Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Do NOT use Babies r Us!!!!

My changing table came with a defective piece. I was told they had to ship a whole new unit. I also received an email that we were responsible for shipping charges of the return (150lb box). So i contacted our local store and they said we could return it there. I spent time on an online chat with a babies r us rep to ensure they had my return receipt and that my credit card would not be charged and sure enough, today, 3 weeks later, my credit card was charged for the returned item. $245. I cancelled my registry and will never use that company again.

Re: Do NOT use Babies r Us!!!!

• Options
    I'm sorry. That's frustrating. Did they issue a credit when you returned the defective item?
  • Options
    Use Buybuybaby. We had a defective drawer underneath the crib and they sent us a new one fast and free!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a defective crib part from Target and they sent a replacement fast and free as well.
  • Options
    I did my registry there and I still have gift cards but when I'm done with those I think I'm done shopping there atleast for anything big. I ordered the baby furniture which was on backorder, dresser came in 1st and I never got an email just a voice mail saying if I didn't come pick it up they would cancel the order. I went in and told them that was my 1st notice and after arguing about whether or not they sent an email they finally figured out that I did not get it because the crib was still on backorder. It didn't fit in my truck anyway so we set up home delivery for both when crib came in. I couldn't get a delivery for a few days aND when the delivery guy went to pick it up my crib was gone!!! They sold it to someone else I suppose. I canceled the whole order and they did refund everything. It was a blessing because I found out they were selling the floor model and discontinued the line. I found online complaints that Bru had sold furniture discontinued by manufacturer and people's were unable to get conversation rails.