Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Secrets to Surviving the Waiting Game

Re: Secrets to Surviving the Waiting Game

• Options
    @lalala2004 she posted this exact same comment on at least one other board discussion, word for word. Everyone told her the same thing.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lalala2004 she posted this exact same comment on at least one other board discussion, word for word. Everyone told her the same thing.
    Looks like three. Her only posts. Lovely. 

*Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Looks like three. Her only posts. Lovely. 

If I knew how to gif, I would add the one where Seamus blows his goblet of water up in his face. Alas, I haven't figured it out yet.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    If you're mobile, click and hold to copy url. Paste in new browser window. Then once it loads in your new window, copy the url (it changes slightly) and paste it in the following formula between the "=" and the ">" with no spaces except between "img" and "src". < img src = >
  • Options
    I've taken two HPTs before my period in hopes of finding out early results, but they were BFN. I'm doubting pregnancy at this point, though I thought I had early signs. I'm contemplating trying one more HPT tomorrow, which would be my period day (according to my calculations). This is our first month TTC so I may just be over-zealous. How do you all keep sanity while waiting for Aunt Flow (or hopefully missing her)? Any advice?
  • Options
    We have been TTC since March 2015. I use the PD and FF apps. So far the PD app says I am 6 days late and the FF says I am two days late. How long after my supposed start date should I wait before I take a HPT?
    Andi 
    Married: 11/8/14
    TTC #1 Since 3/15

• Options
    dandi2014 said:

We have been TTC since March 2015. I use the PD and FF apps. So far the PD app says I am 6 days late and the FF says I am two days late. How long after my supposed start date should I wait before I take a HPT?

You can actually take if before your suspected start date. However, if you haven't been using FF for long, it may not have enough information to predict this accurately. Did FF confirm ovulation? If so, and you're at least 9DPO, I'd test.

*Siggy Warning*

• Options
    My copy of TCOYF arrived today. It couldn't have been better timing in my opinion! According to OPK and BBT yesterday/today was ovulation day, we've been BD as often as possible/ recommended. I'll be doing some light reading to pass the time during the TWW. Fingers crossed for everyone!
  • Options
    This TWW session is proving especially tough. I'm really counting down the days badly this time! Schools out for the summer and DH is still working. The usual distractions such as Netflix et al. aren't working at all. So I'm spending way too much time obsessing over the morning charting and researching the internet. Whilst researching I found this cool newsletter especially for the TWW  

it's good to have a daily reminder to not obsess and get on with life. Because as they say, things usually happen when you aren't thinking about it. That was how it was with my first - I conceived the month I was busy with moving apartments and starting a new job and had zero time to think about it.

TTC #2
    MC Feb 2015
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jessnjuan07jessnjuan07 member
    edited July 2015
    **Removed by Admin**
  • Options
    Hi @Lottiesmom17, I am in the same boat.  This is our first month TTC and I am in the TWW.  Do you mind telling me a little bit more about the particular hurdles you have faced?  I'd be really grateful, TIA.
  • Options
    LeaavaLeaava member
    @jennyleder thank you so much for posting about us. Glad to know the TWW surprise helped you! 
  • Options
    Hi all! TWW Is going to be the death of me. Currently 8dpo, AF expected in 2 days. Took a FRER this evening and got a super super faint 2nd line. I could see it but my DH could not. Wishful thinking? Should I try again in the AM?
  • Options
    Hi everyone! This is my very first post... My hubs and I have been married for 2 years, TTC baby #1 for seven months now. I'm currently trying to hold off as long as I can to take a test. I'm supposed to start my period this week, nothing yet. This wait is killing me!! This is all such a roller coaster every month. It seems everyone around me is getting pregnant. I have a sister talking about working on her 5th...
    Me: 27 Him: 30
    TTC Baby #1 since 2014.
    Diagnosed: Male Factor
    1st IUI December 9th - failed
    2nd IUI February 3rd - failed
    *Taking a break, y'all*
  • Options
    Hi everyone! This is my very first post... My hubs and I have been married for 2 years, TTC baby #1 for seven months now. I'm currently trying to hold off as long as I can to take a test. I'm supposed to start my period this week, nothing yet. This wait is killing me!! This is all such a roller coaster every month. It seems everyone around me is getting pregnant. I have a sister talking about working on her 5th...
    How do you know you are supposed to start your period? Are you charting BBT?
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    I'm on vacation awaiting to see what my body has in store. FF said I should start the 19th. Last month I started the 24th.. I got a BFN today.. So still waiting it out. So far two people I haven't told we are ttc asked if I was pregnant. Awkward.
  • Options
    I'm on vacation awaiting to see what my body has in store. FF said I should start the 19th. Last month I started the 24th.. I got a BFN today.. So still waiting it out. So far two people I haven't told we are ttc asked if I was pregnant. Awkward.
    The daily TWW posts are designed for this kind of discussion, and you could post your charts to let people see more of what you mean.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    I haven't been using FF very long and it kinda confuses me to be honest. I tested on Sunday afternoon and it was negative. Planning on testing again this coming Sunday morning since I still haven't started. 
    Andi 
    Married: 11/8/14
    TTC #1 Since 3/15

• Options
    jtsabojtsabo member
    dandi2014 said:

I haven't been using FF very long and it kinda confuses me to be honest. I tested on Sunday afternoon and it was negative. Planning on testing again this coming Sunday morning since I still haven't started. 

Doing the tutorials really helps - I thought I knew stuff and then I did all 20 lessons and it just totally blew my mindhole
  • Options
    jtsabo said:

dandi2014 said:

Doing the tutorials really helps - I thought I knew stuff and then I did all 20 lessons and it just totally blew my mindhole
    ^^^^^ THIS. Read all the emails they send you. It's like cliffnotes for TCOYF
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    This is me right to now! I'm 10 DPO tomorrow and I'm testing first thing! If it's a BFN then I know there is still hope. I am just a big ball of anxiety right now!
  • Options
    This is my third month trying. I know me and DH haven't been trying for a long time but that doesn't make the tww any shorter!! Crossing my fingers for good results
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    Married: 04/04/2014
    TTC #1: 05/2015
  • Options

Hi all! My husband and I are in month 3 of TTC. We were married April of this year (2015). I was on Minastrin for about 3 years before. After I stopped my pill, in the end of April it took six weeks for me to get a period. My cycles were also right around 34-35 days. This month (July) I did do an Ovulation Kit every day, as well as Pregnitude Supplement and a prenatal vitamin as recommended by my physician. On day 14 I did get a positive on my ovulation kit which was very surprising as last month I was a week behind and missed my ovulation date by a week. We are now at day 18 in my cycle. If the ovulation kit was somewhat right I will test in two weeks. I am really hoping the Pregnitude helped the regulate my cycles and we were about to conceive. I have been avoiding alcohol, aspirin and keeping up with regular exercise and diet. :)

Me: 31  Husband: 37

Married 4/18/15

Has anyone tried

Me: 31

Him: 38

Married

• Options
    Hi everyone! My husband and have just started TTC #1 this month. I'm currently in the dreaded TWW....First, I don't know how people get through the entire TWW without testing. I tried so hard and gave in yesterday, 9dpo, and then of course had to retest again this morning, both were BFN. I had the strangest "tugging" sensation yesterday before and after my workout... very uncomfortable and nothing like anything I get before AF. I hope this is a good sign but also trying to think realistically. It's so good to see that I'm not the only anxious ball of nerves here. Sending well wishes to everyone!  :-bd
  • Options
    jtsabojtsabo member

Hi everyone! My husband and have just started TTC #1 this month. I'm currently in the dreaded TWW....First, I don't know how people get through the entire TWW without testing. I tried so hard and gave in yesterday, 9dpo, and then of course had to retest again this morning, both were BFN. I had the strangest "tugging" sensation yesterday before and after my workout... very uncomfortable and nothing like anything I get before AF. I hope this is a good sign but also trying to think realistically. It's so good to see that I'm not the only anxious ball of nerves here. Sending well wishes to everyone!  :-bd

I had the same thing last cycle, of course I googled this but then my very unwelcome guest AF showed up. Still don't know what the hell that was. I think all the symptom spotting has shown me that I didn't know my body as well as I thought I did.

I'm using FF and a little 2ww diary to record all these kind of things so when I feel it again next month or whatever I will be able to snap myself out of all the googling and omg am I pregnant type stuff and be like "yep that happened last month"
  • Options
    Yeah, I've read everything under the sun about that... Whether it could be implantation pain, a pulled muscle or something else. I'll be able to take a FRER test in the morning... Hope to get some answers then!
  • Options
    jtsabojtsabo member

Yeah, I've read everything under the sun about that... Whether it could be implantation pain, a pulled muscle or something else. I'll be able to take a FRER test in the morning... Hope to get some answers then!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks! BFN again.... Guess I'm out this month.
  • Options
    Thanks @AL_TwinCities ...I'm 11dpo today but this info helps me to keep some hope.... AF is supposed to be here Monday so I guess I'm jumping the gun. My cycles are so long that it makes it so frustrating!
  • Options
    i jumped the gun too and tested last night got a BFN.. it is still early though... will test again in a few days if AF doesn't show up:) fingers crossed xxxx

• Options
    @lavitabella21 how many days post ovulation are you? I'm gonna try to wait until day AF is supposed to arrive on Monday... Not a fan of the TWW so far lol
  • Options
    PranksPranks member
    Hi, we are TTC and it's our third this month. Had a thought yesterday. I am a control freak, like really, and this is one big thing in my life right now that I have no control over! I am trying to keep it cool and all and reading up. But not sure for how long will I be able to keep up and not get neurotic about it. It's such a relief to read this forum and all your experiences because I know that I am not the only one going through this anxiety so early on into trying!
  • Options
    Jimmerjag15Jimmerjag15 member
    edited July 2015
    How's everyone doing on their TWW?
  • Options
    No AF yet...day 35 of cycle...keeping fingers crossed! Very anxious at the moment
  • Options
    jtsabojtsabo member
    edited July 2015

How's everyone doing on their TWW?

Good, I think FF is going to change my o date, depending on what the next couple of temps do. I'm happy about it since it will line up better with my ov pains and cm as well as making our timing better which also makes me stoked that me and hubby were on the right track with being in the mood at the right time.

Of course it does push out my test date by 4 days...

How about you @Jimmerjag15 ? You were saying you were hoping to test on Monday right? You must have about 3 days to go then (not sure why day it is where you are)

Edited because auto correct sucks
  • Options
    I was trying to wait for Sunday or Monday when AF is due but I tested this morning. Got a faint positive but because it was a blue dye test I'm worried it's not right. It did show the positive before 5 minutes but still... Will test again in the next couple of days!
  • Options
    jtsabojtsabo member
    I was trying to wait for Sunday or Monday when AF is due but I tested this morning. Got a faint positive but because it was a blue dye test I'm worried it's not right. It did show the positive before 5 minutes but still... Will test again in the next couple of days!

Oh gosh that can't be helping the anxiety levels, but still - exciting!