Baby Names
Options

Recent Baby Names

I thought for fun we could share some names that people you know have used recently, both good and bad.

The new babies facebook has had to offer:
Brenlee
Mahayla (???)
Payton (girl)
Mackenzie
Nadia (love)
Rhys

Re: Recent Baby Names

• Options
    saham07saham07 member
    Patrick Steven, Margaret Mckenzie, Jane Elizabeth
  • Options
    Jackson
    Aidan
    Layla
    Bella
    Asher
    and... Jacelynn. (The father's name is Jason so they thought it would be a cute to name her after him.) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Recently that I can remember from FB.

Tessa

Hunter
  • Options
    I don't know anyone having babies recently, but my fb page has, Lukas, Sophie, and Landon as the most recent.

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options
    Porter, Autumn, Wyatt, Finley, Claire Lyn
  • Options
    Eva, Isabella, Jaxon, Charlotte.
  • Options
    Lady at the coffee shop by my place has a daughter named Jayla. At first I got excited cause I'm planning to name my daughter Layla and I thought they would have the same name...but then she said J instead of L and it didn't sound as appealing.
  • Options
    Scarlett Blaine, Bexxleigh (but y'all knew about that gem of a name already!), Zeke Michael, and....

Major Kruz.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options

Scarlett Blaine, Bexxleigh (but y'all knew about that gem of a name already!), Zeke Michael, and....

Major Kruz.

That almost beats Major Justus.

• Options
    erinnlou said:

Major Kruz.

Hahaha, almost! He also has an older brother named Mission Kash.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options

erinnlou said:

Major Kruz.

Hahaha, almost! He also has an older brother named Mission Kash.
    Oh my goodness. I'm glad Major Justus doesn't have any siblings :))
  • Options
    SpoxieSpoxie member
    Girls:
    Joanna
    Lily
    Chloe
    Evelyn
    Annabelle
    Agnes
    Bria
    Tesla (that's the only one that gets an UGH from me)

Boys:
    Sebastien
    Caleb
    Lucas
    Owen
    Emeric
    Lincoln
  • Options
    Most recent one is Maison. For a girl. Because the 'i' makes it feminine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Twins named Jackson and Sagan (after Carl Sagan, and it's a girl - SMH)
    Audrey (love)
    Penelope Elise
    Sterling (for a girl - double UGH)
    Clark
  • Options
    LizWhiz87 said:

Audrey (love)
    Penelope Elise
    Clark
    Really you saw Sterling for a girl? I have yet to hear of this but this is what I am thinking. Love it! A solid British name but so rarely used.
  • Options
    Ruby, Scarlett, Sofie, Sofie, Sophia, Sophia etc.......like an overplayed pop song on the radio.
  • Options
    What is all this talk of Sterling on a girl.  It's 100% masculine and rare use there.  It possibly sounds like a strippers stage name for a girl but that is it. 

• Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    What is all this talk of Sterling on a girl.  It's 100% masculine and rare use there.  It possibly sounds like a strippers stage name for a girl but that is it. 
  • Options
    jsawicki said:
    Audrey (love)
    Penelope Elise
    Clark
    Really you saw Sterling for a girl? I have yet to hear of this but this is what I am thinking. Love it! A solid British name but so rarely used.
    I did. And I groaned, because it is an absolute terrible name for a girl (or any child really).
  • Options

I tried this game, to see the first 5 children names mentioned on Facebook. I went REALLY far on my minifeed and the weirdest I found was Kiley. The rest were Henry, James, Grace, Katherine, etc

Then I realized something. I unsubscribed from most of my friends who gave their kids weird names, because most of their other posts were just as stupid as the names.

YAAAAAASSSSS!
  • Options
    But I am an amateur photographer, and I see lots of baby photography on Facebook. These aren't people I know personally, but the first several I see today:

Riley (boy)
    Anna Kate
    Hannah Kate
    Alan
    Gunnar
    Lillian
    Emma Kate
    Ana Kate

So, I didn't realize it but Something Kate is awfully popular around here!
  • Options
    SemattiSematti member
    Most recent for me have been
    Nathan Joseph
    Marrea Grace (pronounced MARR-eee-uh. My coworkers and I initially thought she was just spelling Maria oddly)
    Ellie Elizabeth (my niece who I love dearly but OY this name combo has bothered me from the start!)
  • Options

Most recent one is Maison. For a girl. Because the 'i' makes it feminine.

I knew it was only a matter of time....

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    Sematti said:

Nathan Joseph
    Marrea Grace (pronounced MARR-eee-uh. My coworkers and I initially thought she was just spelling Maria oddly)
    Ellie Elizabeth (my niece who I love dearly but OY this name combo has bothered me from the start!)

Ellie Elizabeth?!? Wow. Might as well named her Elizabeth Elizabeth. Poor thing.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options

Sematti said:

Nathan Joseph

Ellie Elizabeth?!? Wow. Might as well named her Elizabeth Elizabeth. Poor thing.
    Nicknames are not MFin names! It just makes you uneducated to do that to a child. I met a guy the other band whose legal first name was Kennie. That ain't right.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    SemattiSematti member

Sematti said:

Nathan Joseph

My husband and I said the same thing! I can't imagine her not connecting those dots one day and being embarrassed. :/
  • Options
    Sematti said:

Sematti said:

Nathan Joseph

My husband and I said the same thing! I can't imagine her not connecting those dots one day and being embarrassed. :/
    This reminds me of the show The Middle where they named their daughter Sue Sue because they couldn't come up with a middle name.
  • Options
    How about this gem I just saw:

McKaylee

There is not enough side-eye for this stuff.
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited May 2015
    Raistlynn. 

Reikynn. (EDIT: Misspelled that on first pass. Somehow...) 

Smack. 
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited May 2015
    My facebook friends however have mostly behaved themselves. We have an Abaigail, A Tadhg (mom's Irish. It's a real name. It's pronounced "T-eye-g" - I can't fault her for choosing a name in her language) We also have a Bridget on my facebook. And a Lilla. Recently a Hannah came into my newsfeed. And a Hunter. A Mary and a Delilah. A Valentina and a Valeria (Last two are Swedish kids.)

My facebook friends have been behaving themselves fairly well so far. 
  • Options
    Graham (born yesterday!)
    Ethan
    Adleigh
    Noelle
    Bo
  • Options
    Ever - a friends daughter who's about 3 or 4 but still can't get over it
    Lyric - I can't
    Sabina - yes mom knows everyone will be trying to add an R
    But the worst was when I worked in foster care SMH...Jealousy, Sparkles, Envy, Unique, Love...just to name a few
  • Options
    In a local MetroParent newspaper: Jamerson.  (boy)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nikiaPSU said:

Ever - a friends daughter who's about 3 or 4 but still can't get over it
    Lyric - I can't
    Sabina - yes mom knows everyone will be trying to add an R
    But the worst was when I worked in foster care SMH...Jealousy, Sparkles, Envy, Unique, Love...just to name a few

Sabina is legit. I like it . Lyric is a total GP for me.

• Options
    gala818gala818 member
    edited May 2015
    I'm new to this board but would love to jump into this conversation.

Most recent:
    Gwen
    Evelyn
    Harrison
    Makenzie
    Vivian
    Charlotte
    Breck
    Levi
    Evan
    Mila
    Hudson
    Eleanor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sematti said:

Ugh. Some people are so stupid.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary