TTC After a Loss
Options

***TTCAL Weekly check in October 10th****

1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new)
2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)
3.) Rants/ Raves
4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite Halloween costume from childhood or later...

Re: ***TTCAL Weekly check in October 10th****

• Options
    1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new) I'm Mimi. Had a PUL/Ectopic/M/C august 27 at 8 weeks.

I'm in limbo waiting for CD1 still. Even though HCG levels were at 0 on September 1 :(

3.) Rants/ Raves
    My weekend was busy but good. Finally got the restaurant up and running and had a soft opening for friends and family. I'm hoping this week we can get some advertisement out so we can actually start making money and start paying off bills!

4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite Halloween costume from childhood or later...
    I didn't do Halloween much as a kid but I remember being Pocahontas, a witch and a vampire at one point. But I grew up in an apartment complex that didn't have many children so, Halloween was always uneventful, even at school. My mother didn't care for things like that, probably too much effort for her lol.
  • Options
    @MimoCa What kind of restaurant did you open? I hope CD 1 comes soon!

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) I'm pretty sure yesterday was O-day, so 1 DPO.
    3.) Rants/ Raves: Starting with the good-For the 1st time since I've started TTC a year ago,  I actually had some major EWCM. Like for 3-4 days in a row. And I had a VERY obvious positive OPK yesterday for the first time since I got pregnant the last time. I've never felt more optimistic about a cycle. I'm hoping the Synthroid has kicked in and my body is doing well.

OPK was still dark today, but not as dark as yesterday. I woke at 4:45 today and my temp was the same as yesterday. Went back to sleep for an hour and it was .5 higher. Hoping that it stays high and ovulation is confirmed.

My rant is that I'm still dealing with numbness and I can't get in to see a neurologist for 2 more weeks. Seeing s headache Dr today, so hopefully he can get me an MRI. I'm just annoyed that this happening again!! 

GTKY: My favorite costume as a kid was when I was a princess. This was the 80s when it was still very common for moms to make the costumes. My mom took her old prom dress and made it into a princess costume. I loved it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chloe97 it is a Thai and Bangladeshi restaurant based on my food truck.
    I hope this is your cycle too! October seems to be a good luck for BFP for hopefully your be seeing yours this month too! 
    That Halloween costume sounds so cute. I don't think my mother ever made anything in her life lol! Do you still have it?
  • Options
    @chloe97 that's awesome about the EWCM. Everything crossed for you that this is your month!

2.) Officially (for real this time) off the bench. AF came this morning, so CD1.
    3.) Rants - I have no idea what is up with my cycles. Last cycle was 24 days and the one that just ended was 25. I am usually 28-29 day cycles and have great CM during FW. This month CM was sticky or non existent. I hope that things will return back to normal for me this month.
    4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite Halloween costume from childhood or later... Favorite childhood (1992-ish) costume is probably Glenda the good witch from the original Wizard of Oz. Favorite adult costumescent I went as Amy from Big Bang Theory.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stephann85 I love TBBT and Amy is one of my fave :)
  • Options
    1.) Mmc in March at 10 weeks and another in August at 10 weeks.

2.) CD1 for me today too! Happy to be off the bench as it's been 6 weeks since my mc. Now I can get some of the RPL testing ordered by my RE done. Just called to schedule the blue dye hsg test - anyone have that done?

3.)Feeling nervous/anxious as I have dinner with  of my friends from hs tonight and 2 of them will be bringing their babies. Which will understandably be difficult for me and the fact that no one understands or cares that it would be difficult hurts even more. But I'm going to go for at least a little bit and hope for the best.

4.) I went as Audrey Hepburn a couple years ago and loved that costume. In also excited to dress up as Rosie the riveter this year.

@chloe97 - im so sorry you are still not feeling better. I can't believe you couldn't get in to your neuro's office any sooner - didn't they seem concerned when you told them what was going on? Glad you can possibly get an MRI done today. Love the princess costume made out of your moms old prom dress.

@mimoca - so glad the restaurant opening went well..congratulations!!

@stephann85 - yay for CD 1!!
  • Options
    1.) MMC in July at 8 weeks

2.) TWW, but pretty sure I'm out this month. Which is really hard, because earlier this month I was fairly sure the universe was sending me "signs" that this was gonna be the month. Wishful thinking!

3.) Rant #1: I had to spend the day with DH and my FIL on Saturday.  FIL kept talking about our "future children."  I wanted to scream at him that there might not ever be any so why doesn't he shut the hell up.  He is a sad man and when DH asked him what he's looking forward to in life he replied "I'm just waiting for grandchildren." Makes me feel like I'm letting everyone down.

Rant #2: This is a rant against myself, I guess ... I am just so angry. Like all the time. Right after the MC I was really, really sad, sadder than I thought I could be. I'm still sad, but now I also carry around this angry feeling like constantly. Every little thing makes me fly off the handle. Crying a lot made me feel better when all I felt was sad, but nothing seems to deflate this anger.

4.) I read The Scarlet Letter in elementary school, before I knew what sex was. I loved it and wanted to dress up as Hester for Halloween... and my parents, who thought that this was just the most hilarious thing ever, LET ME. I was in 5th grade and went trick or treating in a red dress with a huge gold puff-paint A on the front. So inappropriate.
  • Options
    @migdala - omg Hester pyrnne in 5th grade is pretty hilarious!? Can't believe you read that book so young!
  • Options
    @TScalei I was such a loner as a kid (still pretty much am), my best friends were books (still pretty much are)! But my parents didn't ever talk about ~gasp~ sex, so I frequently had no comprehension about what I was actually reading.  Which led to some embarrassing situations, like the time I raised my hand during reading period to ask what a prostitute was, and the time I went up to the teacher to ask if I could borrow the dictionary to look up the word "cleavage." Mortifying.
  • Options
    @TScalei sorry you have to go through that dinner tonight. It sucks that they aren't more considerate :(
    @migdala lol at that inappropriate costume! I think that's classic!
  • Options
    @chloe97 ugh I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this. Hopefully this Dr today will get you in for an MRI!

@mimoca your restaurant fusion sounds delicious! Glad the soft opening went well and FX for a successful regular open for you!

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) in the TWW at 4DPO. Didn't want to muck up all the positive HPTs in that thread by saying it! 

3.) Rants/ Raves Rant this month- My birthday is this Thursday and I really don't want anything to do with it. It's a milestone bday and my EDD is next week, so just thinking about where I should have been at this time of the year is no bueno. 

Don't really have a childhood favorite bc my sisters and I used to just re-use all our dance costumes for Halloween. As an adult- I'd have to say when I went as Lady Gaga before she was a little crazy:

My boobs may or may not have made an apperance throughout the night  :D
  • Options
    @szwill86 I had a milestone birthday as well this year, are you born in 86? That would make us the same age and I feel you on it. I didn't do anything at all but I never really do. Sorry about your EDD coming up, stay strong!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Kim. Just confirmed loss with ultrasound last Tuesday. Chose natural mc at home. Think I passed most of it Thursday. Now bleeding, pain, and waiting for my follow up appointment. 

Rants: My new rescue dog had decided she sleeps in the bed and is ruining our sleep! Any advice on sleeping with a fully grown Labrador Retriever in the bed?!

GTKY: I almost always had homemade costumes even growing up in the 90s-2000s. My favorite is one I made myself when I was about 8. A full cardboard box turned Crayola crayon box! I tripped over many front porch steps that night. This year DH new dog and I are planning on Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Luke Skywalker. If it works out, it may just have to be my favorite adult costume. 
  • Options
    @allowachick I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    @allowachick sorry for your loss :(
  • Options
    Howdy Ladies. Been MIA from here about a month so will re-intro. Had a MMC discovered at 13 weeks on 2/26 - 1st D&C on 3/1 and repeat necessary on 3/10 for RPOC (first OB missed a ton of tissue and she also perforated my uterus - fun times). We took off spring and beginning of summer to regroup and get me through a bunch of travel but have been trying again since July... 

I'm WTO - CD6 so about to start my fertile window (I O around day 12 or 13 usually)

Rants/Rave - just the usual. This quarter is kicking my ass.. my schedule is insane and I haven't had much time to work out and that is driving me mad! And my  husband is trying to keep the business together as his dad recovers from cancer treatments and preps for surgery... and his sisters are being a pain in the ass. Our lives are feeling so messy these days and I don't like it. So much uncertainty. 

My fav Halloween costume.. hmmm - I was a tree a few years in a row :) My mom made the costume for me and I loved it! I think she might still have it in her closet somewhere.

@MimoCa - restaurant sounds awesome? Where is it? Maybe someone here lives close and can check it out!?

@chloe97 - hope you get answers soon on your headache. sorry you are experiencing this

@stephann85 - good luck getting off the bench! hope its a short stay here...

@TScalei - same to you, welcome back off the bench!

@allowachick - Hi Kim. so sorry for your loss.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    @ladipale it's a fast casual place in Weymouth, Massachusetts. I think a tree is an awesome costume! That'd be cool of your mom still has it!
  • Options
    Sorry for no tags right now, I'm mobile bumping on the couch with a pug on top of me  :p

Rant/Rave: feeling pretty sad about this BFN. Just so many feelings and thoughts and my EDD is at the end of the month. Having a bit of a pity party today but at least (I guess?) then I won't be as sad by the time AF arrives.

Rave: Our thanksgiving dinner was fantastic and DH said he thinks it was the best thanksgiving meal he's ever had, which was a major compliment :) I'll be saving those recipes! (Although, of course, now I just had the thought of "crap, how am I gonna top that??!! lol)

GTKY: Halloween is my favourite and yet I can't think of a favourite costume!

• Options
    roxgibbonsroxgibbons member
    edited October 2016
    2. Status. CD 6 WTO. I O late around CD 18 so I have a ways to go. I'm considering starting to temp again but my sleep has been crap.

3. Rant. It's a pretty long one, but I'll shorten it. Even though I had a nice anniversary get away with DH, I got my BFN right before we left. It was our 6th medicated cycle and we pretty much know that's it for us with medicated cycles. We were both pretty upset.  In a way I feel liberated as we've been going at this since our loss with no success, but in a way I am sad because of the lack of success. You'd think with all of that help something would have happened. We did conceive on our own but I wonder if it'll ever happen again. A couple of co-workers are about to announce pregnancies and it's just hard. I am happy for them but sad for me and DH. I'm just sad- plain and simple.  There are no other words for it. 

Rave. I was trying to schedule a saline sono to make sure I do not have any scar tissue i and I was originally told I couldn't get in till November, but I called on Friday and there was a cancellation so I go in tomorrow morning. Woo hoo! I am hoping that the RE finds nothing. I really don't want to have another hysteroscopy. I just want to move on and start trying naturally. So any positive thoughts would be very much appreciated. 

4. GTKY: I think I was in 4th or 5th grade and my friend and I were Pink Ladies. We were obsessed with Grease! We had the big hoop skirts and jackets. 

@chloe97 hope you get some answers tomorrow and start feeling better. Also- awesome about EWCM!

@migdala I get angry too. I feel like we've been through so much grief, it seems to be common to be angry. I used to never be like that but I feel like this experience has definitely changed me.

@MimoCa congrats and good luck with your restaurant. I love Thai food but never tried Bangladeshi food 

@allowachick I am so sorry for your loss. 

@Tscalei hope your dinner goes well tonight! It's hard when you don't have the support but seriously, if you feel crappy, leave or just change the subject :)

@rainbowturtles Happy CA Thanksgiving!

edited for spelling
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Options
    @rainbowturtles Happy CA Thanksgiving and sorry about BFN
    @roxgibbons sorry about the BFN. Maybe not doing the medicated and the stress involve will have you conceive on your own. FX it will! Also Bangladeshi food has a lot of similarities to Indian, with more stir fries and fishes and different types of mash/pastes
  • Options
    Good evening everyone!

2. WTO, cd16. No +OPK and ran out of them, decided I didn't feel like spending $40 to get more so DH and I are just HIO and hoping we hit it.

3. Rave - I have been overcome by a strange peace and don't currently feel as worried about getting KU. 
        Rant - I traveled home for a craft fair with both my sisters and their kids so of course I got the "how many kids do you have?" A bunch of times from people that haven't seen me in a while. Which I suppose is normal since I'm the oldest but it still stinks to get put on the spot. 

4. My mom dressed me as Pippy Longstocking once which I loved but I'm really looking forward to going as Squints & Wendy Peffercorn (The Sandlot) with DH this year  :)

@rainbowturtles glad your Thanksgivjng dinner went well! I'm hosting for the first time this year and am so nervous about it.

Sending hugs to the BFNs out there <3

DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe how could I forget about pippy longstocking! Now that song is stuck in my head lol
  • Options
    @szwill86 - happy early birthday - sorry it comes with complicated feelings this year but I totally get that. And your gaga costume was fierce!

@roxigibbons - I'm so sorry for the BFN. Fx that maybe less stress with the medicated cycle will be good luck for you. I think it is a good sign that you have conceived on your own before. I totally get being happy for other people but sad for you. 

@rainbowturtles - I'm so glad you thanksgiving meal went well - what are some of the things you made? I'm sorry for the BFN and the upcoming EDD - pity party away! I think it's healthy to get it out and what we are going through does suck!

@soontobemommahowe - that ques and do you have kids just always gets me.

@ladipale - I'm sorry for all the extra stress. Ttcal stress alone is enough!

@allowachick - I'm so sorry for your loss - but welcome!
  • Options
    @TScalei congrats on getting off the bench. It is a great feeling and yet I'm a bit nervous. Hope this cycle is kind to you cycle buddy!  :)
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    artemis618artemis618 member
    edited October 2016
    1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new). Hello!  DH and I got married this past June and got pregnant in July.  We just lost our little girl/first pregnancy on 10/1 (two days after finding out she was a girl from her deceptively normal NIPT results) at 11w5d.  Natural and apparently complete miscarriage.  A little frustrated because my doctor's office didn't care to track my levels down (I've never had any betas done ever).

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc). WTO?  Benched?  We were advised to wait a cycle (though that seemed more for dating purposes), and this first cycle might be sort of wonky anyway.

3.) Rants/ Raves. Maybe a rave?  So, I turned 39 today (part of why I don't really think we have a cycle to waste) - I was supposed to be 13 weeks today (and actually had 2nd appointment and NT scan scheduled for this morning).  Had I made it, that would have been the best birthday present ever.  MIL and I have the same birthday and the baby's EDD was DH's birthday - he had planned to send her a cute e-card with the latest sonogram pic (to tell her about the pregnancy).  But probably the second best birthday present given the circumstances was what looked like a negative HPT (since no one's tracking my hcg - the only time anyone wants a negative, right?) with FMU this morning.  I am hoping that means hcg is/will be gone soon (can that happen in 9 days?) and that my body will cooperate so we can try again soon.

4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite Halloween costume from childhood or later... Last year was DH's and my first Halloween together - we did the cheesy (ha) wine and cheese couple costume.

About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @artemis618 so sorry for the loss of your little girl. Happy birthday to you! I understand the feelings surrounding birthdays after losing a pregnancy. But that's a positive that you had a neg test so soon. Did you ask your dr to track your levels and they said it's not necessary or they just never offered it? Mine just told me to expect my period 6-8 weeks after my miscarriage and didn't track, either. But I was seeing my OB, not a RE. 
  • Options
    @chloe97 FX this is your cycle. I said I hoped to see lots of BFPs in October, so keep them coming. It has been a good month so far.

@TScalei and @stephann85 Yay for CD1. FX for normal cycles.

@migdala Not sure where you are in the TWW, but hopefully it is still too early.

@szwill86 Happy Birthday. I feel you on the birthday thing. This years sucked for me with learning of the MMC. Hopefully yours will turn out better than expected.

@allowachick I am very sorry for your loss.

@rainbowturtles Sorry for the BFN. FX it is just too early.

@roxgibbons So sorry. As a PP said, FX that it will happen naturally now.

@artemis618 I am very sorry for your loss. (See my rant below.)

1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new) I am not new, but there are a lot of new names here, so I will re-intro.  Third loss, no living children. Most recent loss in September (in siggy).

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) Benched until AF returns. I O'd on September 30, so hoping to see her in about a week.

3.) Rants/ Raves Rave: DH and I leave for Colorado Springs on Thursday, and I cannot wait. Also, SD had a marching competition on Saturday and her school took 1st place in every category and 1st place overall. They did an awesome job!
    Rant: I had my follow up on Friday. My OB did not do another u/s; she was confidant that I had miscarried everything. She also did not want to check my HCG, which I found interesting and annoying. She wanted to follow it down after the ectopic and methotrexate and did one after the CP. Why not now? Should I take a HPT just to see? I am so confused. She did diagnose me with RPL and ordered lab work to check my thyroid and two other possible causes for miscarriage; although she seemed confidant that they were all come back normal. She also said that it wouldn't harm to take one baby aspirin a day until the results came back.
    I don't know that I really have a favorite. A few years ago, I made a dress out of sheer snake skin fabric with an shiny blue lining and attached over 60 plastic snakes to a long wig and went us Medusa.  the wig was awesome, but VERY heavy! My head was pounding by the end of the night.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Options
    dpjenniferdpjennifer member
    edited October 2016

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc): CD 31.  TWW – 11 DPO.

3.) Rants/ Raves:  I’m a BSC symptom-spotting lunatic as of late.  I’ve had bizarre symptoms since 3 DPO (even though I KNOW that’s just progesterone), and more have developed as of late, which is not helping the BSC.

4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite Halloween costume from childhood or later.  I went as a pilgrim one year and really liked that costume.  (my mom made my costumes).  The worst was baby blocks!  So I can totally emphasize with @allowachick on the Crayola box.  It was a super cute costume, but impossible to maneuver in!!!!

@stephann85 Congrats on being off the bench! Good luck on figuring out the cycle...

@TScalei Also congrats on being off the bench!  How did the dinner go?  I hope you ate a giant dessert to help! 

@migdala Sorry about the anger.  I’ve had anger and anxiety issues (plus depression), especially badly since my 2nd MC and I started to see a therapist and am on happy pills now.  If you aren’t seeing someone, maybe you should give it a go and see if it helps you?

@szwill86 Good luck with the birthday and EDD.  I had the same problem in June.  Basically my parents came to visit and we cleaned the house, painted the pool deck, fixed things around the house, etc and I stayed SO busy I was exhausted by the time they left and didn’t even have time to be depressed about the EDD.  Try to stay busy is my advice!

@rainbowturtles Sorry about the BFN 

@roxgibbons Sorry for the BFN.  Good luck with whatever path you choose going forward.

@artemis618 Sorry for your loss.  Welcome to our group and Happy Birthday!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new). Unfortunately, back again.  Last BFP (10/3) ended up being a CP.  Prior to this CP, I had a natural MC in February at 8/9 weeks with baby measuring 6 weeks. 

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc). Benched for now, waiting for bleeding to stop and then will talk with my Dr. 

3.) Rants/ Raves. It's been a whirlwind of a week.  Last week I got the BFP at 11 DPO. I went for first beta testing at 13 DPO and it came back low at 22.  I retested on 15 DPO and my hcg only increased to 28, so a CP was likely. I had cramping all weekend but nothing happened, so I thought maybe there was just some smidgen of hope.  That was dashed when taking a HPT yesterday morning and it was barely positive.  The bleeding started this morning. It was only a week and yet I was still pulled right back into how it felt in January/February with the first MC .. the limbo, the waiting.  It truly is the worst.  I don't know how anyone makes it through a pregnancy after loss with this constant fear.

I'm going to try to focus on the future and remain positive. But, for now, I'm going to take a little bit of time for myself.  

4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite Halloween costume from childhood or later... My DH and I went as Wilma and Fred Flinstone a few years back - we were cute!

Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    @laberge3  Sorry for the loss.  :(  CPs are a cruel uplifting of hope.  Thinking of you in this time.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @laberge3 so sorry for your loss and that you're back here so soon. Take all the time you need for yourself  <3
  • Options

TWW... had a lot of strange pinching/cramping feelings on right side yesterday (9dpo). Hope that's a good sign.

3.) Rants/ Raves
    Nothing too bad going on in my neck of the woods. Just kind of sitting here waiting to test. I don't bother with the added anxiety of early HPTesting. I've only been late a few times in my life - when I was pregnant and when changing birth control.
    CD1 should be coming on the 18th, but FF has forecasted it for the 15th since I O'd a bit earlier this month than last time. May test the 15th if AF is still not here yet. Fingers crossed but just chilling contentedly until then.

I friggin love Halloween. I've worn all kinds of different costumes - kitty cat, Geisha girl, Boy Scout (borrowed my brother's uniform), gypsy, cowgirl, fairy. My favorites however have been some of my adult costumes. And ex and I were Al and Peg Bundy one year. Last year, DH and I were Papa Smurf and Smurfette. Previously we were oompa loompas.
    I quite prefer my dog's costumes though haha. She has been a bumble bee, a shark and a lobster. The year she was a shark, I ripped up my clothes, scribbled red on them and wore my arm inside my shirt all night like a bite victim. Poor taste, I know, but she was so cute. Here she is as Lobster Pup.

• Options
    @MimoCa Congrats on the restaurant opening. It sounds delicious.

@chloe97 Yay for positive OPKs! I have all my fingers crossed for you!

@stephann85 and @TScalei Yay for being off the bench! Hopefully you two will graduate soon.

@migdala I'm so sorry for your loss. As hard and upsetting as the anger may be to deal with, it's a completely normal phase of dealing with grief. Hugs. Also, I love that your parents let you dress up as a Hester Prynne. Lol. Have you seen the movie Easy A?

@szwill86 Hugs for the milestone birthday. 

@rainbowturtles Sorry for the BFN.

@roxgibbons I totally understand the sadness. Hugs. I hope your saline sono goes well.

@artemis618 I'm sorry for your loss, but welcome. There is a wide variation in how long it takes someone's body to process HCG. After my MCs, my HPTs were negative in 11-14 days, so 9 doesn't sound all that far off.

@NewMommyCoop OBs track HCG closely with with ectopics because if they are going up or are too high, it could mean that the pregnancy is still growing and you could end up rupturing a tube, which can be life threatening, in addition to the fertility impacts. Low HCG numbers are a sign of both CPs and ectopics, so that may be why she tracked it for your CP. For my confirmed intrauterine pregnancies, my OB didn't track HCG once the MC was confirmed as complete. I monitored with HPTs myself.

@dpjennifer Fingers crossed for you! When are you planning on testing?

@laberge12 I'm so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself back here.

• Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited October 2016
    Not new.... 

Benched. First RE appt in November. Hopefully off the bench after that.

3.) Rants/ Raves

Rave: I had a fabulous weekend wine tasting and hanging out with friends. We brought back waaaaaaay too many bottle of wine and joined a wine club.

Rant: My period came early this month. This means I had an 11 or 12 day LP (based on OPKs - didn't temp this cycle). Harrumph. Mine have always been 13-14 days. Thyroid issues can cause short LPs, so now I'm paranoid my thyroid is out of whack again.

I was not a very creative costumer as a child, and my mom wasn't very into Halloween. These days I'm usually running to the costume store last minute to buy whatever is least slutty that's left on the shelves.
  • Options
    @laberge12 I am sorry you find yourself here again. Thinking of you.

@E2theB FX for you this cycle. I love your lobster dog. My DH hates Halloween. This is only our second Halloween together and last year we were on a plane to DR for our honeymoon. I guess costumes will not be in our future.

@RiverSong15 I guess that makes sense. I will do a HPT tomorrow morning and see what it says. 
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Options
    @laeberge3 sorry about your loss. Sending prayers your way.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 I am totally with you on the LP. I'm hoping mine is just a fluke and will be normal this cycle. FX that it is not your thyroid.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dpjennifer - the dinner was tough but Im glad I went and got through it. Just so hard when people talk about babies incessantly in front of you - hard to hear and kind of insensitive of people that know what you are going through. Fx for you this cycle!!!

Oh noooo @laberge - Im so sorry! 2 losses in a row is just so tough. Take care of yourself this week. Fx you body heals quickly!

Glad you had a fun trip @riversong15 - we always buy way too much wine on wine trips too. I always justify it and say I can give them away as gifts etc but then I never do. Hahaha
  • Options
    OMG @rainbowturtles - that all sounds absolutely amazing!!