some panty liners. 
  • My wife and I are planning on IVF in January!  We're doing reciprocal IVF, with her eggs and my uterus.  We're planning on a fresh transfer if we only get one or two embryos, but will freeze and do genetic testing if we have 3 or more.

She's 38 and I'm 39, so our doctor is okay transferring 2 embryos.  At our age, about 60% of embryos are genetically abnormal, so it increases our chances of one normal embryo.

But as much as I want two babies, I really hope we don't end up with a twin pregnancy.  We already have the deck stacked against us with our age, and the increased risks of complications and premature birth, that I'm anxious about the risk that comes with carrying two. If I were a decade younger and didn't have to deal with a "geriatric" pregnancy, I'd probably feel differently. 

We've both been on birth control a week, and I start lupron this coming weekend (the specialty pharmacy is calling today to arrange delivery, and that's when I find out what our drugs are going to cost- yikes).  My baseline is next week (to start fluffing up my uterus), and my wife's baseline is 1/3 (go eggs!), with tentative retrieval in mid-month.

I've had two IVF cycles cancelled for poor response, and a bunch of failed IUIs.  My ovaries are toast-- I envision that all they do each month is wearily emit a little puff of smoke.  So they're retired.  Since I want to get pregnant way more than DW does, we decided to go this route.

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @AngieL610 I took the whole day off from work but we did our IVF class as well that day. The procedure itself took about 15-20 minutes and during the procedure I was very uncomfortable. After the procedure I cramped for about 30 minutes but thats it. Bring a pad if you're like me and don't like the cheap brand your doc offers. The saline leaks out for forever and they use iodine so its gross. Also if your doc didn't tell you, you need a full bladder for them to do the mock transfer. Good luck! 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• Are any of you ladies taking anything now to prep for January? I have never been totally diagnosed with PCOS but I certainly have some symptoms of it. One of which is a pretty high AMH level so my RE put me on Metformin now to hopefully reduce the risk of developing OHSS next month. I am in the process of working my way up to 2000mg a day and at 1000mg a day right now I feel pretty crappy. Terrible headache and pretty nauseous
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Thanks for all of the information, ladies!! Meds were ordered today. Scheduled my injection class for next week Thursday. 

@mando15 I'm just trying to keep my anxiety under control and prepare for the anxiety I'm sure to feel come January. I've been knitting and coloring!

DH & me - 31. 

• @KLake42 yay!! We get to be IVF buddies!

Our RE appt isn't until tomorrow to go over our first IVF cycle, but I have a co-worker going to the same clinic and go to sneak a peak at her schedule (the clinic does batch cycles with all it's clients every other month). 

sounds like they are aiming for ER mid-Jan with transfer around the 24th. 

I thought they only did cycles every TWO months, so finding out we get to do this in January instead of March is awesome!
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So jealous some of you guys get injection classes!! I google attain fertility and follow instructions. Mixing menopur was a fun one tonight! Ahhhh but so excited!!! :) 
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Just curious how much your guys' meds are and where you're ordering from? Mine will get ordered on Tuesday when I'm there for the injection class. My packet said $3-5k for meds but my nurse said it'll be more like $4-6k. Ugh. 
  • Hi ladies, I'll most likely be doing my first round of IVF in January. After 2 failed IUI's I'm meeting with my RE next week to discuss moving forward to IVF. We have one more IUI scheduled but I'm  not hopeful. Feeling nervous about making the jump to IVF but thankful to have the board here for support :) 
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lin&say We applied for Compassionate Care through EMD serono (makers of gonal F and cetrotide) and got approved for 25% off our meds. I think that its based on income but our clinic suggested we include a personal letter detailing what you've spent so far, what you expect to spend, and your journey so far. My husband wrote the letter and, I am biased, but I think its what got us approved. Fax the application with your letter, because the web application doesn't allow you to write any personal info.

We're also ordering our meds through SMP in Miami (we're in NC) because they are supposed to be considerably less expensive. I am happy to share my costs when I get my price list from them today! 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• $3.5k on meds
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • patricej55patricej55 member
    edited December 2016
    Luckily we qualified for a clinical trial so our meds are covered this cycle. We just had our injection training yesterday. Next step is to call on cd1.  I'm curious to see how everyone responds to the meds. We are doing a cumulus cell study so they said our meds were a little different. 
  • Joining! We'll be starting our IVF#3 in beginning of January. Last one was a big disappointment but I do not want to be where we are now this time next year so no time to wait around! 
    Recently discovered I have a non-toxic multinodular goiter and it's being monitored though cleared by endocrinologist that it does not play part in our troubles in conceiving. ER believes my previous operations (fibroid removals) may have impacted my ovarian reserves, increasing my meds in hope for more embryos and as the previous transfers were all 3-day we hope to see at least one blastocyst in the next round, aiming for double transfer on fresh cycle.
    My TTC history:
    TTC since 2013. Unexplained Infertility *Low ovarian reserve 
    Fibroid removed August2013
    3 cycles on Glomid 2015
    IUI#1 August2015 - BFN
    IUI#2 October2015 -BFN
    Fibroid removed December2015
    IVF#1 June2016 (6 eggs retrieved, 5 matured, 3 fertillized, 1 transferred 1 frozen) - BFN  
    FET#1 August2016 - BFN  
    IVF#2 November2016 (3 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 2 ) - BFN  
    IVF #3 January2017 (5 eggs retrieved, 3 fertillized, transferred 3 ) - BFN  
    IVF #4 March2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertillized, double transfer ) - BFN  no frosties  
    IVF #5 June2017 (1 egg retrieved, polysermy) Mini IVF - Bust  :'(:'(:'(
    IVF #6 August2017 (4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, transferred 2) - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #7 October2017 ( 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, transferred 1 early blastocyst - BFN no frosties  
    IVF #8 December2017 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #9 February 2019 ( 1 egg retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 
    IVF #10 April 2019 ( 2 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, transferred day 3 embryo) - BFN 

• Hi all! Tentatively joining! Waiting on some tests results to come back and some PGD set-up to be complete, but if there are no delays, we might be able to start the IVF cycle towards the end of January! There's a good chance that it'll be pushed to February, but I plan on lurking/participating in both boards... :)

I think I recognize some names here, so, hi again! I'm sorry to see you here still! A little bit about me, DH and I are 32. **TW** My OB referred us to a RE last year after a couple of early miscarriages/chemical pregnancies. My RE ran the usual blood work tests and discovered that I am a carrier for a genetic condition that has a 50% chance of passing it down to a child, so here we are! The past year we've been battling to get family members tested (since we need immediate family samples to set up the testing to test the embryos against) and suffered some delays, but i THINK we might finally be near the finish line to start! 

The next couple weeks I have appointments to re-do all the initial tests since they all expire at the end of this month...tomorrow is the Day 3 blood work and US, and next Friday I get the Sono HSG so I guess I get to start the holiday break off with a bang! Blah. Not looking forward to that one at all...

Excited to be finally moving forward and looking forward to getting to know all of and seeing everyone's progress! :smiley:
  • @lin&say check out needymeds.org I've seen some discounts on IVF meds there, you can also google prescription assistance as there are a few other sites that can match you with savings. They aren't usually a huge price break, but might help bring the cost down overall.

I don't think we have that option through our RE, he orders meds from Europe and you buy the meds from him. I believe they do this to actually save money (they cost ~$2500, which sounds like a pretty good deal compared to what I've seen out there).
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • TW:  loss mentioned

Greetings all!  I think I go here, though ER should tentatively be 2/2-2/4ish (baseline ultrasound and injection training 1/18-19, to start stimming 1/22) so I'm not sure.

Not my first egg retrieval (did one to put some on ice with mediocre results when I was quite single four+ years ago), but first IVF/ICSI. We lost our little girl 2 days shy of 12 weeks in October, and have been avoiding the last couple of months I with an eye toward IVF for screening/hopefully banking.  Planning on doing the other cycle my insurance covers immediately after this one so not looking at transfer till maybe late March/April?  I'm 39 years old and very impatient, so it a little bit kills me that that almost gets us to our EDD.

We're definitely doing just one (eSET) because we're screening - as much as I would love twins (I am one myself!), the risk especially at this age is just too great for us and especially after our loss, we're not really interested in choosing something that as our RE put it basically increases the risk of every bad thing that can go wrong.  I may not have many with which to work as it is.

My RE just called me this AM and let me know that she'd like to try testosterone gel - so I guess I'll start that in the next week or so, and OCP at the end of the month.

Not really looking forward to not feeling like myself for the next several months because of all the drugs, but I hope it works!

Good luck to everyone!
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Our meds were about $500, mostly because of insurance and partially because of the co-pay cards offered for the gonal-f and the cetrotide. 

Today's water sono showed a polyp about 12x9mm. RE said it has to go, which may not be until early January. That would mean another cycle of b/c :( Part of me is crushed. The other part is a little relieved. Maybe the polyp is the reason we haven't been able to get pregnant and is the reason we had the mmc.

Hopefully, we'll be able to schedule the hysteroscopy ASAP, but very doubtful. :(

On a more positive note, Happy Friday!
    DH & me - 31. 

• So I'm betting a lot of folks here are already on birth control.  Anyone starting the harder stuff yet?  I'm already feeling really emotional just from the birth control, and I start Lupron in a few days, just in time for Christmas. 

Just as a base line, I'm a person who tears up at Hallmark commercials, and so anything that messes with my hormones intensifies it.  I'm good at holding it together at work and in public, but jeez, it's not easy.

Now hormones on top of holidays on top of extended family drama and eggnog.  Recipe for fun!

I'm also trying to balance feeling hopeful with being realistic. I don't know that I'm a IVF vet, since both of my attempts so far were cancelled for poor response-- so I've never made it to retrieval, but I've given myself a boatload of injections.  I know I'm not the only one here who has been around the block a few times with this.  For vets and newbies alike-- Are y'all coping by just focusing on the procedure, and trying not to think about babies?  Or are you using positive visualization, and meditating on diapers and tiny socks?  Both approaches seem valid, but I'm not sure what's right for me.  Breathing through the anxiety is about the most I can figure out.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.

• @KLake42 I'm on gonal f and menopur at the moment. I am very weepy and upset easily. I am just focusing on my likely retrival date and likely transfer date (total guess but I need something). Just focus on that. Baby shit makes me upset.
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • @rainbowwishes5, I totally get that.

Get you some stretchy pants and coconut water-- those meds make me so bloated and thirsty!

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.

• Thanks for the input/suggestions ladies! @tamalahoops Thanks for recommending that program. I found the Follistim equivalent and applied to it. Hopefully they will approve us!

@artemis618 I'm so sorry about your loss. I know it's tough that it'll be around her EDD, but maybe it's a sign that this round is meant to be. Wishing you lots of success this cycle! 

@AngieL610 I'm sorry to hear about the polyp :( All of the waiting in this journey is so cruel. 

• Hey! Looks like I'll be starting either right at the beginning of Jan or the very last day or so of Dec, but I think it makes more sense for me to be here since the bulk of my stimming and etc will be in Jan.
    This will be my 5th IVF Cycle 
    multiple miscarriages
    no transfers
    most cycles with nothing to freeze 
    i now have 4 embies frozen but decided to try another round just to get a couple more in the bank if possible before transferring.
    ill read up on everyone else... glad to be cycling with y'all 
  • liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited December 2016
    I'm hoping to start IVF freeze all +PGS the 2nd week of January. I'm still debating if I should do this or a natural IVF with fresh transfer....I know the chances are lower without a full-blown medicated cycle, but hopefully my eggs are still good (I suspect my problem is the severe endo and the DH low count). 
    I'm not doing priming or BC in advance. 
  • Welcome @dragonette505

so dr thinks abt 6-10 eggs will probably be ready for retrival. Ugh. Hopefully it'll yield at least 1 good embryo. Retrival sometime this week. 
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited December 2016
    Hey all,
    I'm doing estrogen priming ahead of my cycle (micro dose lupron flare protocol) and like some of you, already dealing with the highs and lows of added hormones. This estrogen priming might be worse than the actual stimming drugs which just tend to make me super sleepy.
    its all fora good cause!
  • @rainbowwishes5 10 is great!! Less likely to have to deal with over stimulation