2nd Trimester
Options

Had my baby at 25 weeks

I was put in the hospital on 6/24 with bleeding. After a few hours of being there I was transported to a hospital with a level 3 NICU. I was put on a bunch of different medications to stop labor but none of it was working properly due to my incompetent cervix. My cerclage however was slowing the dilation process down. I was given doses of steroids for babies lungs and other things to help for the early arrival of him. On the 25th we did an ultra sound and noticed the umbilical cord was between babies head and my dilating cervix so I was then put on complete bed rest. No moving except for bowl movements. Well on the 27th I had another ultra sound because they were going to try to move me to a different ward since my contractions stopped but it was then noticed that they umbilical cord had progressed to being inside my cervix. It was then decided for the safety of baby and not wanting to risk an emergency situation I would have a c-section the next morning. I did have one. He is doing amazing for how early he is. We still have a long road ahead and we will continue to pray for him. He was born on June 28th at 9:19 am weighing 1lb12oz 13 in long. We are now going on 48 hours since he was born and I'm so proud of him. Just need him to continue to be a fighter.

Re: Had my baby at 25 weeks

• Options
    Congrats to you and PRAYERS PRAYERS PRAYERS!!!! God bless that tuff little boy!
    How are you?
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Wishing you lots of love and luck for the future xx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, that must have been so scary! I'm glad your LO seems to be doing ok :)
    When we had a bleeding incident at 27 weeks we got to visit the NICU in preparation for maybe ending up there. We even got to say hello to a little girl who was born at 25 weeks. Those babies in there are fighters! GL with everything!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, very glad to hear you are both doing well.
  • Options
    This is such an inspiring story . I wish the best of luck to you and your new baby boy . That's so scary . I can relate since I am on bed rest for my incompetent cervix and failing cerclage . I am also 25 weeks and 3 days and I would be so scared having my baby now . Congratulations and it's such a blessing he's doing great with how early he came !
  • Options
    Tell that little guy we are thinking of him and to keep up the good fight!  Don't hesitate to drop in and update us! 
  • Options
    Congratulations on your little fighter...you are an amazing mama!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Wishing you and your family the best of luck. That must have been so scary but I'm glad to hear you are both doing well. We have a six year old and he shares your son's birthday :)
    DS- June 2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations! So glad to hear you're doing well and baby is too! I'll keep you both in my prayers, you've got a little fighter on your hands :) 
  • Options
    Congrats! Sending prayers for your little fighter.
  • Options
    Sending love and prayers!!
  • Options
    Prayers for baby and family!
  • Options
    Sending your LO and you're family all kinds of love!
  • Options
    Praying for baby and you
  • Options

Oh sweet boy. Praying for you and your little fighter! Please keep us posted!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck and prayers to your strong little guy!!!

We're having twins

Our angel baby boy is looking over his twin sister - due November 21

• Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you are staying strong for your little fighter. I'm so glad you have been able to express milk for him - that must have been a relief. Praying for strength and healing for both of you.
  • Options
    Prayers to you and your little fighter!
  • Options
    Congratulations to you & prayers are being sent your way!!! Keep us updated if you can :)
  • Options
    That is such an amazing story I'm sorry you had to go through those hardships but I'm so glad your baby is doing well!!!!!!! Congrats momma!
  • Options
    Many blessings to you and your LO and family. Please keep us updated on his growth. I'm sure he will fight his way through ;)
  • Options
    Sending positive thoughts to you, your LO, and your family. Best of luck! He sounds like a fighter for sure!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the birth of your son. Our friends had their baby at 23 weeks on 12/2/14. Micro premiee but a fighter. He had to have eye surgery and is on heart medication for a year but he is home with mom and dad and doing great! He came home in March. He is on oxygen still at night but growing strong everyday. You have along road ahead so lean on family and friends to help. We as friends feel so helpless in these types of situations. All we can do is pray and help in anyway you let us . I'll be keeping your son in my prayers.
  • Options
    Woo hoo! Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous tiny Tom Thumb! Is he still kicking ass and taking names? 

They say the first week is the most dangerous time for preemies. So if he's still kicking, his chances are much better now!

So excited for you and your new arrival!
  • Options
    Vets1Vets1 member
    Congratulations and good luck! I so hope it all works out for you & the baby.
  • Options
    Congratulations
  • Options
    So precious, excited to see him doing so well.
  • Options
    @gnbrown3711 you have such a little fighter. Thank you for the update and keep staying positive!!!
  • Options
    Thanks you for the update! Continued positive thoughts for you and baby!
  • Options
    Keep it up tough guy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    allrightmeowallrightmeow member
    edited July 2015
    Thank you for updating us.  He is so stinking cute! We're all rooting for him!  

ETA

And way to go you on the pumping!  Give yourself a pat on the back.  It gets easier the more you do it.  Your update made my day. 
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you & your little man. He is absolutely adorable.
  • Options
    congratulations and thankful for the beautiful testimony... sending prayers to you and your family
  • Options
    Amazing, what a beautiful boy he is. X
  • Options
    So happy to hear about healthy baby! My friend had her baby girl at 25 weeks and she is now a year old and perfectly healthy!!
  • Options
    Congrats!God bless<3