Infertility
Options

Funny side up - infertility stories

2»

Re: Funny side up - infertility stories

• Options
    No kidding! Well on the bright side, you got a real good clean in there and hopefully that'll make for a sticky baby after! And then you can experience that all over again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @khochanadel that is awesome! I laughed so hard at this story and yet have secretly wished to do this :) wine....the great uninhibitor....
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Options
    I went in for my first US at my REs office and the office staff have all been so nice but one woman at the front desk explained I needed to "take my tampax out in the bathroom, then go to room 1". I knew well enough that I wasn't supposed to go naked down the hallway but had to giggle about some one else's experience on here- all business on top (in my work clothes) and nothing on bottom. I of course did not undress until getting to room 1, but just wanted to say these stories gave me a chuckle while going for my US.
  • Options
    That's hilarious @riveridgional !!!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @rivieridgional Bwahahaha! OMG! I so needed that, thank you. I laughed so hard I cried.
  • Options
    I really needed to read these stories today! Was having an awful day :) 

Last night when I was talking to DH about going in on Monday to give a sample for his SA, and then having to drive somewhere else an hour away for our RE appointment I told him "You go by yourself to give the sample, it's just going to take you a minute". 

He started cracking up and then I realized that I had just called him a premature ejaculator, lol. He isn't, btw, I just meant to say he will make it on time to leave the sample and get to the other appointment, haha. Oops! 

*BFP warning*
    *Child mentioned*
    TTC #2. Daughter born July 17th of 2013. 
    PCOS, Endo, Insulin Resitance. 

HSG done Sep 17- tubes unblocked! SA done- came back good! Hysteroscopy done Nov7- No uterus issues 

On 2550mg a day Metformin. 
    Round 1 of Clomid- 100mg CD3-7  BFN- Clomid left a huge cyst, AF arrived after 40 day cycle- BFN
    Round 1 of Femara- 10mg CD2-6 Mid cycle scan showed two follies (31mm and 27mm), trigger shot- BFN
    Benched out December- BFN
    Round 2 of Femara- BFP!!! First beta at 10dpo- 28 Second beta at 12 dpo- ? 
  • Options
    I have a good one My DH and I were just about to go in to the procedure room and one of the fellows checked to see that my bladder was full and goes "yep, now don't pee on the doc if you can" So off to the procedure room for our transfer and the doctor and embryologist were down there about to get started..... I happened to mention that the prometrium was gross.... So my Doc was mentioning that she was going to clean the "area"  so not to worry and her next words were " you will never be so fresh and clean" My DH being the man he is starts singing "so fresh and so clean, clean" right as my favorite IVF nurse sings the same thing!!! Having a full bladder did not help during that moment 
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    1st IVF and Only....
    Me:30 DH:29 3/4 ( littles will be a great 30th prez)
    PCO w/o symptoms/DH crooked swimmers   
    Lupron CD21 Aug 18
    AF Aug 25
    Stim Aug 28-follistim started at 150u
    E2 Aug 31- 345- dropped dosage 100u
    US/BW Sept 1- 16 eggies E2 695-dropped dosage 75u
    BW Sept 2 E2 791 bounced up to 91.6u
    BW/US Sept 3 E2 1095 dropped back to 83u 20+ eggies 12mm-14mm range   
    BW/US Sept 4 E2 2050 same dose @83u 20+ eggies 14mm- 16mm range                                                                                   
    EGG Retrieval Day sept 8th 24 eggs 12 embies 
    EMBRYO Transfer Day 6 Embies 
    2 embies 8c grade 1 and 2 transfered with Assited Hatching due to Zona Factor
    BFP 8dp3dt :)
    Beta #1 358 12dp3dt!!!
    Beta #2 850-1000 15dp3dt!!!
    October 9th- IT'S TWINS!!!
  • Options
    Today, i had my second ultrasound and this time my dear husband was there 
    As the chair went up and my legs was up in the air - i knew right away what he was thinking .
    As soon it was done and at the doctor left he said - what can we do to get one of those at home..
    I love him more and more special during this whole process 
    Good Luck ladies - baby dust for all of you 
  • Options
    @lizg19 lol That is great!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    There are only a few people who know about our IVF journey... I always like to watch them sweat trying to figure out ways to ask me how everything is going. It's always so awkward... but now my husband and I get a kick out of it. One person asked "So, how is the infertility?"... I responded, "Well, infertility sucks and I'm not really sure just how infertility should be going. And since I'm still not pregnant, I guess infertility is going pretty well." You should've seen the look on their face when they realized how they worded their question. They apologized so many times... and I was laughing hysterically after the about the 5th apology. I guess people will learn to be more careful with what they say. 

*** Pregnancy & Miscarriage Mentioned***
    ME: 34/DH: 33
    TTC (On & Off) Since 2008
    Diagnosed DOR August 2013 
    2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining
    08/2015 ~ Med Protocol #2: Started stims 09/13
    ER 10/9 with 6 Eggs Retrieved/3 SNOWFLAKES!!

10/22/15 ~ AF Showed up, waiting for Fibroid removal.
    10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!
    12/08/15 ~ FET of one hatching Embaby

12/21/15 ~ 13dp5dfet Beta 755! I'M PREGNANT!!!/ 
    12/23/15 ~15dp5dfet Beta 1539!

01/05/16 ~ 1st Ultrasound - 2 little beans and 2 Heartbeats (120 & 125 bpm)

My Fur Baby: Diva Celeste McClendon

• Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited September 2015
    2 parter:
    Went in for my first IVF ultrasound yesterday and the female RE, not my usual doc, was looking at my ovaries and said--"the right one is more robust. It's just, very juicy." Complete with cupping hand gestures. And then kept repeating it--"So Juicy!" DH and I didn't know what to do and just tried to keep a straight face until we were on the train laughing out loud. We keep saying so juicy and cupping our hands at everything now.

At home that night we tried our 1st and 2nd injection. DH administered and i was determined not to look. We were so nervous and he had gone over board preparing and watching the videos multiple times, laying out everything just so and practicing with the cap on. I'm just way to chicken to do it myself and he's just the brave caretaker who is desperate to help...

1st went well but the second hurt and apparently I backed away towards the wall I was leaning against ripping the needle out after he had placed it firmly within my pinched skin. DH husband just looked at me with horror as a tiny red drop formed where I'd ruined his perfect attempt. I didn't know what to do so I grabbed the needle and jabbed it back in saying "it's ok I fixed it!!" He looked even more horrified. Luckily I got my full dose in the end but I'm not sure he will help in the future if I can't stand still..... Lol.
  • Options
    @HBamama2B You have the best stories. Might I even call them... Juicy? lol!

@khochanadel haha That is funny! That would totally be me.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @khochanadel bwahahahaha! That's the best!
  • Options

2009-2013 6 Clomid Rounds which resulted in 3 Cysts/Had to take some time off from TTC
    10/2014 ~ BFP (Natural Pregnancy) after 3 months Acupuncture/Miscarriage at 10 wks
    7/2015 ~ Med Protocol#1: Failed Cycle/Only 1 Egg/Unable to convert to IUI because thin uterus lining

10/28/15 ~ Saline Ultrasound - Fibroids were gone. FET scheduled for December 3rd!

• Options
    These all gave me a good laugh! Probably shouldn't have been looking at them in a meeting :) I don't have anything too funny, but the day of my saline ultrasound the ultrasound tech was a temp for that office so she had no idea what the doctor's procedures were. They was some major tension between the two of them. It made the fact that the tech forgot to leave a drape for me and I was sitting there exposed seem pretty funny afterward. I had thought about grabbing one from the open closet, but felt that would have been more awkward if they came in the room and I'm all naked reaching into a closet.
    Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • Options
    Please please make that video...lol!! 

• Options
    Omg I totally love this idea!!!!!!! Especially because I'm in the 2ww, to read these stories is a great distraction.

Mine goes like this : I'm a big big baby when it comes to bloodwork. Needles in my veins (or even seeing veins through skin) freaks me out. So, after my very first consultation with my fertility Dr, he announced that they need to take "8 tubes of blood". I fainted dead away. When I came to, they still needed to take blood. I got light headed again and had to lay down as they drew my blood. A few times after that (cause they take blood almost every time you visit the office) they had me lay down.

Now it's just a joke. Everytime I visit, even though I'm so over the whole faint light - headed thing, they remark on it.
  • Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited October 2015
    shared this on our IVF board but thought others might enjoy!

Janky ~

DH and I made a plan to have a lovely dinner out after foliage peeping in Vermont. Small IFer problem--only reservation we could get at Simon Pearce was 8:45. This was problematic as we would be 2 hrs from where we were staying and, well you know, PIO.

So we hatched a plan. DH picked up instant ice and heat packs and packed up the meds. I'll just lie in the back seat chillin' and he'll stick me, then off to dinner! We were quite proud of our plan...

Well, here it is at 7:30 an DH is beating the car with a reluctant instant ice pack, the PIO is tucked in the driver seat as close against the seat heater as I could get it, and I'm in the back canted sideways Bc the seats aren't flat, with seat belts digging into one side and my dog investigating the smelly slightly cooler then air temp chemical pack on the other half of my soon to be sorry bum. "How are you Hun? Frosty?" "No! Not any where close to ice queen. I'm shaking it!" I said as I vigorously shake the second recalcitrant pack and my tush.

Now this is not what I would call a sterile field... With my bare cheek perked up to the dark and hopefully out of site of other dinner goers. But we trudge on because, infertility made us freaking soldiers!

Now we investigated the lack of family bathrooms and discussed my complete inability to inject myself in advance. The assorted ice/heating accoutrement, we learned from last night's dinner party fiasco, is a must. Apparently without ice and heat I get a giant leach-like bruise and solid knot of PIO the next day...

But back to the needle. "Oh sweetie this looks terrible on your butt." DH says to my bruised but better looking left cheek. (The lumpy right one gets a break today.) DH crouches awkwardly in the foot area of the back seat and leans over me, needle confidently at the ready despite our cramped quarters. (After two weeks, DH is surgical with his 1.5" rapier.) The injection when it comes doesn't hurt despite the luke warm PIO, slightly cool cheek, and awkward vantage. Dear dog watches on dubiously. The seediness of the faint overhead light glints off the sharps case, but thankfully it's over.

DH turns the light off for my post-pinch rub and I crane my neck to enjoy the Vermont stars through the car window. What a beautiful, clear night, I think as I hum along with the radio, "YEAH, PIIIIOOOO MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF!"
  • Options
    I got put on the doggy wee wee pad too.... now I know what to do with all the extra training pads I have lol