Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Do you and your SO have a song?

I thought this would be a fun GTKY! Do you and your SO have a song/funny story to go along with how it came about?

Our first song is Grillz by Nelly, not at all romantic or attractive but one of the first nights we hung out together in college we bonded over knowing all the lyrics to Grillz... And possibly taking a lot of shots  :#

Our second song, wedding song, actual couple-y song is I won't give up by Jason Mraz. It was super popular right before we got married and we never had an acceptable "wedding" type song so I deemed it our song and DH said ok lol. 

Can't wait to hear the rest of your guys stories!

Re: GTKY: Do you and your SO have a song?

• Options
    Our song is "Always and Forever" by Heatwave. Old school song. But I used to tell him that I love him forever plus one more day. And there is a line similar to that in the song. We always stop what we are doing and sing it and make googly eyes at each other whenever it comes on.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our wedding song is "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" by Megan Trainor and John Legend. I wanted a duet because it feels like it's telling a story. FH is also a firefighter, so I try to make every day count. The song that brought us together was "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen. I was running a summer softball league and noticed he didn't get out of the car until the song ended. I busted him for it and he didn't care. I liked that and we started talking more often because of that day. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @AliciaGoose That mashup sounds like it would be wonderful!
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• Options
    @MelissaM090 It was pretty awesome. My DHs dad actually made it for us and it came out way better than I could have originally imagined. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    @MrsDramaK H and I love Tswift, we've been to the past 4 of her tours, the last one twice.  No shame!  Our recessional song at our wedding was a classical guitar version of "Love Story".

Full disclosure: I let H pick our first dance song and I never remember what it is. 
  • Options
    @housewifehobbyist DH and I saw her on the 1989 tour and she was amazing!

The reason we picked our band was because my dad told them I love T-Swift before their showing and they learnt "Shake it Off" just for me!
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 I looove Tangled! Such a cute and clever the movie. The iguana is hysterical! I love that that song is one of your songs, such a cute one!
  • Options
    Our song is Lana Del Rey's Young and Beautiful https://youtu.be/o_1aF54DO60

The opening verse is basically our love story, and the whole song is achingly gorgeous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    I love this! You all have such great stories. We were just talking about this the other day about how we don't really have a song. H always likes singing to me though and I think it's super sweet. His favorite to sing is "Have I told you lately" by Rod Stewart. Gets me everytime. Haha

Its horrible but I don't remember the name of our first dance song. It was by Keith Urban...

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• Options
    @AliciaGoose I love that song! We used Garth Brooks' version of it as our wedding song. My DH never remembers it, though. Otherwise, we don't really have a song. 
  • Options
    mtmama2mtmama2 member

@AliciaGoose I am still a Nickelback fan! DH makes fun of me all the time for it, he says I'm the only fan left! #sorrynotsorry

Also @PepperAT did you know your siggy says "April" and "Moms" lol  I love your Ross gifs though!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    lyndam1lyndam1 member
    DH and I started dating during baseball season and would always get together with a group of friends to watch the Red Sox play at a local bar. We were keeping it quiet then, but always had a good time singing along to "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond during the seventh inning stretch. We still have a good time together when we hear it! 

Our wedding song was "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley - timeless and classic. :smile: 
    Married 9/27/2014  :)
    BFP #1: 8/23/2015 M/C: 9/24/2015
    BFP# 2: 4/15/2016 M/C: 5/13/2016 Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy
    5/13/2016 Methotrexate Shot #1
    5/15/2016 Methotrexate Shot #2
    5/17/2016 Methotrexate Shot #3
  • Options
    lyndam1lyndam1 member
    DH and I started dating during baseball season and would always get together with a group of friends to watch the Red Sox play at a local bar. We were keeping it quiet then, but always had a good time singing along to "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond during the seventh inning stretch. We still have a good time together when we hear it! 

Our wedding song was "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley - timeless and classic. :smile: 
    Married 9/27/2014  :)
    BFP #1: 8/23/2015 M/C: 9/24/2015
    BFP# 2: 4/15/2016 M/C: 5/13/2016 Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy
    5/13/2016 Methotrexate Shot #1
    5/15/2016 Methotrexate Shot #2
    5/17/2016 Methotrexate Shot #3
  • Options
    felix08felix08 member
    @MrsDramaK H and I love Tswift, we've been to the past 4 of her tours, the last one twice.  No shame!  Our recessional song at our wedding was a classical guitar version of "Love Story".

Full disclosure: I let H pick our first dance song and I never remember what it is. 
    I walked down the aisle to an instrumental version of Love Story!! I love that it's a song I still hear on the radio/in random places and it will always remind me of that day.

• Options
     @SienaC  Wow, that was a mess!  Thanks for having my back! lol

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• Options
    Love this thread! We also have multiple songs. For the longest time ever our song is "Dig" by Incubus. 

The song we danced to at our wedding was Adele's "One and Only." 

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    I love everyone's songs!  I don't know about all of you, but I also have songs with other people.  My college roommates and I lived together for 3 years, and the last song we all danced together to was "Umbrella" by Rihanna.  For months after graduation I gaspy-snot-cried every time it came on the radio.  I still consider that our group song.  

My best friend and I have been best friends since we were 14.  When we were about 16, "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback was a really big deal, and it was being played EVERYWHERE.  We used to say the song followed us around, it's still a running joke we have.  

Anyone else have songs for those other than SOs?
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mrsdee15 I love that question! I definitely have songs with most of my best friends. 

My oldest friend (I was 6, she was 5- wow, 20 years!) and I used to jam out to Rock and Roll All Night by Kiss on the trampoline all the time. My best friend from elementary school and I used to love to sing together and we somehow latched on to Follow Me by Uncle Kracker as our song. My high school best friend and I used to play drunk rockband all the time and our favorite was My Own Worst Enemy by Lit! These are just the old friends I'm still super close to. But I can think of songs I had with the friends I lost touch with as well! It's kind of crazy. 
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • Options
    Great question @mrsdee15! My family and I have been vacationing in the Catskills (think a slightly run down Dirty Dancing-esque resort) for 30 years with the same group of people, and our group song is Piano Man. There's always a BBQ during the week and we always have the entertainer play it, and we all link arms and do the "sway."

A smaller group of us also do stupid things, like getting drunk and then taking a midnight hike through bear infested woods on our last night of vacation to a rocky outcropping above the inn we stay at. We light a bonfire in the clearing, drink some more, and play Save Tonight by Eagle-Eye Cherry. It's always bittersweet because we aren't all together again then for a whole year.
  • Options
    Wedding Song was "You had me from Hello" by Kenny Chesney, because DH said it suited how our relationship had been from day 1 (and here I thought he wasn't the sentimental type)

Love everyones songs. There are a lot of really good ones in the mix!
    Married 08.09.2014  <3
    TTC # 1 since July 2015